Alchemy system

wyrm

Hello everyone. The title is self explanatory i guess. A alchemy system, completely separated from the crafting one but yet similar, would be a extremely cool addition. 

But to not be so similar,  it would be focused arround getting and refining resources. You would get resources arround the world and would craft and refine them. The resource getting is supposed to to easy, there's SO MUCH already existing items to be used.

The great thing would be alchemy licenses, which you would use to refine those resources. Lets say you get some fury horns from those demons near nadir, you would use a license + 10 horns to make something like one "refined horn powder". Those refined ingredients you would use to make potions and elixirs, or even sell them. Yeah you would need 10 horns and 1 license to make one refined, this ratio should change from item to item.

This "get and refine" system would allow players to trade rare craft itens like this breath of ravva without messing with the quest(refined ravva breath = you can sell and craft with it, but not complete the quest). Breath of ravva is supposed to be a powerfull  ingredient in alchemy, aswell with many others norlant itens. 

We alse would have a similar leveling and unique random potions like the normal crafting.  We would have rare essences and ingredients from bosses aswell.

With this system, we could make lots of new potions with a wide of effects from health potions to improves arena and xp pots. Those unique rare potions NEED to be useful to attract players, like 180% or 200% arena points. Improved arena and guild pots would attract pro players and arena spammers from miles. And "not-so-good" pots, health, mana, buffs and others effects would serve to normal players aswell. 

So what do you guys think? There's some potion or elixir you think should come in with the system?  I wish we had a Mida's Elixir that would give players extra gold from quest and monsters, like 50% more or something. Please comment you opnions and ideas for elixirs and potions.

But the already existing mcoin pots would lose meaning. 

I do like the idea, but it wouldn't work out. People would fight over items. Because any item that drops eversince the gold update, is a quest item.

There's no more stuff just for selling. 

4 hours ago, Raezer said:

I do like the idea, but it wouldn't work out. People would fight over items. Because any item that drops eversince the gold update, is a quest item.

There's lots There's lots and lots, tons, of trash itens that could be used to be refined. Those with "Merchants would be happy to buy this". And of course mcoins pots would not lose so much meaning, its way easier to buy then, instead of waiting the craft to show up or paying coin, and after spending essences and things like that to craft it. 

And about players fighting over items, some SHOULD be rare indeed and they need to fight for it. And there's plenty of "dusts", for instance, that could be used to craft the same kind of refined material, so there's is enough farming mobs for all

Not bad, but.. With current craft system i got lack of bag spaces alrdy xd 

I wonder when they will add more bag spaces.

P.S. I do use storage chars as well, but for me it is not efficient. How do u think?

[2014.04.22] In development: creating items - Craft 

Eight professions are available (it depends on which type of item you want to craft):

• Magic weapon (staffs)
  • Melee weapon (sword, axe, mace etc.)
  • Ranged weapon (bow, crossbow)
  • Cloth armor
  • Light armor
  • Heavy armor
  • Accessories (cape, amulet)
  • Alchemy (Potions, food, spheres etc)

Or the lead game designer gave up on that, or there must be something in the not distant future.:)

On 16/06/2017 at 5:48 AM, Aкasha said:

[2014.04.22] In development: creating items - Craft 

Eight professions are available (it depends on which type of item you want to craft):

• Magic weapon (staffs)
  • Melee weapon (sword, axe, mace etc.)
  • Ranged weapon (bow, crossbow)
  • Cloth armor
  • Light armor
  • Heavy armor
  • Accessories (cape, amulet)
  • Alchemy (Potions, food, spheres etc)

Or the lead game designer gave up on that, or there must be something in the not distant future.:)

oohhooo, I did not know about this. Damn now my idea is not original :^( But well i hope they do it soon

On 8 June 2017 at 8:03 PM, Raezer said:

You could have it so that to make better potions you add ingredients to the current ones. Therefore, you first have to use mcoins and then rare items.

Also, you could have it use different branches of alchemy like botany, tribal, etc (distinction between plant and animal ingredients)

It could add to the storyline where you make potions using animal skulls (like the daily quest giver does)

I like the idea of putting use to stuff such as jimson weed, etc which is otherwise a nuisance. Great idea.

On 23/06/2017 at 6:30 PM, hello1010 said:

You could have it so that to make better potions you add ingredients to the current ones. Therefore, you first have to use mcoins and then rare items.

Also, you could have it use different branches of alchemy like botany, tribal, etc (distinction between plant and animal ingredients)

It could add to the storyline where you make potions using animal skulls (like the daily quest giver does)

I like the idea of putting use to stuff such as jimson weed, etc which is otherwise a nuisance. Great idea.

Yeah, bloody hell thats a very cool ideia. Imagine being to combine potions and with the required skill level you could do unitypot+guildpot elixir combo, we could mess around with lots of effects.

And it would be nice to name our own custom potions before selling them.

15 hours ago, wyrm said:

Yeah, bloody hell thats a very cool ideia. Imagine being to combine potions and with the required skill level you could do unitypot+guildpot elixir combo, we could mess around with lots of effects.

And it would be nice to name our own custom potions before selling them.

hell yeah, agree with that 100%,  

P.S. just want 500 posts so i can change my bloody name :(