New Forum: Visual Pollution

Akasha

Well, the title is clear. I have a couple of suggestions that come to my mind about new features that I don't understand the exact purpose or simply don't like it personally. If you agree with my suggestions, please support me. If you have any other thing related to the topic in your mind, post here as well. Things that annoy me are mostly about visual pollution, if I remember anything else I'm going to post a little later here.

Hashtags: I can't understand why hashtags and tags receive more attention than a pinned topic. 

Suggestion: Use a normal hashtag system with no highlighter. Add standard font color for hashtags/tags and it should be enough. +for SEO's sake, an option with invisible hashtags would be interesting.

9SGgNIU.jpg

v12yG68.jpg

JqlCmfA.jpg

Smileys: Most of the smileys are not only ugly and disproportionate but completely useless as well. 

Suggestion: Remove the most useless smileys and resize the useful ones or give the users an option to resize them

old one: :D     

new one: :1F603:

useless smiles: 

:1F523:  :26F2:

:1F595:
and what is this??

Edited by Aкasha

I agree that the new forum has way too many visually striking features that don't really need to be that way. The gray bar in the spoilers is also something that really serves no purpose and shouldn't gather so much attention, the idea is to hide something anyway so it could be more discreet.

Edited by Ninja Owl

20 hours ago, James Woodward said:

Bring game emotes into the forum, am i a genius?

Screencap them, remove the backround, upload to tinypic and use them in your replies via  [/ img] [ img] , am i a genius?

Edited by Raezer

18 hours ago, Raezer said:

Screencap them, remove the backround, upload to tinypic and use them in your replies via  [/ img] [ img] , am i a genius?

takes too much time

39 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Shorter than seeing them as real emotes on the forum.

Absolutely :D

On 6/17/2017 at 2:30 PM, James Woodward said:

Bring game emotes into the forum, am i a genius?

has been suggested several times :/

Edited by Aкasha

• 2 weeks later...

Oh what actually came to my mind recently: Earlier you were able to see how many members the forum has, the total amount of posts, the newest member etc.

I couldn't find this option anywhere on the new forum or am I blind?:blink:

1 hour ago, Julie said:

Oh what actually came to my mind recently: Earlier you were able to see how many members the forum has, the total amount of posts, the newest member etc.

I couldn't find this option anywhere on the new forum or am I blind?:blink:

Bad joke :tongue:

Well, I have the feeling that there is somewhere the amount of members (at least on PC), but I can't remember now. I will have to check it later.

3 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Bad joke :tongue:

Well, I have the feeling that there is somewhere the amount of members (at least on PC), but I can't remember now. I will have to check it later.

Haha I didn't find that joke bad at all xD

I'd like to say that many of the things suggested above can't be implemented because of the peculiarities of the new version of the forum and its functionality. Or it may be, but with a quite time-consuming work of our IT guys. It concerns hashtags, spoilers bars and other such default things. I'm not a fan of them either, but there is really nothing I can do here.

I'm gradually adding new emoticons to the forum, so feel free to suggest any other emoticons to be added.

I hope i got it correctly, I tried to put all the pengus smilies of the game on a white background.

Hope they can be used in the forum as well. What do you think, @Daria?

Pengus.jpg

33 минуты назад, Higgings сказал:

I hope i got it correctly, I tried to put all the pengus smilies of the game on a white background.

Hope they can be used in the forum as well. What do you think, @Daria?

:ping1::ping2::ping3::ping4::ping5::ping6::ping7::ping8:

The quality is not great since they have been resized several times. I'll try to make them of better quality a bit later, but you can already use them. :smile:

Yayy :ping4:

I apologize for the quality. Computers we have at work are not really meant for art editing xd

I'd have made a better work with my tablet :hehe:

Edited by Higgings

11 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

Yayy :ping4:

I apologize for the quality. Computers we have at work are not really meant for art editing xd

I'd have made a better work with my tablet :hehe:

No problem! Actually, I seem to have mastered the trick of cutting and editing those smiles from the game this morning. So, I'll be adding them as soon as they are ready. Any more preferable smiles from the game you want me to add?

A friend of mine asked if it was possible to add the piggy smily available on the last spring event ( with some luck ) by giving away Love Messages. Though, I need to take the screenshot somewhere :search:

Edited by Higgings

On 29.6.2017 at 5:01 PM, Daria said:

I'd like to say that many of the things suggested above can't be implemented because of the peculiarities of the new version of the forum and its functionality. Or it may be, but with a quite time-consuming work of our IT guys. It concerns hashtags, spoilers bars and other such default things. I'm not a fan of them either, but there is really nothing I can do here.

And it concerns emoticons as well. Seriously, if it was not very hard to get them from the game, I would eagerly add them to the forum. If somebody would really like a certain set of emoticons to be added, you can cut them out from the game (as Raezer mentioned above), remove the back and send to me, and I will add them, providing they are of the appropriate size. All I can do now is to remove new smiles (Akasha, I agree with you, they are disgusting) and add some other like :wind: (you can already find them in a separate smile group).

Feel free to suggest any other emoticons to be added.

:nonono::ah:Ah!! You are awesome!! I wanna give you a bear hug!!!:happy: 

Thank you for the answer and for adding all these new smiles, It already makes our time much more enjoyable and fun :bye:

10 minutes ago, Liidert said:

I want my duck power :cray:

Could you provide an screenshot to make sure I got it? I can take care of removing the background of player's favorite smiles in game and send to her.

Edited by Aкasha

10 минут назад, Aкasha сказал:

Could you provide an screenshot to make sure I got it? I can take care of removing the background of player's favorite smiles in game and send to her.

Ah, no problem! I can do this myself, just tell me about the ones you'd like to be added in the first place and gradually we will add all of them here. :panda4:

1 minute ago, Daria said:

Ah, no problem! I can do this myself, just tell me about the ones you'd like to be added in the first place and gradually we will add all of them here. :panda4:

Oky :happy: