[2017.04.14] In development: Guild Castles

Daria

Screen.png

Hello everyone!

"In development" section is still alive (in case you doubted it), and today we would like to talk about castles on Ayvondil that have been bothering our minds for quite a time. They will be added to the game in the second part of the year, but we can already tell you some of the most fundamental information about this interesting mode.      

ATTENTION! THE PROJECT IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, SO ALL ELEMENTS AND MECHANICS MAY ALTER BY THE TIME OF IMPLEMENTATION.

Before getting to the details, let us speak a bit about the purpose of Guild Castles, what role they play in the game and how they will change Ayvondil.

Castles on Ayvondil is the main game element of the island that will bring together the concept of the third key stage of the game.

1. The starting island introduces the basic elements of the game, lets the player try the main game mechanics and choose the most comforting playing style.
  2. Irselnort sets a whole lot of more complicated missions like pushing the player towards socialization and creating a Guild to be able to go through hard in-game content (or entering one). Moreover, for the first time it throws players against the members of another Alliance in open world.
  3. Ayvondil should move the focus point from the chaotic battles between Alliances to the opposition between thoroughly organized Guilds. The existing group mechanics are not enough for this goal, thus Guild Castles will take it upon themselves.

Capture mechanics

Those who have visited Ayvondil should know that there are Fort Wardens standing beside the entrances to closed locations. If you talk to them, you may learn that for now a castle is empty, but someday it will open the gates to welcome its new owner.

ayv.png

A fort is not a castle, but only the entrance to the vast territory of the castle that is constructed similarly to the Dungeon (it is much bigger from the inside than it seems from the outside) and consists of the three parts that you will have to capture one by one:

- Castle territories. About 25 locations with respawn points and the castle in the centre;
- Courtyard. The inner territory with the Guard and defenders;
- The very inner part consisting of several rooms with multiple passages and a throne.  

The battles will be held according to the schedule, and there will be quite long periods of time between them because the whole point of this mode it not to capture the castle, but to hold and to develop it. Each castle will be unique, and the higher the Ayvondil zone is, the more profit a castle will bring.

To participate in the capturing of a castle, you will need to have a Guild of the fifth level and higher and to pay a certain amount of Guild Points.

The development of a castle will bring completely new mechanics to the game: constructing buildings, exploring new territories, obtaining new types of resources, protecting territories from enemy raids, organizing raids on enemy territories and much more. It will influence players from powerful guilds, as well as newbies (wait for more information about it in one of the following "In development" episodes). But all of it starts with the castle capturing, and this is what we are going to tell about now.

Breaking the gates

At some point, Guild members will be able to go through the fort gates to the castle they want to capture. After appearing on castle territories, they will have to reach one of the three gates and crash them, opening the path to the courtyard. Add to this fighting with other Guilds in the "Everyone vs everyone" mode and NPC-defenders of the castle. It is important to be among the first ones who enter the courtyard, because in this case your Guild will be able to start the second stage of the capturing faster, thus having more chance of success.

gates_en.jpg

Fighting the Guard

Screen2.png Let's assume this is the Guard

The strength of every castle lays not in the firmness of its walls, but in the courage of its defenders. You may also add a giant Citadel Guard, in case something goes the wrong way. Only five members of each party (with one of them being the Guild leader) who went through the gates will be admitted to fighting him. At this point, the Guild leader plays the most important role, because it is only him who is able to damage the Guard. The main goal of his mates is to protect their leader and to prevent other Guild leaders from killing the Guard.

Supposedly, the Guard won't be able to directly damage players, but he will be quite generous when it comes to casting negative effects.

While the big five is fighting other Guild groups and the Guard, the rest of the Guild members will continue battling beside the castle gates protecting their fallen mates from the big five when they move from respawn point back into the courtyard.

Capturing the throne

castle_en.jpg

All members of the Guild, the leader of which defeats the Guard, get in the Citadel to fight its defenders. The goal of the attacking group is to destroy the throne and become a new owner of the castle. The goal of the defending Guild that owns the castle at the moment of the capturing is not to let it happen.

In case if the castle is captured for the first time, it is defended only by NPC.

There is a limited period of time given for completing each stage. If the stage goal is not reached within a certain time period then the capturing ends and the defending Guild wins.

Screen4.png — It's just a picture

After the castle is captured, it is time to start developing it. The owners of the castle will need to gather resources and construct buildings that will somehow profit them during the whole time when the castle belongs to them. And that is what we are going to talk about in another episode.

AIGRIND

Close the game due to the work

See the Email with "Daria has posted a new topic on news and Announcements"

Steal a device from the work place and, hidden down a desk, check the News.

Oh ya! :biggrin:

@Daria I didn't get if these castles will be opened 24/7 or only during a specific event. Like the Dynamic events we are used to see.

2 минуты назад, Higgings сказал:

@Daria I didn't get if these castles will be opened 24/7 or only during a specific event. Like the Dynamic events we are used to see.

Battles for castles and raids will be held according to the schedule. And when there are no battles and raids, only the members of the guild that own the castle will be able to enter it.

1 minute ago, Pecleb said:

seems wonderful

my favorite update so far! better than relics with 5% chances to work xd

Oh i loved the relics update. :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Daria said:

Battles for castles and raids will be held according to the schedule. And when there are no battles and raids, only the members of the guild that own the castle will be able to enter it.

Looks great. I can't wait to see it :yahoo:

"for quite a time" Frankly, my characters have been waiting to know more about these castles since they joined the war three years ago.

Sounds like a lot fun :drinks: Hopefully it will be balanced well so the biggests guilds don't have big advantage over the smaller one. (Level 5 with 40-50 players fighting it with level 9 with 90)

i have a (few) question(s). Lets say a guild captures the castle for the first time and start building. If they lose the castle to another guild, will their hard work be gone in vain? Will the new owners of the castle find everything ready and waiting for them or do they have to rebuild from start? And if they have to rebuild, what happens to the buildings of the previous owners? Are they somehow saved for when they recapture the castle?

13 минут назад, REAPER сказал:

i have a (few) question(s). Lets say a guild captures the castle for the first time and start building. If they lose the castle to another guild, will their hard work be gone in vain? Will the new owners of the castle find everything ready and waiting for them or do they have to rebuild from start? And if they have to rebuild, what happens to the buildings of the previous owners? Are they somehow saved for when they recapture the castle?

Yep, if the guild loses the castle, all buildings are automatically demolished, and the new guild has to build everything from the start. And if the guild that had owned this castle before captures it again, it also has to rebuild everything from the start. That is why these battles won't be held very frequently (supposedly, once in a month), so that a guild can have some profit from these buildings.

1 minute ago, Daria said:

Yep, if the guild loses the castle, all building are automatically demolished, and the new guild has to build everything from the start. And if the guild that had owned this castle before captures it again, it also has to rebuild everything from the start. That is why these battles won't be held very frequently (supposedly, once in a month), so that a guild can have some profit from these buildings.

Thank you so much for clarifying it:drinks:

6 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

Or twice in a month?

:give_rose:

That's a bit too frequently, I guess. And there will also be those raids... Well, these are details, anyway, that are still for us to decide. :)

Just now, Daria said:

That's a bit too frequently, I guess. And there will also be those raids... Well, these are details, anyway, that are still for us to decide. :)

Of course hehe :blush:

This is amazing!

The most fun parts are those new mechanics like castle developing and buildings, so much potential.

Awaiting the next sneak peek. :wsgoblin:

bq74.gif at last

ba175.gifill come back few weeks before the update

Question: only 5 party members allowed to go in thru the gates?

example:

party1: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1

party2: A2 B2 C2 D2 E2

party3: A3 B3 C3 D3 E3

party4: A4 B4 C4 D4 E4

party5: A5 B5 C5 D5 E5

A1 A2 A3 A4 allowed to go in thru gates and A5 is leader

OR

A1 is leader and B1 C1 D1 E1 allowed to go in thru gates

and other guild members fights outside

bq78.gif

Just now, Higgings said:

I'd follow this guy for the simply reason I love all the Panda Gifs he has got

bq66.gif Crazy Panda*

9 минут назад, lallouss сказал:

Question: only 5 party members allowed to go in thru the gates?

example:

party1: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1

party2: A2 B2 C2 D2 E2

party3: A3 B3 C3 D3 E3

party4: A4 B4 C4 D4 E4

party5: A5 B5 C5 D5 E5

A1 A2 A3 A4 allowed to go in thru gates and A5 is leader

OR

A1 is leader and B1 C1 D1 E1 allowed to go in thru gates

and other guild members fights outside

Frankly, I don't quite understand the example... *place for a panda scratching its head*

Well, there are three stages:

1. The whole guild participates (the mess in front of the gates).

2. Only the guild leader and his four guild mates who are picked beforehand participate (defeating the Guard).

3. The whole guild participates (fighting the defending Guild that owns the castle now).

4 hours ago, Daria said:

The owners of the castle will need to gather resources and construct buildings that will somehow profit them during the whole time when the castle belongs to them. I like the idea that everyone in the guilds will be able to enjoy a new version of wars. How far away is it from being released? :dirol:

1 минуту назад, Gagikralj сказал:

Is there going to be lvl 30? And is it on warspear birthday?

That's not the right topic to discuss it. :)

But yeah, someday there will definitely be level 30.

54 minutes ago, Daria said:

Frankly, I don't quite understand the example... *place for a panda scratching its head*

Well, there are three stages:

1. The whole guild participates (the mess in front of the gates).

2. Only the guild leader and his four guild mates who are picked beforehand participate (defeating the Guard).

3. The whole guild participates (fighting the defending Guild that owns the castle now).

bq77.gif

ah ty bq144.gifi understand now actually, the leader picks the party that wants to go in to defeat the Guard

After some years of patience... 

Wait.. There are some empty areas in ayvondil, each of guard has a part of the fortress or it is a different castle each? 

I'll wait for the next "in development" post, but for now it looks really promising.

I wonder what those buildings in the castle would be.... shops?..or do they just give a buff / improve defenses?

Would fancy something unique! (guild market, minigames, customize a house?, mini bosses, dungeons)

Idk, I'm just letting my imagination go wild :blink:

5 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

I'll wait for the next "in development" post, but for now it looks really promising.

I wonder what those buildings in the castle would be.... shops?..or do they just give a buff / improve defenses?

Would fancy something unique! (guild market, minigames, customize a house?, mini bosses, dungeons)

Idk, I'm just letting my imagination go wild :blink:

It can be all you mentioned, also some items probably, minions and what not.

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

The Adventure Time's leader wants us to twitch our mind to find out what these delicious prizes will be. :unsure:

Neither Adventure time's leader nor any of developers know what those prizes will be yet :)

Edited by Peter_Munk

12 minutes ago, Peter_Munk said:

Neither Adventure time's leader nor any of developers know what those prizes will be yet :)

Owww, My apologies :good: