Just coming back to game

Hi everyone

I'm just coming back to war spear after like 4 years.. I've got a level 18 DK with +7 glaive of sudden doom and +6 HE set for lvl 18. Is this equip still okay? Or should I just start a new character? 

2 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Welcome back, and for gold do quests. Dunno about farming, kinda pointless since the last update, and getting a full party for that is too much trouble for me.

Well I'm just wondering how I can progress mainly.. I don't remember enough to play my lvl 18 dk so I think I need to remake a character but I wanted to farm out some money to buy equip for it first lol

9 minutes ago, Raezer said:

People say it's good if you farm gold in a 5/5 party, I once was in a full one and gold didn't drop too well.

I guess I'll just find something to grind for money lol

keep ur dk it is op in pve and will help u get money. starting back lvl1 is long except if u pay: u need high lvl characters to make gold.

to make money u can do quests, but if u don't wanna lvl up and are quite good equipped go dg or kill bosses (for lvl 18 irselnort or astral), but except if u can solo astral bosses and spam hard/heroic dgs the faster way to get money is to lvl up to 28 bcs it's way easier to make gold with quests, but quests gives xp too...

It's ur choice, depending on what ur expectations are: if u are lazy to lvl up, if u find it boring to farm bosses, if u prefer have a low lvl but good char...

And yes since update farming mobs is pretty much useless...

Anyway welcome back and good luck!

Keep ur dk it's very good class now, and ur HE set is excellent if u can get secret reserves book. Sudden doom still best weaps for lvl 18.

Of course if u want lvl up 28 u'll need new gears, but what u got is good enough to serve as secondary weaps from time to time even at high lvl.

2 hours ago, Pecleb said:

keep ur dk it is op in pve and will help u get money. starting back lvl1 is long except if u pay: u need high lvl characters to make gold.

to make money u can do quests, but if u don't wanna lvl up and are quite good equipped go dg or kill bosses (for lvl 18 irselnort or astral), but except if u can solo astral bosses and spam hard/heroic dgs the faster way to get money is to lvl up to 28 bcs it's way easier to make gold with quests, but quests gives xp too...

It's ur choice, depending on what ur expectations are: if u are lazy to lvl up, if u find it boring to farm bosses, if u prefer have a low lvl but good char...

And yes since update farming mobs is pretty much useless...

Anyway welcome back and good luck!

I have +7 spear and +6 armor with +5 accessory is that enough to kill boss? 

2 hours ago, Pecleb said:

Keep ur dk it's very good class now, and ur HE set is excellent if u can get secret reserves book. Sudden doom still best weaps for lvl 18.

Of course if u want lvl up 28 u'll need new gears, but what u got is good enough to serve as secondary weaps from time to time even at high lvl.

What is secret reserves? 

Hum i think u should play a bit just to observe what have changed in game cuz that's going to be very long to explain u everything that changed since u left.

Secret reserves is an expert skill: a skill u can learn once u reached lvl 18. u have 1 expert slot at lvl 18, 2 at 20, 3 at 22 etc.

U need buy a book in dealer in town1 irselnort or nadir sard to learn skill (costs 40k gold).

Secret reserves buffs ur def and hp regeneration once u get below a critical lvl (90sec coooldown)

If u got full hp regen (using shield) with HE set at lvl 18 u get like 200hp regen (without guild buff i think), and that's 400 when reserves activated (in battle: 800 when not in battle?)

So u basically can regenerate like 2K hp i think (5*400 lvl 1/4? don't remember the number of ticks), more if crit.

Look in forum in section "class discussions" to learn more about skills.

57 minutes ago, Playge said:

I have +7 spear and +6 armor with +5 accessory is that enough to kill boss? 

With DK it's really enough to kill bosses in Irselnort.

If u wanna go farm lab that's harder, but usually better drops.

Since u drop astral till lvl 24, i suggest:

-u lvl up 24 and use secret reserves 1/4, saturation 4/4, hurricane 2/4, death call 1/4 (AoE dmg+ LS=hp xd)

-u uses shield to max def for dark shield, max hp rege and to use block

-u put some wampire runes on ur gears if rich, or dodge everywhere u don't need to sacrifice hp rege or block. If u can't reach enough dodge, go for parry on weapons, hp on rings.

-u begin by farming first boss and increases difficulty as u get money for amp. If u reach the step u can solo eye u that's quite worth it ;)

PS: im talking about farming astral bcs DK is basically THE class to farm astral lab, healers, mages or other tanks will struggle to do so. Don't even think about it with range, rogue or lock.