Tatelan, EU-Emerald

Hello there!

I would like to present you a unique idea of mine to make Temple of Seals fight more challenging and - probably - more balanced.

An arena with Technopolis theme. The area consists of floating islands. (No, not the dessert!) 

I added clouds to the blue, so you won't think it is water :crazy:

39TyTP0.png

Let me explain what you can see on the picture.

There are four parts of the map:

- Base of red team,

- base of white team (imagine the letters are white)

- fight area with two seals

- separate area with the third seal.

The two-seal area is simple. I created it to be easily accessible by either of the teams.

What is tricky here, is the third seal. You can get out, but you cannot get in without having to respawn first.

It is only accessible from the teams' base. When spawning, players have to decide which area do they want to conquer, and take the appropiate portal (on the picture: Portal "3" takes you to the middle area).

There is one portal to get to the fight area, but after getting out, you cannot get back in. (The blue entrance portal takes team members to their own team's appearance points.)

This is to prevent stronger teams taking controll of the whole arena. This makes them divide their power onto two areas, which makes the fight more balanced and gives weaker fighters a chance, too.

As you can see, at the third seal there are two appearance points, so that isn't that easy to camp it and use area skills. (The big seal gives twice as many points as the little ones, but it also takes a bit longer to capture it.)

Maybe this arena won't be the easiest to win in. And I didn't intend to make it so. I want to make an arena where you have to fight for victory.

Feel free to comment, or share your ideas to make this better!

Also, let me know if you don't understand something.

Ben

EDIT:

• Jzargo suggested #1 and #2 seals should have two exits. I added them.
  • According to Lazylion, appearance points should also have two exits. Did it for the ones near the seal, but let the other ones remain one way. Why not?
Edited by BTminBT

Nice, it'll be hard to dominate 3 seal at same time

it'll be good if seal no.1 and no.2 have 2 ways in and out for escape :blush:

Nice ideas Benni:1F646:I really like it that you took the problems about unbalanced battles into consideration although it might not be totally solved .-. It's just very hard to make battles balanced because the amp difference will always be there :/ 

13 minutes ago, Jzargo said:

Nice, it'll be hard to dominate 3 seal at same time

it'll be good if seal no.1 and no.2 have 2 ways in and out for escape :blush:

Thanks for the tip, edited.

10 minutes ago, Julie said:

Nice ideas Benni:1F646:I really like it that you took the problems about unbalanced battles into consideration although it might not be totally solved .-. It's just very hard to make battles balanced because the amp difference will always be there :/ 

Still, the power of the high amped team will be divided, at least giving chance to weaker players. We'll see (if this one gets ingame) :D

all maps reminds me of packman 2, anyone wna be player2? this project also seems so clear in my eyes, easy to understand and good idea

Edited by Lyzois

3 hours ago, Lazylion said:

Shouldn`t teles also have two exits/entrys? seems for me it would be easy to block the teles to seal 1 and 2

I could only implement another exit to one of the teles, because I don't want the other side to have direct contact with the seals. If you understand me.

20 minutes ago, BTminBT said:

I could only implement another exit to one of the teles, because I don't want the other side to have direct contact with the seals. If you understand me.

Well, you could actually do that, means they would have a 50/50% chance to get close to a seal on both teams

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, what is going on here?!

Do I have to be killed to get the 3rd map ..so in theory the death team get there faster? And then I have one unique chance to fight for the 3rd seal, if die there I can't return anymore to help my team?! 

Last question, how do I commit suicide in case of the other team doesn't decide to kill me? hm?

5 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

I'm sorry, what is going on here?!

Do I have to be killed to get the 3rd map ..so in theory the death team get there faster? And then I have one unique chance to fight for the 3rd seal, if die there I can't return anymore to help my team?! 

Last question, how do I commit suicide in case of the other team doesn't decide to kill me? hm?

Good questions, let me answer them.

At the beginning of the fight, you have the option to choose between the two areas, the bigger one with two small and the smaller area with the third, big seal. I created this with the intention of dividing the team's power. You need strategy on this map. 

So, you can get to the third seal from the spawnpoint. You may also get out of there to the big area, but from there you cannot get back in to the big seal. Only from the spawnpoint (which means by dying.)

Again, strategy is needed.

Suicide? Well, how about same hostle entities that you could kill yourself with? :)

10 minutes ago, BTminBT said:

So, you can get to the third seal from the spawnpoint. You may also get out of there to the big area, but from there you cannot get back in to the big seal. Only from the spawnpoint (which means by dying.)

I got it, it obligates the team to fight separately, once at least one has to teleport to the 3rd seal. The main PvP confront happens in the center where players will fight non stopping. Quite interesting! Good job :)