Ranger Changes - And yet another "GM MY CLASS IS BAD BUFF PLZ" topic

wyrm

Hello everyone, i'm here today to talk about ranger and what I think to make the class healthy again. 

I wouldn't really make this topic, but then hunter was announced and oh well, here I am.

My biggest issue with hunter is: It is very similar to ranger, but yet feels more right than ranger. Ranger dont fulfil the ranger fantasy right. The new seeker even being a stealth class have nothing to do with rogue. Even druid and shaman who, in paper, have a very similar way of be, in game feels completely apart from each other.

(Actually I dont expect none of this to be done but well this section is a section for dreamers right? Lets go then).

Ranger right now suffers alot from the fact that they cant get in range without get rushed or something like this. There's  "Range"  in their damn names. My suggestion here is simple, increase ranger's autoatk and skillsrange. Passively, or actively. 

Passively, it could be a passive ultimate skill or even straight up increase it. 

Actively, we could change ranger's blessing, instead of it would increase ranger's atk range, and would give him another kind of attack bonus, a good idea is to make them deal extra damage based on the distance (The more far away more the damage) and be penalized if he stays too close.

With it, we should make changes in scatter shot and traps. First scatter shot, it need to be a little bit more effective, but have longe cooldown, a cool addition is to make it gives a movement speed debuff with it normal effect. And about traps, it need to have a charges system, the skill cooldown would be really fast, but the charges not, you would place like 2 of them, and them the skill would enter in a big cooldown. And other important thing is to make enemies NOT be affected be a second trap, to avoid stupid stun chains. For instance,  you get bite by a trap, get locked, steps in another, you will only receive a "tick" (like when u take damage) and disarm the trap. 

Its a way to incentive the ranger to stay safe and away from danger, and make his play style arround it, stay away, stay safe, if you get closer you die. He would plan his combat, place traps and stay there, scatter shot will be a last solution after the enemy have reached him.

There's lots of things I could say about ranger and what I think would fix it, but for me the range issue is the biggest problem. Thanks for reading and please let your opinions. 

Hell yes :) passive increased range. Thank you.

And whats up with melee stuns on ranger anyway like.. what?

Also there a problem with expert skills as the usual combo was fire arrow, powershot, rain. The ranges of the skills are different with fire arrow and an auto attack having different ranges, and for rain ti active you must walk 2 yards to use it, the range is so small, that any class can close the gap easily in no time at all.

So i agree, passive range and some form of attack bonus or penetration.. 

P.S. Range will make bitterness and point shooting more viable in many ways.

8 hours ago, James Woodward said:

Hell yes :) passive increased range. Thank you.

And whats up with melee stuns on ranger anyway like.. what?

Also there a problem with expert skills as the usual combo was fire arrow, powershot, rain. The ranges of the skills are different with fire arrow and an auto attack having different ranges, and for rain ti active you must walk 2 yards to use it, the range is so small, that any class can close the gap easily in no time at all.

So i agree, passive range and some form of attack bonus or penetration.. 

P.S. Range will make bitterness and point shooting more viable in many ways.

I just realize I think I posted it on the wrong section, anyway, my objective is straight up turn ranger in "planning marksman", hunter fits way better in a "heat of moment" play style, so scrap it from ranger and focus on its "sniper" playstyle.

Here's developers process I think only scatter shot should be used at 5 yards and trap success rate increased. 

They already buffed ranger by making it so you can't use movement skills in trap.

blessing Is for superior to combat stance in burst Dmg wise and no 4% Dmg buff. I understand where your coming from but I think scattershot and expert Melee stun should become long range ... anything past that is way to over powered.