Rank Points system -> Titles for Evryone <3

Mewingdrip

What I mean through this is reciveing a certain ammount of Rank Points after killing mobs. Once reached a specific ammount you'd get a Title.

Example:

Let's say you are lv20 and you have 0 Rank Points. Each time you kill a mob you recive between 3 and 10 Rank Points. At 500 points you recive Title "Friendly", at 1000 points "Gentleman", at 2000 points "Noble" and the last at 5000 point "Knight".

On the other hand, once this Rank Points system is being implemented, you will have the option to set your character on 3 different states: Peaceful, Enemy and Free.

The Peaceful state disables any opportunity to deal damage to anyone in your legion, as long as they are set on Peaceful too or Enemy, so you can attack Free players, like they can attack you.

The Free state will let you deal dmg to any other player in game, including players from your own aliance, but this will alter your Rank Points. If you set yourself Free and kill someone else from your aliance, you will lose Rank Points (faster than reciving them by killing mobs, like 20-50/kill). Once your Rank Points get below 0, no matter how much (even -1) your Title will change to "Aggressive". At -200 you'd get the "Bad" Title, at -700 points you'd get the title "Dishonorable" and at -1500 points you get the Title "Cruel". And this is where the Enemy state joins in:

The Enemy state will let you attack any player whos' rank is below 0 incresing your Rank Points faster than killing mobs (20-50/kill), but while you being able to attack and kill him, he won't be able to, unless he set's himself on Free risking to lose Rank Points again.

!!!ALL TITLES ARE AWARDED AUTOMATICLY AS SOON AS YOU REACH A CERTAIN AMMOUNT (POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE) OF RANK POINTS. PLAYERS CANNOT DELIBERATELY  CHOSE THEIR TITLES!!!

In my oppinion this option would give the player more freedom, at a price of course.

Hope you consider my suggestion :D

Edited by Mewingdrip
Addition+Typo

Ah titles, as i ever experienced when playing Grand Fantasia, i want to see others' opinions too 

Anyway, seems like you're a dedicated player :drinks:

Just now, Lady Livi said:

Ah titles, as i ever experienced when playing Grand Fantasia, i want to see others' opinions too 

Anyway, seems like you're a dedicated player :drinks:

Yes I admit some other games use this kind of system... more or less xD but it's a cool fun thing

And yes, after 7 years now... you could say I'm at least a bit dedicated. Hope it's going to be implemented :2764:

3 minutes ago, Mewingdrip said:

A reason?

From what I understand the free players can attack anyone. And that's plain bull..., knowing how ridiculous the EU community is there would be  a lot of free players causing trouble. Even if not and I didn't get the topic properly, we still have chaos pots.

Also we elves are fighting the legion and vise versa, not each other within our legion. 

On 03.05.2017 at 3:06 PM, Mewingdrip said:

The Free state will let you deal dmg to any other player in game, including players from your own aliance, but this will alter your Rank Points. If you set yourself Free and kill someone else from your aliance, you will lose Rank Points (faster than reciving them by killing mobs, like 20-50/kill). Once your Rank Points get below 0, no matter how much (even -1) your Title will change to "Aggressive". At -200 you'd get the "Bad" Title, at -700 points you'd get the title "Dishonorable" and at -1500 points you get the Title "Cruel". And this is where the Enemy state joins in:

So someone who set's himself on "Free" and goes bellow 0 rank points will become a target for evryone is above 0 points. Nobody wants that I assume. That's the whole point ;)

On the other hand, think about this: you are farming on your own when suddenly some low lv bd/pala comes and just uses agro 5/5 to distract the boss and run around to make you lose the target and get it full HP again. Wouldn't you sacrifice few Rank points to kill the stubborn bastard and then continue farming?

BTW: the Peaceful, Enemy and Free state is not something permanent. You can turn them on and off whenever you feel like it.

And chaos pots will be used only for 1v1 pvp without losing Rank Points.

Edited by Mewingdrip
Addition

or like i'm farming at filth or coccoons. then someone suddenly came & keep disturbing, given he has better net speed than i  that i cant even hit the mob first. thats the time i'm gonna use some kicking ass points:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Mewingdrip said:

So someone who set's himself on "Free" and goes bellow 0 rank points will become a target for evryone is above 0 points. Nobody wants that I assume. That's the whole point ;)

On the other hand, think about this: you are farming on your own when suddenly some low lv bd/pala comes and just uses agro 5/5 to distract the boss and run around to make you lose the target and get it full HP again. Wouldn't you sacrifice few Rank points to kill the stubborn bastard and then continue farming?

BTW: the Peaceful, Enemy and Free state is not something permanent. You can turn them on and off whenever you feel like it.

And chaos pots will be used only for 1v1 pvp without losing Rank Points.

But even if the frees are above 0 they can kill anyone or attack everyone, they could troll without losing all points. 

Just now, Raezer said:

But even if the frees are above 0 they can kill anyone or attack everyone

There is no "frees" and others, " the Peaceful, Enemy and Free state is not something permanent. You can turn them on and off whenever you feel like it."

2 minutes ago, Raezer said:

they could troll without losing all points.

If they kill players while set on Free, they lose points. And that's it. No exceptions. They will lose points, and they will go below 0 AND STILL LOSE POINTS until as low as -10000.

5 minutes ago, XeNoN said:

or like i'm farming at filth or coccoons. then someone suddenly came & keep disturbing, given he has better net speed than i  that i cant even hit the mob first. thats the time i'm gonna use some kicking ass points:biggrin:

That's exactly what I meant :good:

Do you think they'd care about losing points? They could fix it once near zero. Also what? There's no frees and others? I think I'm not getting you. If the peacful stat is not permanent who'd even bother to turn it on? Given that it doesnt even protect you from free players.

1 minute ago, Raezer said:

Do you think they'd care about losing points? They could fix it once near zero. Also what? There's no frees and others? I think I'm not getting you. If the peacful stat is not permanent who'd even bother to turn it on? Given that it doesnt even protect you from free players.

Okay it seems like you need a more detailed explication for this (tho I think it's pretty easy):

Once you create a new character, you are automaticly set on Peacefull. That mean you can't touch other people on peacefull or enemy, but you can hit/kill players on free. You can switch between Peacefull-Enemy-Free with a Cooldown of 10 seconds.

It's not about "protecting" you from free players, you have to know one thing: if you are a d*ck to others, they will now be able to kill you for saying stupid sh*t. But if they are setting themselves Free YOU CAN ALSO HIT THEM, so it's not a one way attack system. If you are set free, you can hit anyone and evryone, but also evryone else will be able to hit you. If you are stronger you win, if you are weaker you lose.

So you might be afraid of getting killed by players who set free: YOU DO NOT have to fear that, because they will have no reason to set free and kill you and lose points because they killed you if you are a nice player. But as soon as you start being a d*ckhead you'll now risk getting killed by others if you annoy them.

Hope you understand now ^_^

30 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Also we elves are fighting the legion and vise versa, not each other within our legion. 

+ you CAN'T POSSIBLY tell me that you never desired to be able to kill someone from your own legion because he is annoying as f*ck. It happens to evryone, this will motivate people being nicer or shut up

I actually like the part where you can kill annoying stealers and such. I support this for that. But it has loopholes that can be missused really. I don't want to sound mean but it's pathetic to think that all players will not kill you just cause you're nice. there are trollers even now altho you're nice to everyone, players would kill you without reason. Also this game has amp, would be really easy for +10 bds to troll ppls, and you won't beat those too easily.

There might be penalties and players striking back, but trouble will be still

caused. Also, there are still chaos pots, they didn't get implented just so we get a free way of pvping later on.

i have a little idea to tweak something.

like if i have 4500 points, i cant attack players in peaceful who have higher than mine. so i need to do a little grind of mobs. so this will not result to bullying.

this rank point system could be a little help to get rid of bots too.

by being FREE to kill other bots yea that would serve em well.

14 minutes ago, Pecleb said:

i don't like it. of course u will be able to kill farm stealer, but they could also kill you when u are farming

To kill or get killed is a matter of items, amp and skill. Logicly speaking, if you kill someone cos he steals your farm, the same one most probably won't be able to kill you.

Edited by Mewingdrip

1 hour ago, Mewingdrip said:

To kill or get killed is a matter of items, amp and skill. Logicly speaking, if you kill someone cos he steals your farm, the same one most probably won't be able to kill you.

*Doing 90k bosses for quests in pelion* *+10 pty comes and kills us just cause they are higher amped and want the boss*

^ that there can happen. You can't tweak this to a point where it would actually be good. Against bots/stealers yes, but otherwise a big no.

47 minutes ago, Raezer said:

^ that there can happen. You can't tweak this to a point where it would actually be good. Against bots/stealers yes, but otherwise a big no.

Do you think that if you'd be a SMART and nice guy that wouls happen to you?

Plus, rank points and titles will be VERY hard to achive and EXTREMLY EASY to lose, nobody will sacrifice a good ammount of those points just to get a farm. I bet after you'd see yourselfz you'd try to talk to that player before, not instantly jump and kill him. Plus come on, seriously, how old do you have to be to lack so much comunication? Like 10 yo? I don't mean to ofence you but seriously, not evryone has that "evil" thinking way: "hey look some noobs, let me get this easy farm"

33 minutes ago, Mewingdrip said:

Do you think that if you'd be a SMART and nice guy that wouls happen to you?

Plus, rank points and titles will be VERY hard to achive and EXTREMLY EASY to lose, nobody will sacrifice a good ammount of those points just to get a farm. I bet after you'd see yourselfz you'd try to talk to that player before, not instantly jump and kill him. Plus come on, seriously, how old do you have to be to lack so much comunication? Like 10 yo? I don't mean to ofence you but seriously, not evryone has that "evil" thinking way: "hey look some noobs, let me get this easy farm"

Really if the balance is what u say why not leave it as before if u need kill hundred of mobs to kill one ppl?

Ur solution is to make ur proposal useless XD

Moreover there will always be annoying ppl to steal bosses just for troll. Not only tanks will be able to steal with agro but everybody just by killing you

The fact is that it will be exactly the same difficulty for a farmer to kill the stealer than the opposite. At the end only +10 ppl will be able to farm.

And lol did you realize what u say? Stealers DO exist and are even frequent. Raezer doesn't think "evil", if someone wants to take ur boss why would he debate with you? Do you think you would have time to answer if so? Today u see quite often ppl come and direct steal ur boss i don't see any reason why they wouldn't just come and kill you. And even if ur "smart and nice". those guys usually aren't, most of the time don't know you and don't care...

Moreover they could just stun you or reduce ur HP so the boss kills you, they don't lose points, and they farm boss. They win at everything.

So you are saying that an addition would be useless because it wouldn't change anything, right?

Then why lv20 was added? Why lv22 was added? Why lv24 was added? And so on. In the end the proportion of who wins/loses is the samez right?

So if you think it wouldn't change anything then why are you so against it? I mean you said it yourself... Moreover, it would be something new, funny, more to play for, sometimes more to fight for, that could be another way of seeing if someone is trustworthy or not.. you would really question twice about a cruel titled one than a knight, don't deny it.

A lot of other new and useless stuff was added, like the new guild castles thing, in which only the top 2-3 guilds will win always anyway, making already invincible players.... more invincible. At least with these titles you have a choice. You can be a noble and never kill others, while being smart and knowing how to solve your problems/get a farm without starting swinging your sword or axe or whatever, or you can be a dishonoured one who only likes to troll others or steal bosses and so get targeted by anyone else who sees you.

I'd like a title system, but I can't see the peaceful-enemy-free thing working, at least as it currently is, for the same reasons the gentlemen above have mentioned.

Titles aren't a bad idea, but changing status to friendly and enemy thing is bad. It's not how the game works, and it will work against many things that are in the game that requires group play like wars.

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Titles aren't a bad idea, but changing status to friendly and enemy thing is bad. It's not how the game works, and it will work against many things that are in the game that requires group play like wars.

Well obviously you wouldn't set yourself to free during a war :/ what kind of logic is that?

But now again it depends on your interests, if your only desire is to be a d*ckhead troll master, then whatever, but you"ll have to take the consequences.

Looking from another perspective, if you're a d*ck to your mom or dad and always talk back to them, they'll eventualy slap you. Why couldn't you do it in a game also? But if you abuse your power, you'll have to bear the consequences. And the way you'll get punished if you abuse your power and kill evryone just for troll is that you'll be a target to evryone else. They will punish you enough. You'd eventually have to avoid other players, stay hidden, and maybe delete your char and start a new one. This is why the title system wouldn't go only towards bad things. As someone who experienced something very similar for years in other games, I can guarantee you that. And again this is why: while gaining rank points is EXTREMLY difficult, recieving only 5 points on each mob kill, but losing it is a lot easyier, losing 50> points for killing another player, and this value could be raised even more, wouldn't be a bad thing, even up to -150 points for player kills.

@Lady Livi can aprove it I bet.

Edited by Mewingdrip

11 hours ago, Mewingdrip said:

So you are saying that an addition would be useless because it wouldn't change anything, right?

Then why lv20 was added? Why lv22 was added? Why lv24 was added? And so on. In the end the proportion of who wins/loses is the samez right?

So if you think it wouldn't change anything then why are you so against it? I mean you said it yourself... Moreover, it would be something new, funny, more to play for, sometimes more to fight for, that could be another way of seeing if someone is trustworthy or not.. you would really question twice about a cruel titled one than a knight, don't deny it.

A lot of other new and useless stuff was added, like the new guild castles thing, in which only the top 2-3 guilds will win always anyway, making already invincible players.... more invincible. At least with these titles you have a choice. You can be a noble and never kill others, while being smart and knowing how to solve your problems/get a farm without starting swinging your sword or axe or whatever, or you can be a dishonoured one who only likes to troll others or steal bosses and so get targeted by anyone else who sees you.

Re-read his post, he DID NOT state the entire thing is useless and does not change anything.

Also, instead of questioning somebody elses' logic, check what you actually type. Huge point loses for kills.... then the idea of killing stealers and bots gets actually broken because if those annoying players would return over and over you'd soon become a target to everybody.

Also, if you know that there are stealers, bots, scammers, how can you still be convinced that the whole community is going to be reasonable with you? I'm not saying everyone will go against you but there most certainly would be players that would.

Please allowe to ask you @Raezer@Pecleb@Ninja Owl @Gladiator and anyone else who is questioning about it: did you ever experience a system like this before in other games?

23 minutes ago, Mewingdrip said:

Please allowe to ask you @Raezer@Pecleb@Ninja Owl @Gladiator and anyone else who is questioning about it: did you ever experience a system like this before in other games?

Yeah, except there were only 2 modes. "Peaceful" and "free".

Just bc it worked in some other game doesn't mean it's suitable here too.

How long are you playing Warspear?

1 minute ago, Raezer said:

How long are you playing Warspear?

6 to 7 years

2 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Yeah, except there were only 2 modes. "Peaceful" and "free".

And this is why the "Enemy" is a good thing, does it not make sence now?

56 minutes ago, Mewingdrip said:

Didn't ask me but I'm going to answer anyway.

Warspear is a different game and should stay the way it is. Taking over things from other games would destroy its 'uniqueness'. I don't wanna be rude but if you like the ranking system from other games better, why don't you play those games? I saw that you have been playing here since 6-7 years and of course it would be nice if you stayed longer but I somehow wouldn't like the ranking system although I'm a farmer and experienced the stealing issues.

1 minute ago, Julie said:

Didn't ask me but I'm going to answer anyway.

Warspear is a different game and should stay the way it is. Taking over things from other games would destroy its 'uniqueness'. I don't wanna be rude but if you like the ranking system from other games better, why don't you play those games? I saw that you have been playing here since 6-7 years and of course it would be nice if you stayed longer but I somehow wouldn't like the ranking system although I'm a farmer and experienced the stealing issues.

Anyone could answer and I apreciate, thank you.

For me personally it's not about farming, I'm not even farming..

I just don't like the idea of being constrained to killing only elves as long as there are so many people from my legion that deserve it, just as there are so many elves I get along with very well and never kill them. I like the idea of having this extra "freedom" if you wanna call it that way, I like the game a lot and honestly this is the only game I'm playing atm. Not intending to quit regardless of the choice that developpers will make about this. I just think it's a cool and nice thing that would not as much CHANGE the game, but add something new, something related to the idea of freedom in my oppinion, freedom being something most of us desire and search for.

1 minute ago, Kitzunex said:

As far as i know, we will have the oportunity to kill players of same faction on castle sieges...

Yes that is true. Also true is that you have to be a member of a lv5+ guild to join those games.

well, as devs already said "go join one or level up yours" ^_~

I personally like your idea, it reminds of Ultima online and Lineage 2, but i doubt it will work for warspear, solely becouse we already have enemy factions... 

1 minute ago, Kitzunex said:

I personally like your idea, it reminds of Ultima online and Lineage 2, but i doubt it will work for warspear, solely becouse we already have enemy factions... 

Yeah Ik but in the other games I experienced similar things there were enemy reigns and factions too, but it was never a problem

5 hours ago, Mewingdrip said:

For me personally it's not about farming, I'm not even farming..

Maybe that's why u don't understand all we are saying

I get ragged in pvp cave enough by sentinels as it is. I don't want to be worrying about other legion players too. Thanks but no thanks.

On 08.05.2017 at 2:42 PM, Raislin said:

I get ragged in pvp cave enough by sentinels as it is. I don't want to be worrying about other legion players too. Thanks but no thanks.

Consider this situation: you pvp in cave when suddenly someone from your legion comes and disturbs your pvp, ganking your opponent. What do you do?