Is this game still pay to win?

▲▲▲

Haven't played for a couple years and just remembered that this game exists. Is it worth returning to? My focus would be pvp. When i quit one of the main reasons was broken arena. Nobody used 5x5, except guilds exploiting the system by fighting their own guildmates for GP.  And you could just buy tournament ranks with miracle coins. For example player A with 100 wins and 200 losses was ranked higher than player B with 100 wins and 100 losses. Obviously player A is very bad and only has 33% win rate, player B is average at 50% win rate but A has higher rank because he bought more tickets. What's the point of even having a "tournament" like that? Just make a leaderboard of miracle coin purchases. Has this been fixed somehow or is wallet still more important than skill? 

Edited by ▲▲▲

Many things have changed, even in arena. I have no idea of what kind of experience you had, that made you angry enough to quit the game. All I'll say then is try to check by yourself dude. And make your own idea about it! :good:

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

Many things have changed, even in arena. I have no idea of what kind of experience you had, that made you angry enough to quit the game. All I'll say then is try to check by yourself dude. And make your own idea about it! :good:

The thing that made me quit was "pay to win" business model which most smartphone multiplayer games have. I like to play competetive games like CS:GO, Overwatch, Dota, LoL on my PC where your rank/mmr depends entirely on your skill, you can spend $1000s there but a better player will still beat you because you can't buy things that ruin gameplay, only cosmetic stuff.

I logged in and found out that you can still buy the #1 spot in arena which isn't fun and there's no challenge so cya in 2 more years if this game is still alive. Don't get me wrong, this game is fun, i like the nostalgic graphics, combat and open world pvp but the fact that you can literally buy tournament wins just ruins gameplay and any competetive aspect. 

Anyone knows any non-p2w mmos for android with some pvp?

1 hour ago, ▲▲▲ said:

The thing that made me quit was "pay to win" business model which most smartphone multiplayer games have. I like to play competetive games like CS:GO, Overwatch, Dota, LoL on my PC where your rank/mmr depends entirely on your skill, you can spend $1000s there but a better player will still beat you because you can't buy things that ruin gameplay, only cosmetic stuff.

I logged in and found out that you can still buy the #1 spot in arena which isn't fun and there's no challenge so cya in 2 more years if this game is still alive. Don't get me wrong, this game is fun, i like the nostalgic graphics, combat and open world pvp but the fact that you can literally buy tournament wins just ruins gameplay and any competetive aspect. 

Anyone knows any non-p2w mmos for android with some pvp?

Actually you might not come back to the game even after 2 years, because this system will never change

and for non-p2w mmorpg's there are none.... sorry but that's the truth and if there are then the game is not free to play 

2 hours ago, FakeUser said:

Actually you might not come back to the game even after 2 years, because this system will never change

and for non-p2w mmorpg's there are none.... sorry but that's the truth and if there are then the game is not free to play 

There are many non-p2w mmos on PC but you're right, they're mostly buy to play or have a monthly fee which is still much better than p2w because at least you have fair gameplay there (WoW, Guild Wars 2, ESO...). Only free ones that come to mind right now are Wildstar which is dead/dying and PoE which is similar to an mmorpg but it's action rpg.

Seems like you're right about mobile games though where cash shops make otherwise decent games bad. I can deal with things like exp boosts or whatever that simply allow you to progress faster but buying places on leaderboards is just too much.

Edited by ▲▲▲

• 8 months later...
On 24.6.2017 at 3:53 PM, Ikafati said:

Nope, all rankings are still abused by whales, the game is still very much P2W

this game is so much p2w it became p2p 

16 hours ago, Helloguys said:

this game is so much p2w it became p2p 

pay real money, or expect to grind 4 years to even become slightly decent.

Pay and abuse the system to win (this applies to all arena rankings).

You don't need skill, just need to have a lot of friends to abuse the system with you.

Edited by nabnecro

It's not even fun to play anymore. Nothing encourages me to even enter the game, not even daily gifts (as some games do), for they are shit. Devs simply don't realise the opportunities in it, unlike other games do.

Lot's of things in the game system are old and out of date, few new things are implemented. New content comes out every few months but both battles and guild castles for example which were introduced as game changing are already not a thing anymore.

Problem with guild castles for example: The fact that only a few guilds can get their hands on them makes the whole update lame. It was simply counterproductive. If that one guild doesn't improve the castle with full steam, it doesn't even make sense. The shop is the ONLY way currently where other guilds' members can interact with castles at the moment. And I have never ever seen anything for sale there. I know that it takes time to release updates but such long waiting time is something that ruins them.

Arena: let's don't even get started. It's a laugh that only the best 5 of the millions get ANY reward. At least the first 100 should get some items (like unique weapons or gear), like in other games. Arena points worth nothing now with ferocity update.

Islernort is dead. The once populated isle of Arinar is dead.

Ayvondil is too damn big with too damn many mobs along the way.

Guild events - suck. Why would we spend time spamming dungeons to then defeat bosses to then, after hours of playing get only crap?

Dungeons - suck. Why would I spend hours of time and tens of staminas to get only crap? If mobs fallen would drop (considerable) amount of gold or staminas would restore in a MUCH shorter amount of time, then maybe, but the current situation is miserable.

Need more proof?

Edited by BennyBT

13 hours ago, BennyBT said:

Daily login could be updated by adding 7 day lohin and on the 7th day you would get some signs or pots ( [receiving] ofc.

Guils castles could be for every guild but upgrading would take castle resources and gold/signs 

But if top 100 would get arena weapon/armor then what about those who already have full arena gear, i agree with current system that #1 gets armor and accesory and #2-#3 get accesory, however maybe they should give top 10 some arena ticks and maybe 100% glad pot (all [receiving].

Only part of irselnort that is populated is t1 and there are mostly players selling items. Only part of ayvo where there are players is t4

Thankfully every dg can be 1 stam with enough skill and amp

Engineer mobs drop nice amounts of gold

Maybe 1 stam every 6h since if it would be every 4h then it would maybe restore too quick

Well, this game Is not p2w for healers they no need much amp, they need only a +6 staff and heal is good, but for dps and tank classes yes, they need much amp and dmg acessoryes really expensive asf.

If you do all daily quests,Old lab and t4 ayvondil and swamp quests u can be good also with expensive classes but need time and patience

I hightly recommend healers if you are new in game and want play f2p expirience

Charmer is also a good option since their heal is not bad and they outdamage warlocks, my noob charmer lvl 20 with 3k deff and 200 dmg can solo spring dg easly, for me charmer is best charater, the support, they tank and they do good dmg as well.

20 hours ago, BennyBT said:

It's not even fun to play anymore. Nothing encourages me to even enter the game, not even daily gifts (as some games do), for they are shit. Devs simply don't realise the opportunities in it, unlike other games do.

Lot's of things in the game system are old and out of date, few new things are implemented. New content comes out every few months but both battles and guild castles for example which were introduced as game changing are already not a thing anymore.

Problem with guild castles for example: The fact that only a few guilds can get their hands on them makes the whole update lame. It was simply counterproductive. If that one guild doesn't improve the castle with full steam, it doesn't even make sense. The shop is the ONLY way currently where other guilds' members can interact with castles at the moment. And I have never ever seen anything for sale there. I know that it takes time to release updates but such long waiting time is something that ruins them.

Arena: let's don't even get started. It's a laugh that only the best 5 of the millions get ANY reward. At least the first 100 should get some items (like unique weapons or gear), like in other games. Arena points worth nothing now with ferocity update.

Islernort is dead. The once populated isle of Arinar is dead.

Ayvondil is too damn big with too damn many mobs along the way.

Guild events - suck. Why would we spend time spamming dungeons to then defeat bosses to then, after hours of playing get only crap?

Dungeons - suck. Why would I spend hours of time and tens of staminas to get only crap? If mobs fallen would drop (considerable) amount of gold or staminas would restore in a MUCH shorter amount of time, then maybe, but the current situation is miserable.

Need more proof?

All of what you said is true.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2017 at 12:55 PM, ▲▲▲ said:

For example player A with 300 wins and 100 losses was ranked higher than player B with 200 wins and 100 losses. Obviously player A is very bad and only has 33% win rate, player B is average at 50% win rate 

Im very late on this buy if plyer A has 300 wins out of 400 matches that means he has win rate of 75% and if player B has 200 wins out of 300 then he has win rate of 66,666...%

you say that player a has 300 wins and 100 losses (that means all fights = 400) 300/400 = 0.75 the probability of his winning). In this case, player b won 200 fights at 300 fights (this means 200/300 = 0.66) PLAYER A WINS WITH A LARGE PROBABILITY THAN PLAYER B