Old player comming back, is it worth it?

viliusjas

Hey, so basically I used to play warspear when max level was 20 and I was 20 with my rogue with pretty sick equips for that time. Then I got scammed and support said we cant help you, its your own fault. I quit the game cause I had no motivation. Now I want a new mmorpg to return to but this is the only good one i really know and enjoy. My question is, is it worth starting to play now? Can I possibly catch up to old players and achieve something without spending thousands of dollars? Second question is if I do return should I choose EU or US server? Im from EU, but which one is more friendly/active? Third question is if I do return what class do I choose? What's best now for PVP or PVE? Last question is, is it really that p2w now? Is it possible to match the strong players without spending any money? Ty in advance!

Hi! I have been playing since 2011, with a-year retired on 2014.

About worth or not, hmm, probably you should give a try to this game again, come to the game and check by yourself.

But this game grows strongly on its pay-to-win mode, for me personally, you can spend some of your dollars for more fun to be enjoyed, and of course, you can achieve things without spending thousands of dollars ^^ 

Servers mm, it is up to your preference, b'coz you can meet both rude and friendly players on every server.

For classes : 

DK/Wlock/Druid for full of stuns

Pala/Shaman/Necro/BD are also good on pvp, altho BD is more like a toy for those casters.

Priest/Mage, is my preference for pve

'Bout the other classes i dont mention, i can't precisely say but many conditions to make them superior than the other classes. 

Yes, as i said in the beginning, this game's rhythm is pay to win. To win everything, you need to spend the exact much money, in my opinion. (: 

P.S. Feel free to ask!

Hey and welcome back :P 

Yes, I definitely think it's possible to catch up to the higher levels if you've got some patience and stamina. 

The game is only p2w if you see it that way. However, there are a lot of people just playing for fun without spending money and some manage to get high amps that way. 

I don't know if US is better than EU, earlier I would have said yes because there was a lot of guild drama on EU but at the moment there is a lot of guild drama because of arena ranks :D On US-Sap there are also a lot of Indos and Pinoys playing which can be annoying sometimes. Well I only play on US so I can only tell you things about that server .-.

As best classes I would consider Mages and Dks right now. They rock pvp and pve 

Legit @Lady Livi :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Lady Livi said:

Hi! I have been playing since 2011, with a-year retired on 2014.

About worth or not, hmm, probably you should give a try to this game again, come to the game and check by yourself.

But this game grows strongly on its pay-to-win mode, for me personally, you can spend some of your dollars for more fun to be enjoyed, and of course, you can achieve things without spending thousands of dollars ^^ 

Servers mm, it is up to your preference, b'coz you can meet both rude and friendly players on every server.

For classes : 

DK/Wlock/Druid for full of stuns

Pala/Shaman/Necro/BD are also good on pvp, altho BD is more like a toy for those casters.

Priest/Mage, is my preference for pve

'Bout the other classes i dont mention, i can't precisely say but many conditions to make them superior than the other classes. 

Yes, as i said in the beginning, this game's rhythm is pay to win. To win everything, you need to spend the exact much money, in my opinion. (: 

P.S. Feel free to ask!

6 minutes ago, Julie said:

Hey and welcome back :P 

Yes, I definitely think it's possible to catch up to the higher levels if you've got some patience and stamina. 

The game is only p2w if you see it that way. However, there are a lot of people just playing for fun without spending money and some manage to get high amps that way. 

I don't know if US is better than EU, earlier I would have said yes because there was a lot of guild drama on EU but at the moment there is a lot of guild drama because of arena ranks :D On US-Sap there are also a lot of Indos and Pinoys playing which can be annoying sometimes. Well I only play on US so I can only tell you things about that server .-.

As best classes I would consider Mages and Dks right now. They rock pvp and pve 

Hey thank you for the answers. And what about class demand? Which classes are the most needed atm?

So if start again you would recommend DK? (I really used to hate mages). And about the servers, is there a huge feelable ping difference between EU and US if im from EU? ^^

One last thing, could you link me to any good general/DK guides? Thank you a lot! :)

P.S. Is there a way to recover my old account by any chance with the scammed rogue? I suppose not but just in case? ^^

Edited by viliusjas

No idea about the mc side, but on Eu the elf side is quite filled with attention seekers and stupid people, seriously. I decided to turn off my world chat channel.

And yes the game is p2w but playable if you're in just for the fun.

I heard all servers are from one same place, so it won't affect your ping.

EU and US only differences are schedule for war/event, if you from EU better pick EU server because US event time usually during your work/school time. :pardon:

I would pick pala or dk if I was you. Maybe dk since mc side is generally more friendly on eu imo. I havent spent a coin in this game and I can still manage with the fully amped players in pvp. Takes some time tho to get good if you decide to go for the f2p route.

12 hours ago, Zurp said:

I would pick pala or dk if I was you. Maybe dk since mc side is generally more friendly on eu imo. I havent spent a coin in this game and I can still manage with the fully amped players in pvp. Takes some time tho to get good if you decide to go for the f2p route.

@viliusjas

If he will go f2p all the way, he should start out with a healer so he can start hunt. Would be way to hard for him to come anywhere without help or gold on a pala, bd, rogue, barb and mage. I would be suprised if he even would be helped at first island to start with. Best is to ask on forum from members who play that server. 

Edited by Lazylion

healers are the easiest to lvl up if u want f2p. I lvl up my druid to get gold for my other classes.

But in my opinion u can manage to up other classes quite far, if u have time. Only mages and lock are very hard at the beginning.

1 hour ago, Pecleb said:

healers are the easiest to lvl up if u want f2p. I lvl up my druid to get gold for my other classes.

But in my opinion u can manage to up other classes quite far, if u have time. Only mages and lock are very hard at the beginning.

To be honest, it's not the leveling that is f2p/p2p. Those factors are noticable only when you start things like pvp, or dungeons.

14 hours ago, Raezer said:

To be honest, it's not the leveling that is f2p/p2p. Those factors are noticable only when you start things like pvp, or dungeons.

yes just wanted to say u need get money fast some way if f2p, so need one high char to get money.