Does a costume's name color actually mean something?

Kaleidoscope

Question

Right now I'm seeing it as completely random. There seems to be no system for it, so do you devs just color them how you like it or is there an actual meaning for them? 

As an example; The ceremonial camisole and the spring prince costumes share the exact same concept, they were given away for completing a quest chain and didn't return after that. But the prince one has a grey name, and the ceremonial suit has a purple (unique) one. There are a lot more examples but I'm lazy to type them.

Then there are colors that were never used, blue and red.

Edited by Raezer

11 answers to this question

The distinction between common and unique costumes does seem pretty random. One theory I have is that unless a costume is specifically set to be of the rarest rarity, it is defaulted to grey.

22 minutes ago, TheCabbage said:

The distinction between common and unique costumes does seem pretty random. One theory I have is that unless a costume is specifically set to be of the rarest rarity, it is defaulted to grey.

Yeah, but then again we have the Conspirator costume which should be of the same rarity as the other costumes, and still it is purple. :/

Its just whatever I dont see a meaning in them but I really feel they should prompt if you sell you costume by mistake to vendor.. I'VE LOST COSTUMES ! 

10 hours ago, UK said:

Its just whatever I dont see a meaning in them but I really feel they should prompt if you sell you costume by mistake to vendor.. I'VE LOST COSTUMES ! 

think further.. would be much more interesting an option to block/bind items in bag to personal/permanent status, so they couldn't be sold (or even deleted). Being so, we wouldn't have problems with items sold by mistake (or for those who share accounts.. the risk of being stolen). Not sure about the permanent thing, but at least the *block/unblock items* option would work better than a prompt. hm?

37 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

think further.. would be much more interesting an option to block/bind items in bag to personal/permanent status, so they couldn't be sold (or even deleted). Being so, we wouldn't have problems with items sold by mistake (or for those who share accounts.. the risk of being stolen). Not sure about the permanent thing, but at least the *block/unblock items* option would work better than a prompt. hm?

Yea most mmo's have a "lock" icon on the items that you dont want to sell. when an item is "locked" it wont appear on the list of items that can be sold to vendor and they can just be unlocked by taping the lock button again....

I guess it was eternal saga where you can lock items and unlocking them required a secondary password

Edited by UK

Yea, the colors kinda confuse me too ._. 

But as i see, yellow-colored are usually from mshop, white-colored are old rare costumes, purple-colored are bosses' costumes and cc costumes, then green-colored from xmas event, and grey-colored from halloween event. :drinks:

9 minutes ago, Lady Livi said:

Yea, the colors kinda confuse me too ._. 

But as i see, yellow-colored are usually from mshop, white-colored are old rare costumes, purple-colored are bosses' costumes and cc costumes, then green-colored from xmas event, and grey-colored from halloween event. :drinks:

Agree with mcoin shop ones, and there are only grey ones, not white :biggrin: purple ones are chest/boss drops, but there is 1 kind of cc suit that is purple. Other are grey, so yea. Also the ceremony suit is purple

Hmm so, greys are classified old costumes either it is from bosses (pumpkinhead, beholder) or mshop(troll) or event chests (vampire/vampiress, sorceress, nurses, etc) or cc costumes

and purples are classified as newer costumes (bosses' drops and event chests, etc)

also, greens are classified as special-made for xmas events like reindeer, holiday's girl/boy, and snow elf

Like that?

Ceremonial camisole or however it was pronounced is older than spring prince. Yet ceremonial is purple and spring is grey

On 24/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, UK said:

they can just be unlocked by taping the lock button again....

And where would the Unlock button be located, exactly? In the account itself? It won't take much for the scammer to tap it again and sell them all. Perhaps an idea might be paying coins to unlock/lock an item.

But it could be totally avoided if everyone followed the rules and didn't share/trade/sell the account at first. :pardon:

29 minutes ago, Higgings said:

And where would the Unlock button be located, exactly? In the account itself? It won't take much for the scammer to tap it again and sell them all. Perhaps an idea might be paying coins to unlock/lock an item.

But it could be totally avoided if everyone followed the rules and didn't share/trade/sell the account at first. :pardon:

Indeed!