Charmer - Analysis and Suggestions

Higgings

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this topic! :hi:

As many of you obviously know, the update 7.0.0 gave us something totally new in game; I am talking about ( of course ) of the new classes! 1 each clan, 4 characters, now, per clan. However, I am here today to talk about one class in particular, the hardest ( In my modest opinion :blush: ) to build, in equip and skill wise; The Charmer. 

Among all, the charmer is the only class in game who is able to:

-Wear Cloth and/or Heavy armors

-Wear a staff or 1h Mace + Shield 

-Summoning Creatures 

Basic Skills ( lv1-17 )

At low levels, this class can be built in a totally different way. We know that charmer requires Magic Damage in order to be competitive in places like arenas, however, some players forget about it sometimes ( that might be a reason of why there are many low level players atm of such class. Or maybe because only 2 weeks have passed from the latest update, lel ). 

Let's take now its skills in Exams:

Dark Prism:  The common attack skill that everybody has. Deals a nice ammount of damage if the main build of the charmer is the Magic Damage. Nice thing of this skill is that is a ranged skill, so it will work as a ranged attack even while using a mace and a shield. Keep this in mind ^^

Warrior Healing: A weird skill, quite unique among all the skills healers have ( even though we can't really consider the charmer as a healer, just for this skill ). The skill itself is useful, but can ABSOLUTELY NOT be replaced to a necro heal or a shaman heal, for now at least. The skill's ammount of healing is quite low, even at high damage, and shall be used as an emergency skill in case another member in the party is in danger, except the tank. Let's say a necro who overused his skills, or a rogue who has got damaged by some mobs. Curious thing is that the Cooldown of the skill is egual to the time the healing buff lasts, so It will not be a bad idea adding some CoolDown items in a Charmer's equip. 

Weakness: A useful skill, very appreciated by people who are used to go in Dungeons or Questing. I would avoid anyway to use points on this skill if your target are arenas. 

Call: Overstimated skill, in my opinion. It's more likely the players have chosen to create a charmer just because "It is cool to summon a pet". This skill works depending on the physical damage of the charmer, and this is where the players fall. If a charmer uses a full physical dmg set up, just to maximize this skill, it will make as a conseguence the rest of the charmer's skills totally useless. Besides, in high levels the skill itself reveals to be quite useless, since mobs around the new maps insta kill them, or players in arena take 1-2 hits to kill the beast; the system sees the pet as a player,thus makes him not immune to the Opponent's Ferocity and Resilience. On the other hand, in low levels arena this skill reveals to be pretty op in certain situations. An arena charmer lv14, for example, reveals to be tricky to fight, cause his minions have got op statistics ( 1.5k hps and 150 damage for a mob is quite too op, for a player lv10-14 ). He is your best friend in Norlant Swamps, since it will be your loyal and cute Demon-dog that every Forsaken Child would love to have ( Do not even dare to cast Warrior Healing while you are trying to use the dog as bait in swamps! The Dark Showman reserves the right to say "Hah I warned you!" If you do it ). Note that, atm, the Minion summoned does NOT disappear once the summoner dies. I'm not sure if developpers did it on purpose or it is a bug.

Oppression: . Useful skill to take some advantage if the enemy reveals to be quite too much strong. It is a ranged attack, and it works pretty much like Sharp Shadows, with the difference(s) that Oppression deals way less damage, and the stun can be Dodged/Parried/Blocked. As well as Sharp Shadows, it is a ranged attack, so make sure to use it at your advantage in case the situation becomes dangerous. 

Expert Skills ( lv18+ )

There is actually little to be said here. Charmer's expert skills consist in a range of AoE Damage Skills, Control and Support. They reveal to be pretty strong even at a low level, giving a good chance to lv18 arena players to be dangerous against their opponent. 

Let's have a quick look to its skills:

Stone Curse: this skill works like Warlock's Stone Body, the only difference is, it is the enemy who's being Petrified. This skill removes the Fight Mode, allowing the charmer to either change equips or become Usain Bolt and running all around the arena and Healing himself in the meanwhile ( and why not, summoning also some dogs to slow down the enemy :biggrin: )

Otherworldly Blessing: Hybrid skill; Can be extremely useful for a tank ( raising his "Block" statistic ), and good enough for a charmer as well, although building a charmer with "Block" means sacrificing a caster equip to a tank one. Can be a good choice if you plan to make a physical damage build for your charmer, instead of a magic damage one.

Knowledge of the Dead Man: Passive skill. Stunning skill. For a charmer is easy to spam skills against a player. I can't see such a powerful use in PvE, and can be very useful in PvP. Actually, in PvP is a must having it maxed. 

Overworldly Fire:  An AoE damage skill, 3x3 large ( I might be wrong on this ). Deals a very nice ammount of damage even being at 1/4 ( of course if you use a Magic Damage set up ), can crit and stun as well. Levelling it up will increase the damage and the stun chance. 

Eye of the Darkness: Here another hybrid skill, although many might see it good in PvP only. It allows to see camouflaged enemies ( Rogues/Seekers/Funny people under Ink buff in war ) and raise the def of the character. Nice thing of this skill is that can be casted on allies too, increasing the defence and making it useful in PvE too. Maybe one of the skills a Charmer should not lack of, either if it is PvP or PvE built.

Help of Chaos: . This skill allows the charmer to summon another creature ( Bird of the Night ) which will help him, or an ally, healing his wounds and fighting an enemy. The more this skill is upgraded, the more the bird stays onto the battlefield. Moreover, this skill finally gives the charmer a reason to choose a staff, since the bird's attack and its healing exclusively depend on the charmer's magic damage. 

Energy Manipulation: This skill allows the charmer to steal some energy from the opponent, recharging, as a result, the charmer's mana by the specific ammount stolen. Can be very good in case the charmer lacks suddenly of mana or simply want his enemy to burn reserves of energy faster. 

Available Relics for a Charmer 

This part is maybe the thing that disappoints me on a charmer. Although it is designed as a support class, the charmer lacks of Useful relics which defend himself in a PvP . (Relic of immunity - Great relic of Curse Removal ). Does not lack of Relics which can increase the Resistence and the Endurance of the character ( Relic of Unprecedent Health - 

Great Relic of Energy Efficiency ). 

Nice thought giving the possibility to the Great Relic of Inacessibility to be added in Oppression. . For this skill, the rare relic can be added depending on your way of playing. My Personal advice is: Relic of Inefficiency -> PvP/ Relic of Magic Weakness -> PvE

What to say about Dark Prism? Empowering relics like Great Relic of High Mastery or Great Relic of Punishing Ablity or again Great Relic of Indomitable Blow are fo sure the most liked and used in game. But please do not forget that there are a lot of possibilities and combos who might reveal to be op on a charmer, however you can absolutely feel free to use any relic of the Up mentioned ones. In PvP, i might take in consideration to purchase a Relic of Overwhelming Ability if I were you, in order to give this skill a stunning ability ( since Charmers haven't got many, ah? :biggrin: ). My Personal advice here depends on levels: Great Relic of Sudden Strenght + Relic of Overwhelming Ability -> PvP ( Useful in level 6-16, not advised for higher level brackets ) or Great Relic of High Mastery + Relic of Overwhelming Ability -> ( Works pretty fine on high Levels ) / Any Empowering relic + Relic of Magic Weakness -> PvE

Although I rate it as a Overstimated skill, Relics which can be added to Call are pretty nice for this skill lovers. Consider to use Great Relic of Continuous Effect Here, since it will be funny to see people being annoyed by dogs for a quite long time ( would be hypocrit not to admit it :blush: ) or i would not dislike a Great Relic of Punishing Ablity either. I am not sure, however, how rare relics should work on these dogs. The most plausible idea is Dogs with a chance of triggering relics every time they hit the enemy... please, correct me here If I am wrong. Here my idea of this skill Relic-build: Great Relic of Continuous Effect + Relic of Slowing -> PvP / Any relic you like + Relic of Physical/Magical Exhaustion -> PvE

Relics available for Weakness are not so bad either. In fact, we can choose a good combo or even 2 different builds who can be useful either in PvP or PvE. The skill itself is not that bad either in Dungeon vs bosses or in Hunts or quests. My idea here is: Great Relic of Concentration + Relic of Wild Thrill -> PvP /Great Relic of Continuous Effect + Relic of Awkwardness -> PvE

Last but not least, Warrior Healing Is the only healing skill of a charmer ( for now at least ), and that allows him to have a one of the best relics for healers, Great Relic of Refreshing. Please, avoid using Great Relic of Salutary Healing because it depends on the ammount healed to your ally, and since the heal of a charmer is not very high, you might not get the best from it. My advice for this skill is: Relic of Unprecedent Health ->  PvP /  Relic of Dexterity -> PvE 

There are also many other relics which can be used to create a nice build for your charmer, I've only told you the ones I'd use. There isn't "The best Build". Just customize your character and have fun with it. 

Charmer's PvE Equipment/Skill build

As a Forsaken, the charmer burns a lot of Mana ( this is why the +3 more energy regen is not a passive skill to understimate ), Thus the Mana and the Energy Regen is something I would focus on. Once you decide your Charmer must Support in PvE, you'd better make sure it  is ready for every kind of challenge your team mates want to face! 

So, what would I use to make sure my charmer is ready? Here is my personal idea. I will post Several Versions of PvE build, keeping in Mind that some players would love to stay "low level" in order to get drops from a certain type of Mini Bosses ( lab for example ).

Charmer lv18, PvE Build

(NOTE: The charmer class has not been implemented yet, unfortunatly, so you won't be able to see the result of the statistics. I hope this is not a too big problem for you guys. Besides, all the builds made are for a guildless charmer; if we were in a very high lv guild, we should have created the charmer on a different way, as a conseguence, to make it as more balanced as possible. If for some weird reason links do not send you to the site directly, just copy and paste them to your Browser: It should work!)

Staff build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#22961

Mace Build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23940

-There are obviously way better items for a charmer than the ones I put here, but this is maybe one of the best ( and cheap ) sets available in game. Some of these items can be obtained in Swamps or Normal Tower. The ammount of Mana and Energy Regen should Grant you to carry on spamming skills, without dodging them too much, thanks to the balanced ammount of Accuracy given by this set up. The staff I've used was actually chosen for the statistics it has; you can feel free to use any you like there, but in my modest opinion, I'd choose something with Accuracy and CoolDown.

For the 1h Mace lovers, instead, I rather for now using a Physical damage mace, since the current skills do not let a 1h magic damage mace to be utilised at his 100% of its strenght. A physical damage mace also allows to empower our doggies, which will reveal to be good allies in damage matters. I've used a heavy belt in the Mace build, cause both the mace and the shield add nice defensive statistics, so i thought, why not adding more?

Of course, If you have a particular love for lv18 characters and you have no financial problems, then here my personal Idea for a Lv18 maxed PvE charmer: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23935 . ( Staff ) http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23933 ( Mace )

Skill build here requires a good balance as well. Make sure you choose wisely here! Here what I thought:

Basic Skills:

Warrior Healing 5/5

Weakness 5/5

2 points left*

Expert skill:

Eye of the Darkness 1/4

* Now depends on what kind of charmer you want to have: if you rely on physical damage, then Call skill is the right option! 

Charmer lv22, PvE Build

Staff Build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#22964

Mace Build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23939

-I found a charmer lv22 way easier to build than a charmer lv18. All the equipments I've put there have been chosen mainly for the Mana and the Accuracy they give. Skyfire rings cost around 40k each, and are very useful even at high levels. Also they will compensate the lack of Hps of the amulet and gloves, so that all the mix will result Balanced. The story for the staff is the same even for lv22 characters: use the one you like the most. The one I've put there is just for the statistics it has. Same story for the mace, I liked its statistics and found it cheap enough for this build. But if you have something better, feel free, as always, to use something different! Only quite expensive item present here, is "Golden Dawn Boots". In EU-Emerald, they worth around 200k atm. Thus, feel free to change them with any item you like the most. Here as well, if you have enough currencies, I will post another nice enough set I thought: http://wsdb.ru/calculator#23936   (Staff)  http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23937 (Mace)

Gears, mostly, change here. And, of course, the amp level :biggrin:.

Basic Skills:

Warrior Healing 5/5

Weakness 5/5

2 Points left

Expert Skills:

Eye of the Darkness 2/4

Otherwordly Blessing ?/4

OR:

Help of Chaos ?/4

2 points left* 

*Depending on your build. Choose wisely!

Charmer lv26+, PvE Build

Once you plan your charmer must be high levelled, it is hard to talk about "Making a cheap but good Build for Dungeons, Solo Hunts or Questing with mates". After having clarified this, let's go ahead, Ladies and Gentlemen! 

Staff Build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#22967

Mace Build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23941

-As you can see by yourself, I tried to keep as many items as possible, so that you will be able to spare some gold for gears. The technocrats staff has got many nice statistics there, as well as a bit of Penetration. Also I've put a lv24 Sky Sorcerer's baldric, available by hunting Pteriks ( you might drop it, if you are lucky enough ), or another good choice is the lv24 belt from the Xmas event, the one with Accuracy which replaces Hps. Maces in lv 26+ are either with magic damage as first statistic, or without magic damage at all. So I took the one which looked like good enough for now ( i know, there is the crafted one.... don't worry! )

Here what you could do with some currencies! 

http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23927 . (Staff)  http://ws-db.ru/calculator#23942 (Mace)

This time I have chosen caster set more than heavy, for the good statistics' sake xD. There is also a little change on expert skills. May it be clear, that these builds are only ideas you might use :advise:. Assuming we are lv28, this is the build I would make

Basic Skills:

Warrior Healing 5/5

Weakness 5/5

2 points left

Expert Skills:

Eye of the Darkness 3/4

Otherwordly Blessing 3/4

1/2 points left *

*Depending still on your build!

All these advices come from me, directly. It is what I've experienced and I wanted to share. Everybody who wants to leave some advices too are more than welcome here! You know, I am always looking for people who love to conversate.

See you all, and thank you for your attention! Ah, the post might be of course updated in the future, as soon as new

stuff come, so stay tuned :drinks:

Edited by Higgings
Added new skills and updated some descriptions! ( 29th August 2017 )

Good thoughts here. Thumbs up!

Let's get some skill progression info plugged in? I'm curious on block..

While i'm one of those call enthusiasts it's important to note what you've pointed out about summons survivability at higher levels. When vs big amps high levels you can lose your summon right quick. Still, in a 1v1 situation with stun locked down that doge gonna eat. 

Knowledge is immensely useful. Not only stun not only huge dmg, it can be applied with any skill use.. allowing you to load prism or fire with its effect. All targets under otherwordly fire receive this, a stunsplosion. As a passive ability i can't say anything but omg yuss about it. War, dg, arena, 1v1, can't be without knowledge!

I think charmer is great because i don't think any build or style is a bad idea. You can play it how you like it and the fun is at maximum levels. For the cost of a book oblivion the amount of play style you can tweak out of this class is incredible. 

1 hour ago, Eldhrimnir said:

Good thoughts here. Thumbs up!

Thank you a lot for your support! I heard you have got a PvP charmer as well, so a compliment from a charmer user is a very good achievement for me!

Let's get some skill progression info plugged in?

I will try to put such infos in my topic too, but as you may know, It is hard to do it without using tons of Oblivion Books to test them out. 

Knowledge is immensely useful. Not only stun not only huge dmg, it can be applied with any skill use.. allowing you to load prism or fire with its effect. All targets under otherwordly fire receive this, a stunsplosion.

That's something I didn't think at all. The result will be op! That's great, really like it! 

I just came back after a long retirement from Warspear and chose Charmer as it was a new class and was afraid that I didn't make a good choice.

You made me change idea. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, shickst said:

I just came back after a long retirement from Warspear and chose Charmer as it was a new class and was afraid that I didn't make a good choice.

You made me change idea. 

Thanks

My pleasure :)

Nice post.

Just want to say smth about call:

As u said it's quite OP at low lvl, and quite useless at high lvl.

With lvl 10 it's horrible 1500hp to kill is huge, and it can hit u 100+ even low amp. if u down to half hp it can kill u quite easily

At lvl18 it's balanced, 1500hp can be killed quite fast, and even though the dmg increases, the fact that dps is less important than at low lvl bcs there are more skills, and also the fact there is more AoE dmg and stun skills make it easy to handle them.

I guess at lvl 28 it's quite useless for the saem reasons.

I think the hp should be adjusted to the lvl: smth like 700hp at lvl 10 should be balanced (still take time to kill it, and if dmg is not nerfed can deal u a lot of dmg), 1000 at lvl 14, 1500 lvl 20, 2000 lvl 24, 2500lvl 28 (these are just to give u an idea of what amount of hp is balanced for 5/5call. Of course it evolves at each lvl, not only 10 to 14 and so on)

And with lower hp perhaps charmers will run a little less... now i feel like 2/3 charmers in low lvl arena just summon their beast and run while it's killing u...

One last thing, that u mentionned, and that i think is the most important: the beast should die when the summoner dies, just like other summons. In seals i get mad when i can't respawn at lvl 10 bcs there are 3 1500hp 100dmg beast at the respawn place, even when all opponents are dead.

This is not a bad idea at all, Pecleb. I agree on adjusting this skill according to the Character's level too. And not only the Physical Damage. Got my support! 

16 hours ago, AliceMoon said:

Rly i dont care about dog,i think warrior heal id too low,srly i know its not shaman but...u know what u mean

At this point then i'd say better the way it is now. Although I agree xd

Hi again,

So my good friend asked me if we could test out eye of darkness on his dk, many thanks to him for supplying books. Here's the result as well as the unrelated dk buffed to the max yo. Please disregard the cooldown shown for eye as I forgot to unequip before screens, it is 20 seconds. 

Screenshot_20170621-032744~01.png

Screenshot_20170621-030419~01.png

Screenshot_20170621-030431~01.png

Screenshot_20170621-030441~01.png

Screenshot_20170621-031418~01.png

Edited by Eldhrimnir
add pic

Thank you bro! :good:

I might ask you to make a video of you pvping and post the video here? I would actually love to see a charmer in action! :dirol:

So here you go, some from just earlier. I apologize as the play is a bit sloppy and I got careless near the end of one of the matches vs the 28.

But that's basically the whole of it.. make good use of stone and just pres buttunz.

20170621_103245.mp4

20170621_104923.mp4

20170621_105156.mp4

Edit: and im nub to not know how to embed.

Edited by Eldhrimnir
Im nub

18 hours ago, Eldhrimnir said:

That's what I was talking about! :aggressive::biggrin:

I'm not certain on fire, i haven't had books to try myself tho i do remember someone saying 40% or 45%. Duration stun lv1 is 1.5sec.

3 previous were paladin, bd mage and priest right here. Im at 17.9 cooldown in that set trying to drop stone as often as possible..

20170622_102810.mp4

20170622_105638_edited.mp4

20170621_152641.mp4

28 minutes ago, Eldhrimnir said:

I'm not certain on fire, i haven't had books to try myself tho i do remember someone saying 40% or 45%. Duration stun lv1 is 1.5sec.

3 previous were paladin, bd mage and priest right here. Im at 17.9 cooldown in that set trying to drop stone as often as possible..

20170622_102810.mp4

20170622_105638_edited.mp4

20170621_152641.mp4

OMG Charmer so good:yahoo: these videos really show what charmer can really do

May you tell me your skill build normal and experts

Edited by FakeUser

So, im a mixed tank charmer, i use otherwordly blessing 3/4 and i get 16%block using shield, and armor. Also it adds Hp that works as a insta heal , could be compare with necro, but for me adds 550hp that saves my life farming

I hope next exp skills develop the healer side of this class

Screenshot_2017-06-22-21-18-11-1.png

From all the other classes in Warspear, I find charmer to be most interesting. I mean, come on, caster with heavy armor who can summon pets? 

Anyways, can you guys give me a tip what is the best pve built on charmer? Thanks.

Planning mace? Planning staff?

That's a big question on preference and having to do with points in call or not. Having said that.. use phys mace and 5/5 your call.

There's a lot of reasons for mace over staff imo. Surviving with a shield. Prism, oppress and fire are already ranged skills and I can't see dot from 5call master and dog being outweighed by any dmg increase you're going to put out in a staff build. Otherworldly blessing and eye of darkness lend advantage to shield builds and knowledge seems to tickle more with staff than when it crushes with mace.

Imo it's hard to justify not putting points in oppress whether pvp or pve focus. Boss will resist this, for everything else it's golden.

Weakness 5/5 is -30% defenses. It is not resisted by boss. 3/3 is 20% 

Prism i don't see as worthy for points. Outside of bosses charmer focus is stuns, our dmg isn't as important as spamming prism for counts to knowledge. 

Warrior heal. This i think can be useful for certain pvp situations as your 3 point dump in basic skills if youre mixing enough cloth/magic accessories. If you're going full support staff/magic mace then you will most likely want to drop points here.

Experts are pretty simple. Get them all. 5 second stun +dmg every 5th skill use, knowledge 4/4..this skill is too good not to have maxed. Eye of darkness can be useful for buffing tanks.. if focusing in pve you could explore points in this..

Not sure that i understand your question @AliceMoon. Weakness reduces the targets' physical and magic defense.

3/5 weakness(-20%) applied to my bd drops his pdef to 2700 from 3400

The Thread has been updated. Check it out with my personal advices about PvE Builds! I might also create PvP builds in the future! :drinks:

@Higgings

Hey brother. Im confused as to why you would put points in call before oppress as a staff user.

If you want to focus pve support and if you must use staff I think that 5 heal 5 weak 3 oppress, 5 heal 5 oppress 3 weak or 5 heal 4 oppress 4 weak would be a better option.. even prism... Points in call strictly as a staff user, I don't understand this.. why not use magic mace?

Simply wearing a shield doesn't preclude you from performing any action other than tanking. 

Ok so here's the bottom line, I've been trying to be gentle but..

Staff is what you keep in your bag for when your healer dies, these builds are for running, extremely minimal support (even more so before experts)and ranged bosses. Staff is secondary to mace in almost every conceivable situation. With primary stat magic mace there really is no good reason to staff a charmer at all.

To build a class solely around, arguably, its weakest skill.. it is folly.

Hey brother. Im confused as to why you would put points in call before oppress as a staff user.

Thank you for interesting about this bro, I am happy to see people care about Charmers :)

Let's answer to every question ( or at least let's try xD )

If you want to focus pve support and if you must use staff I think that 5 heal 5 weak 3 oppress, 5 heal 5 oppress 3 weak or 5 heal 4 oppress 4 weak would be a better option.. even prism... Points in call strictly as a staff user, I don't understand this.. why not use magic mace?

I won't lie, the question fits in the topic perfectly and it kinda makes me look like an incoerent, but the answer is pretty simple actually. The idea was more "use the 2 points left wherever you feel the best option" than a "Use those points on dogs cause they are good". If I made you get the 2nd option, then i apologize and I will correct it as soon as possible! :good:

If you are a PvE and Staff user, what's the point on using Oppression if the boss resists your stuns? We clearly know also that the damage dealt by Oppression is quite low, so this is another reason Of why I refused to put points on Oppression. It is an op skill, but Personally i can't see it any useful way other than in Arena or PvP matters.

I might be fine, at this point, to make a 5/5 Heal, 5/5 Weakness, 3/5 Prism, more than a 3/5 dog. And I guess I will correct it as soon as I have a bit of time there.

Staff is what you keep in your bag for when your healer dies, 

Allow me to say "I disagree" here, please. In the up mentioned case you took, at 80% of times, if the healer dies and you are wearing a shield and a mace, there is no way you can replace the dead healer, for 2 simple reasons:

1st, Charmer's heal is low already with a Staff... if we use a shield and cast the healing buff to the tank, we will see a tank healing more with Life Steal, unless your magic damage reaches a high enough ammount, but speaking about a 1h magic mace, I see it hard.

2nd, you spoke about a fighting situation, where the only way a Charmer can change items is if he is fighting vs a Boss without Mobs around it ( Using stone curse, I don't know if they resist it though ) or if he can quickly cross and change the equip. Otherwise, if your main set up is with a mace, don't even think you can replace a healer. 

A magic mace simply allows you to use a shield, and, as a conseguence, to get defensive statistics a support doesn't need, unless he is tanking. ( this is why I'd recommend it in PvP more than PvE ) 

Why are these stats only for running and without a minimal support aim, according to you?:search:

The equip set up has been made to grant a reserve of Energy, thus allowing the charmer not to lack of it in extreme cases, since as a forsaken, he will keep spamming skills non stop. I know, i maybe exaggerated a bit with it, I could have chosen to put a Critical Hit around, for the heal, but still this is a Support Class. Accuracy? Well everybody knows Bosses and Mobs have got a quite annoying-high ammount of dodge, and what's the point of Having a lot of damage if the boss will mostly dodge your attacks?

I hope you didn't take it in the bad way, i am just trying to give a help there, since as you may know, the class ain't easy to play. I am a player as well, so I will correct my mistakes if I will realize to have said a nonsence here :good:

Edited by Higgings

Hey again, not claiming to know all about charmer here but i've spent the better part of the last 22 days feeling out what this class can offer (Yep no lief, lose job, wanna fight?).

So..

At lv23 wearing staff my 5/5 doge hits about 70 and at 3/5 it will be less than this while you won't yet have 30 duration 30 recast. Wearing magic mace I could see feasible thanks to secondary physical attack, this means your doge will still hit 'decent' while allowing you to heal for an acceptable (..for charmer) amount. Wearing staff with 3/5 doge.. is a walking insect swarm..at best.

I'd say points in oppression for stun duration before advocating for its damage. Pve is not only bosses, it's questing, it's dungeons, running lab.. stun gives control and reduces the damage inflicted on you and your companions.. playing as charmer support role i'd see this as a priority over a weak summon.

I think you know what i'm saying about replacing a dead healer, of course it's impractical.. but so is restricting yourself to a weap/skill build that might serve as acceptable in a handful of situations while limiting yourself everywhere else. In other words.. no one will care that you can heal like a lv14 sham if that's all you bring to the table. 

If you dig staff go for it, but understand charmer has a lot of strong points and warrior heal is certainly not high on that list. any charmer without a thought to carry mace/shield in their bag for all situation should reconsider pong.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 7:29 AM, Eldhrimnir said:

So here you go, some from just earlier. I apologize as the play is a bit sloppy and I got careless near the end of one of the matches vs the 28.

But that's basically the whole of it.. make good use of stone and just pres buttunz.

20170621_103245.mp4

20170621_104923.mp4

20170621_105156.mp4

Edit: and im nub to not know how to embed.

Wow no way...

On 23.06.2017 at 5:15 AM, Staks said:

So, im a mixed tank charmer, i use otherwordly blessing 3/4 and i get 16%block using shield, and armor. Also it adds Hp that works as a insta heal , could be compare with necro, but for me adds 550hp that saves my life farming

I hope next exp skills develop the healer side of this class

Screenshot_2017-06-22-21-18-11-1.png

Please someone tell me how much block and hp parameters does it gives in each level :crying1:

5 hours ago, Speedom said:

Dang so charmer can get more block than any other tank. Who's gonna be the sucker to replace magic stats with block stats.:eating-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

All tanks can reach 25% maximum.

Better said: Dang so charmer can get higher block than other tanks even with less block gears. Basically can reach 25% block or so even if using magic rings.

22 часа назад, Gladiator сказал:

All tanks can reach 25% maximum.

Better said: Dang so charmer can get higher block than other tanks even with less block gears. Basically can reach 25% block or so even if using magic rings.

Wtf? They dont fix it yet??

Devs said that max block is 30% now.

I dont whant m att, i whant 30% block!!!

2017_06_14_09.39.57.png

Edited by Zeloter

4 hours ago, Zeloter said:

Wtf? They dont fix it yet??

Devs said that max block is 30% now.

I dont whant m att, i whant 30% block!!!

2017_06_14_09.39.57.png

Sorry, I don't speak spanish.

I'm pretty sure it is 25%, tested some hours ago.

Topic updated once again! Since many of you seem to like maces, ( and i won't lie, I am starting as well ), here we go with my ideas about 1h mace users. Also, builds have been updated, feel free to check! :pin3:

Let me know your ideas and comment here if you have some better ideas! 

NOTE: although I checked a lot of times the codes of the Calculator, If you realize that something is wrong there, let me know asap! Thank you for your understanding :good: )

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

Topic updated once again! Since many of you seem to like maces, ( and i won't lie, I am starting as well ), here we go with my ideas about 1h mace users. Also, builds have been updated, feel free to check! :pin3:

Let me know your ideas and comment here if you have some better ideas! 

NOTE: although I checked a lot of times the codes of the Calculator, If you realize that something is wrong there, let me know asap! Thank you for your understanding :good: )

This is a quick question.

Which is better for charmers when using 1h mace and shield is it the 1h magical mace or the normal 1h mace?

3 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

This is a quick question.

Which is better for charmers when using 1h mace and shield is it the 1h magical mace or the normal 1h mace?

Both maces might work fine, but if i had to choose, I'd say a normal mace, but only if it has got also magic damage as statistic. In this way, you will deal a decent ammount of physical damage, as well as a decent ammount of magic damage when you use skills. 

Crafted maces so might be the best option for now. 

12 hours ago, Higgings said:

Both maces might work fine, but if i had to choose, I'd say a normal mace, but only if it has got also magic damage as statistic. In this way, you will deal a decent ammount of physical damage, as well as a decent ammount of magic damage when you use skills. 

Crafted maces so might be the best option for now. 

Sounds good thank you.

Yeah, I'd go phys mace all the way.. being able to 'amp' your doge is big help on damage. tho I bet there could be some effective magic mace/call solo builds if high numbers..