Druid for dungeons

Hi everybody! 

I need some advice about my druid lvl 20 because I'm using it expecially for to do dungeons (I dont want to lvl up it!). 

My first expert skill is Link and it has 3/4 (max for that lvl) but I don't know what I might buy as my second skill. 

Some my friends adviced me the barrier skill but I'd like to know other opinions too. 

Then, Is vampire stat worthless for druids? 

Mine has an horror cloak lvl 18 with mana regen. 

Thank you in advance :good:

Horor cloaks and rings etc are ok but I wouldn't bother to buy ls runes for healing classes bc they are pricy and dont have a big use for them. I had a different opinion but that's how i see it now.

Barier or the AoE stun, useful for holding back waves of mobs. Song is good too but it has only a chance to work, so depending on your decision:

Barier/AoE roots.

well life steal is not bad for druid, for no class it is, but it really isn't necessary.

enchant cloak with solidity and amu+ring with health will help u be stronger with link and have more time to react if u take agro. And of course u will spare lots of gold.

As for skills i would suggest roots or waterball. if u go dg roots are good bcs AoE dmg and slow mobs. Waterball deals more dmg but focus one target with few AoE dmg. The fact it reloads almost two times faster makes it quite nice.

barrier is good: 500dmg blocked and healed.

But i somehow don't like it this much bcs of the 40sec reload and bcs if u need to react and u have already link 3/4 both skills will have same efficiency, but link reloads way faster and the two sec delay between expert use is annoying.

Stream could be good to. I don't really know how strong it is, but the fast CD, the fact it heals up a (very little) bit of mana, and the fact u just need to click it make me like this skill.

So go for dmg skill if u think ur heal is ok, barrier or stream if u wanna focus heal.

Skills i think u shouldn't take:

-song: at 1/4 30% chance activate and low duration, u really can't rely on it

-tornado: low dmg, roots are way better for AoE control or dmg, and waterball is better for focused AoE (and stun if use lightning)

no need song and barrier for level 20 because most of lv 20 dungeon are easy, pala and mage will do their job as AoE stun

I prefer Power of Water, it's damage almost same with Lightning Bolt

your damage even can surpass paladin and mediocre BD

Try get max hp for better link. So dont bother wasting gold to ls runes since hp runes are better.

7 hours ago, Jzargo said:

I prefer Power of Water, it's damage almost same with Lightning Bolt

It is the same if they are the same lvl.

Ok, I'll put hp runes on my amulet and on my rings.
Is it better if I'll put also on my belt or I should put Solidity?
About basic skill, which relics I have to put on them?

As a druid you really don't need any life steal at all. On my druid I maximized my hp because it is very important for the use of the secret link and if you got a decent hp of 4k hp+ you don't even necessarily need link at 3/4, 2/4 would do well too. Speaking for myself, I love Forest Song for dgs because there are always mobs which don't have to be killed and to stun them for some time so your party can move on safely is always great. Of course there  is a chance that the skill will fail depending on the skill level. 

Waterball or Invigorating Stream are also an option to choose but I wouldn't go for the barrier because its cooldown is extremely long and not very useful.

Put solidity rune on your belt

33 minutes ago, Julie said:

As a druid you really don't need any life steal at all. On my druid I maximized my hp because it is very important for the use of the secret link and if you got a decent hp of 4k hp+ you don't even necessarily need link at 3/4, 2/4 would do well too.

I can reach around 3.5k hp for a lvl 20 druid. 

Have I to keep my link 3/4 then?

22 minutes ago, Liidert said:

I can reach around 3.5k hp for a lvl 20 druid. 

Have I to keep my link 3/4 then?

Are you using craft rings with hp?

2 hours ago, Julie said:

Are you using craft rings with hp?

I'd like to buy a pair of Skyfire Rings with magic dmg, hp and accuracy. 

For basic skills, which relics I should buy?

3 hours ago, Liidert said:

Yea you should get them urgently :P 

I don't know about relics since I'm not a relic user but for dgs I got the relic of salutary healing on healing due. But that's all :D

5 hours ago, Liidert said:

Skyfire rings are very good for druid. get them if u can, enchant with hp, buy waterball or roots and keep 3/4 link u'll be excellent :D

(@julie i think better have 3/4 link, i find 2/4 still quite slow, and i don't think any other skill would be worth putting the remaining point at lvl 20)

i don't think there are really good relics for druid.

-im not fond of salutary healing. well it is one of the best relic but it is 10 or 20% chance and is usefull only if ur tank is bad :/

-dmg relics like penetration are not necessary, druid isn't good at dmg. poison perhaps if u want

-perhaps physical defense relic on barkskin can have some utility, but once again it is 10% chance relic and since barskin CD is long it won't help much.

the only relics i think are usefull for druid are magic might or unprecedented health on healing dew, and life weakness on lighting is good against bosses and for pvp (but this was event relic)

anyway concentrate on equip first, druid really isn't a relic class in my opinion.

@Liidert

You want to reach as high hp as possible for link to work well (http://www.ws-db.ru) might help you find the right gear.  5/5 heal and barkskin, either 3/5 root or bees   then with experts it`s 3/4 link. 

The relics, you said you were using the druid mostly for pve stuff. I would try with getting Relic of unprecedented health and Great relic of refreshment, two main relics i always use on my healers. Great relic of curse removal is awesome to get those negative effects gone at tough bosses. After that you can go for relics that increase your def/mdef/mdmg if you think abt tanking, otherwise you buy the ones who decrease the targets def/mdef/dmg or just mix them together.

Hope i was helpfull:good:

Maybe my last question. 

I bought two cooldown crystals for my helm and boots and I think to buy mana regen crystals for my rings and belt. 

Do I Have to buy a staff with that stat? 

Edited by Liidert

in my opinion getting a staff with CD is not necessary. It's mainly useful for priest to spam heal or for arena players. It will only help u with link.

Ur staff should have critical and accuracy (especially of u enchant hood with CD), and penetration or CD after that doesn't really matter both are good

@Pecleb Invigorating stream is very useful at 3/4 4/4. Low cooldown and a decent amount of heal. If u have a lot of hp link 2/4 is good enough. Trust me :P I'm playing druid since 4 years and had link at 2/4 and 3/4 and came to that conclusion xd

1 hour ago, Julie said:

@Pecleb Invigorating stream is very useful at 3/4 4/4. Low cooldown and a decent amount of heal. If u have a lot of hp link 2/4 is good enough. Trust me :P I'm playing druid since 4 years and had link at 2/4 and 3/4 and came to that conclusion xd

thx for the info:good:

Im quite interested by stream, most people i talked with seamed to enjoy it. But atm have link, song and barrier i need roots and waterball first:/ my build bad i hate barrier and since i got 4/4 song neither link nor barrier are useful :/

I wanted have 3/4 stream, song and link at lvl 28, but if ur right i'll try 4/4 song 3/4 stream and 2/4 link. I wanna song maxed i really hate when it fails. and the duration difference between 3 and 4/4 is quite high if i remember well.

PS: also consider i'll never be rich enough to buy 15% hp items. 2/4 link still good?

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Jzargo said:

amp to +10

Serious? :mellow: 

I hope to reach +8 at least (it needs a plenty of luck).

However how is Tornado skill? 

It has more less cooldown than roots.

Tornado isnt that good. Does decent dmg but most mobs seem to evade it. Root is better.

Amp your staff to +7/8 and gear to +4/5. Will be good enough

2 hours ago, Zurp said:

Tornado isnt that good. Does decent dmg but most mobs seem to evade it. Root is better.

Amp your staff to +7/8 and gear to +4/5. Will be good enough

Yeah, someone told me that now it was nerfed. 

I think I'll buy root nonetheless the cooldown, but how many seconds it can block them? 

About my equips, the day after yesterday I amplificated my cc hood and armor, gt gloves and boots and my ring using one set of signs on each of them. 

Now they are respectively +5 +6 +6 +5 +5 +5. 

About my staff my guild leader and his brother gave me one +5 lvl 18 as X-mas present :) 

I still have to buy a decent belt with hp, a new amulet lvl 20 (It has a lvl 18 with hp, mana and magic dmg currently) and another ring. 

Then buy the crystals and the runes. 

Should I amp my equips more or it is already OP for his lvl (20)?

Yeah they are good now. Druid doesnt usually take that much dmg in dungeons anyways. But if you are going to dgs like kronus it would be nice to have around 3k def so you dont die instantly, since tanks usually have no way to aggro all mobs there.

• 2 months later...

@Morgana @Pecleb @Zurp @Jzargo and other expert people

Following this topic, I need your advice again :ping4: 

My druid's energy is 229, energy regeneration is 45, hp 3.9k and cooldown 18.1%. 

During normal and hard tower dungeons my energy points has never reached the half of the bar and I'm thinking to replace the energy regen crystal of my ring to a cooldown one. 

In this case my regen would be 35 and cooldown 22% (with relic 42%). 

What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Liidert

from 45 to 35 regen have bigger impact,

while from 18.1% to 22% cooldown don't have big difference,

cooldown formula:    

x     

(100+x)

x: your % cooldown

the result is the real cooldown, so 18% cd actually is 15,3%  and 22% cd actually is 18% cooldown

15,3% and 18% cd only differs couple secs and even only differs 0,... secs for some skills

1 hour ago, Jzargo said:

from 45 to 35 regen have bigger impact,

while from 18.1% to 22% cooldown don't have big difference,

cooldown formula:    

x     

(100+x)

x: your % cooldown

the result is the real cooldown, so 18% cd actually is 15,3%  and 22% cd actually is 18% cooldown

15,3% and 18% cd only differs couple secs and even only differs 0,... secs for some skills

With 38.1% the lightning bolt cooldown doesn't give the same result of the formula. 

Can you try please?

1 hour ago, Zurp said:

Keep the energy regen. Keep in mind that the energy regen is half of that in combat. Cd doesnt have that big effect in pve anyways.

If I keep the cooldown relic on healing dew, is it ok?

I'll I can say that steam only heal the lowest hp. At 1/4 it heals almost the same as your magic dmg. Is it worth buying? Not really since it was nerf. However, the only use I can say its the "mana heal" to keep the quick kill going but only for the lowest hp warrior. In addition, it can help for harder dgs when one of you heavy hitter or any getting aoa dmg from strong boss and they don't have pots:help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:. You know the chances they'll have the lowest hp, BUT they have to be close to ya.

19 hours ago, Zurp said:

Yeah, doesnt really matter what relics you have. Just use what you like

Healing barrier' cooldown is 60sec. With 18.1% cd is 50.3 and with 38.1% cd 43sec. 

With my druid (lvl 20) I'm trying to reach pelion for to do quests like minis, kill mobs and take item quests. 

If I'm going to kill a mini in t3 of ayvo, should I buy that expert skill? 

With 1/4 how many seconds it will stay active for? 

2 hours ago, Speedom said:

I'll I can say that steam only heal the lowest hp. At 1/4 it heals almost the same as your magic dmg. Is it worth buying? Not really since it was nerf. However, the only use I can say its the "mana heal" to keep the quick kill going but only for the lowest hp warrior. In addition, it can help for harder dgs when one of you heavy hitter or any getting aoa dmg from strong boss and they don't have pots:help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:. You know the chances they'll have the lowest hp, BUT they have to be close to ya.

4/4 yes

40 minutes ago, Liidert said:

Healing barrier' cooldown is 60sec. With 18.1% cd is 50.3 and with 38.1% cd 43sec. 

With my druid (lvl 20) I'm trying to reach pelion for to do quests like minis, kill mobs and take item quests. 

If I'm going to kill a mini in t3 of ayvo, should I buy that expert skill? 

With 1/4 how many seconds it will stay active for? 

Its like 10s, heals 500 and blocks 500. It isnt that great at lvl1. I rarely need that skill for pve. Sometimes when solo healing.

44 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Its like 10s, heals 500 and blocks 500. It isnt that great at lvl1. I rarely need that skill for pve. Sometimes when solo healing.

10 seconds if i don't receive 500dmg from attacks? 

Wow, I thought more less... around 3-4 seconds :duckyduck: 

I think to be able to heal solo in a party now because I'm free to do my role and because I know that a party with full damage can clear more easily a dungeon with one stam. 

I studied all expert skills and your advice in this topic and now I think to have choosen which of them is really necessary for my druid. 

Power of Water is a good skill but I should be quick to use it with lightning bolt together and it doesn't make that really damage with 1/4. 

Roots is a good skill too but it blocks mobs for only a second and in a dungeon a tank can aggro the mobs with rush and paladins and mage can clearly block them. 

Tornado and invigorating stream are useless. 

Forest song with 1/4 don't give me the security to fall sleep mobs (I have 1/4 rush). 

What do you think?

Yeah, song is pretty much useless at 1. Power of water does the same dmg as lighting if both are lvl1. Root is good in some dgs where there are loads of mobs, it slows them down enough for tanks to run away from the mob group. I would get the healing barrier or root if i was you. But its your choice so pick the one you think is most useful for you.