wyrm

With the news skills we got lots of ways to combo our abilities and got plenty of new gameplay patterns, but as I play the game (specially in arena, even I dont being a arena active player) the more I see this problem. You get locked down by a barb or a warlock, you will probably going to die without having much to do. Locks and barbs are the most common ones but we with new stun runes and items, majority of the classes can do it aswell. And thats bad, its very frustrating to simply die without doing nothing.

Although I hate those things, its not fair to deny a well timed combo, so my solution is the following: a new implicit stat that would reduce stun time by a %. BUT it's not intended t be obtained by itens, but only by being stuned. 

You would start with always 0, when you get stuned, you got 6% stun reduction,  then if you get stuned again, 12%, then 24%, then, at last, 64%. Capped at 64%. Once applied,  the stun reduction would decay, like ranger's bitterness when not attacking, but way faster. 

This would not mess up with the combos so much, a well timed combo would still be effective,  but would stop players from abusing it at "bad levels". I dont think silences should count for the reduction here, only real stuns and roots, maybe slows.

This is the main idea, others things like some negative debuff for the stun reduction like take extra damage or loss of accuracy, so the stuns users would not get so punished. Another thing to think about is even make it a real stat with own runes or inbuilt with resilience/ferocity. Well, that's it, please let your opinions

2 hours ago, wyrm said:

With the news skills we got lots of ways to combo our abilities and got plenty of new gameplay patterns, but as I play the game (specially in arena, even I dont being a arena active player) the more I see this problem. You get locked down by a barb or a warlock, you will probably going to die without having much to do. Locks and barbs are the most common ones but we with new stun runes and items, majority of the classes can do it aswell. And thats bad, its very frustrating to simply die without doing nothing.

Although I hate those things, its not fair to deny a well timed combo, so my solution is the following: a new implicit stat that would reduce stun time by a %. BUT it's not intended t be obtained by itens, but only by being stuned. 

You would start with always 0, when you get stuned, you got 6% stun reduction,  then if you get stuned again, 12%, then 24%, then, at last, 64%. Capped at 64%. Once applied,  the stun reduction would decay, like ranger's bitterness when not attacking, but way faster. 

This would not mess up with the combos so much, a well timed combo would still be effective,  but would stop players from abusing it at "bad levels". I dont think silences should count for the reduction here, only real stuns and roots, maybe slows.

This is the main idea, others things like some negative debuff for the stun reduction like take extra damage or loss of accuracy, so the stuns users would not get so punished. Another thing to think about is even make it a real stat with own runes or inbuilt with resilience/ferocity. Well, that's it, please let your opinions

Good idea i like it.

More stats in the game? Hell no, already got enough of skills, stats, chars, costumes, skins, pots/scrolls, relics and buffs in this game. More you add into this game, more you kill this game.

4 hours ago, Lazylion said:

More stats in the game? Hell no, already got enough of skills, stats, chars, costumes, skins, pots/scrolls, relics and buffs in this game. More you add into this game, more you kill this game.

This is supposed to be a implicit stat, MAYBE a icon showing the current stat of your char like in ranger's bitterness. Its not something you would watch for, de decay rate would not allow you to purposefully take a smaller stun and then rush in lock circle, for instance, its just to break stun loops. I dont really think we should put more stats from runes or such things without changing the game system a bit, and I dont think its the time. But I thought would be important to at least bring it to the table.

No. I want to keep my broken stuns. Lock main btw :crazy:

16 hours ago, wyrm said:

sounds good really. It wont ruin the stunts combo while still allowing the other player to do "something" perhaps use his combo and thats what should happen, both get to use skill not just one hitting a dummy

2 hours ago, Raislin said:

No. I want to keep my broken stuns. Lock main btw :crazy:

(hear rape incoming) REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by wyrm
just giving a lil warn about the video

54 minutes ago, UK said:

sounds good really. It wont ruin the stunts combo while still allowing the other player to do "something" perhaps use his combo and thats what should happen, both get to use skill not just one hitting a dummy

thats my point, i dont want to ruin combos, just to make it more fair