Pecleb, US Sapphire

Pecleb

Hi all,

Back from holydays, it is time to post my work:dirol:

And oh yes 11 april, it's really time to xd

Anyway, there is my mapwlw25phjjjnmeADMZWOOOeaYY44HwFw25phjjjnm

As you can see it is quite a simple map, i didn't try to do smth very creative, but to balance the map and solve most of the problems of the current map.

-Healing zones: right after u respawn, u can heal urself there, 10% every 2 sec. This way a team without healer will have more chances to make a comebacl

-Teleports are not random anymore, and u can choose where to teleport (2 options). This way ennemies can wait you right after u teleport and use aoe stun or whatever, and u can gather ur team.

-I suppressed some walk paths (on the sides), like this i hope ppl will run less. In counterpart i added a path in the middle to link seals fast.

Now when u are in arena u can try block middle seal to protect one of the other for instance.

Moves will also be shorter so the fight will be more dynamic

Now u can unite and heal ur troops for a counterattack, but once u have chosen ur strategy u have to fight and there is less possibilities to run.

I choose not to put the healing places in base, cuz i think it is more dynamic if u have to wait ur friends to heal safely. and this way if ennemies rush at you right after spawning you will be under heal. Except if they use fear of course xd:biggrin:

The theme is the volcano awakening. This is an arena, so there is only place for the heat of fights:wsangry:

there is lava everywhere, except on walkable ways of course.

Hope u will enjoy it, hope that my english is not too bad, and good luck to all!

EDIT: special thanks to ninja owl for his framework!

Edited by Pecleb

But also gives advantage for tanks, doesn't it.

Parties with healers are disadvantaged with lower damage.

Just make up your team if you want healer. 

I would not like to see Barbs/Dks/Bds healing mid-fight even without healer (imagine with healers too). I don't think anyone would... 

3 hours ago, Gladiator said:

But also gives advantage for tanks, doesn't it.

Parties with healers are disadvantaged with lower damage.

Just make up your team if you want healer. 

I would not like to see Barbs/Dks/Bds healing mid-fight even without healer (imagine with healers too). I don't think anyone would... 

hum, idk i think it's ok since u have to come back there for heal

of course dk would be truly impossible to kill there, but during that time ennemies cap seals

honestly i hesitated a lot to put those healing areas in base, but i did not for reason stated before... and also bcs i think devs want only ppl with seal come back full health xd. even if i don't like it.

About making ur own team... idk for high lvl but for low lvl we almost only go random arena for fun. u pro so u often go with pt i guess, but for my part it's mainly for fun, sometimes for gears. And when u get rekt bcs u don't have healer that's not fun :/ i used to have 60%+ win rate with my extra noob druid cuz many comebacks: with 3 heal skills was able to heal all pt very fast. while when u come back half hp if u can't attack first u often can't do anything.

I have another idea: that was to make heal like a skill: every 2min/3min? any time balanced, u are allowed to heal half of ur hp, but u have to come back on healing areas.

And if u die this skill automatically reloads like other skills. What do u think about this? It's just an idea i did not really think about it

I see this arena more for some specific class. I mean, a class like Deathknight or shamans or druids are almost unbeatable there. I know that in the meanwhile, the weaker party goes to capture the seal, but the players alive will still have a lot of advantage against the weaker party...

:huh:

1 hour ago, Pecleb said:

About making ur own team... idk for high lvl but for low lvl we almost only go random arena for fun. u pro so u often go with pt i guess, but for my part it's mainly for fun, sometimes for gears. And when u get rekt bcs u don't have healer that's not fun :/ i used to have 60%+ win rate with my extra noob druid cuz many comebacks: with 3 heal skills was able to heal all pt very fast. while when u come back half hp if u can't attack first u often can't do anything.

*personal opinion alert*

I also go randoms, I actually rarely go with pre-made parties, not because I'm not a pro, I don't think it is related, but because I don't really mind having not having a healer, since we'd have more damage. I think it is not fair to have healing statues or whatever, because it's like adding a 4th healing player for the 3-tank party that already have too much def skills and also high damage and stun rates in some cases, that'd give a bigger advantage for tanks.

Idk, I might be wrong, can't tell you to remove them lel, it might be a good idea to add in the game.

And who knows what fixes devs will do in the next update regarding seals. So they might consider adding such stuff.

I just pointed it out because literally most of the entries have healing areas in them, I was confused, and I thought I was missing something.

Edited by Gladiator

28 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

*personal opinion alert*

I also go randoms, I actually rarely go with pre-made parties, not because I'm not a pro, I don't think it is related, but because I don't really mind having not having a healer, since we'd have more damage. I think it is not fair to have healing statues or whatever, because it's like adding a 4th healing player for the 3-tank party that already have too much def skills and also high damage and stun rates in some cases, that'd give a bigger advantage for tanks.

Idk, I might be wrong, can't tell you to remove them lel, it might be a good idea to add in the game.

And who knows what fixes devs will do in the next update regarding seals. So they might consider adding such stuff.

I just pointed it out because literally most of the entries have healing areas in them, I was confused, and I thought I was missing something.

understood.

I have no time to change my map anyway. Im just searching ideas to make seals better.

Well i didn't know that most entries had healing areas. I just checked 3-4 topics and not read everything since i was on holydays till yesterday, i'll do when poll is open. But if most have, perhaps it's bcs many ppl think it would improve the seals right?

But u are right this is quite about personnal opinion. I really had the feeling healers were advantaged in seals, perhaps im wrong.

Ty for helping me :good: