[2017.03.30] Best Arena Map Contest 2017

Daria

храм_печати_схемы_1200x630.png

Hello there, dear friends!

We try to regularly give any citizen of Arinar to show oneself, whether it's creating costumes, let's play contest or anything else. And now it's time to test your creativity once again!

We're starting the contest on creating the best map for the "Temple of Seals" arena mode! The winner's work will be added to the game with the upcoming update in addition to the already existing map in the Temple of Seals.

How to participate

1. Create and draw the location plan with all necessary symbols and marks. The map must be of 28x28 squares and contain: the points where players will appear and where they will wait, passages and capture points (two or three).

Picture 1. The plan of the existing map in the Temple of Seals as an example:

mapeng.png

2. Start a topic in this forum section named "Name of your character, server" and containing your plan. Also, you may describe the theme of the location (graphic style): bright lawns of the Blissful Isle, Ayvondil dungeons or snow areas.

Works will be collected starting from now, 30.03.2017, till 11. 04.2017.

Starting from 12.04.2017 till 17.04.2017 there will be a poll with the maximum of 20 works (if there will be more than 20 works, participants of this stage will be determined by the jury) that will decide the winner of the contest.

The results will be announced on 19.04.2017.

The winner will get 25000 Miracle Coins + his map will be added to the game.
Additional prize from the jury - 15000 Miracle Coins.

Attention! If the work doesn't match the contest requirements and/or is not made carefully enough, it won't be admitted to the poll stage.

Well, all the requirements are listed, we're waiting for your works!
AIGRIND

Hello everybody! I've got a couple ( or maybe more ) of questions

Should the project have the same ammount of captured territories ( 3 in this case ) or we could even change the current number of available territories to capture?

Are we allowed to create a totally new design of the arena or we have to adapt our project to the existing one? 

Are we allowed to create Obstacles in the arena? 

5 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

Hello everybody! I've got a couple ( or maybe more ) of questions

Should the project have the same ammount of captured territories ( 3 in this case ) or we could even change the current number of available territories to capture?

Are we allowed to create a totally new design of the arena or we have to adapt our project to the existing one? 

There should be two or three capture points (as mentioned in the contest description).

Well, it should be something that we could adapt to the game and not something completely innovative, but still we are looking for something new... well, it depends. :)

Mmm, what do you mean by obstacles?

passages and capture points (two or three)

In addition to the terms described on topic, is valid to remember that both teams must walk the same distance to get to the capture points and I suppose that the map shouldn't be too large, after all there is a timer running

abuse of your creativity! :)

well, Daria has already answered, so ignore my reply :D

Edited by Aкasha

5 minutes ago, Daria said:

Mmm, what do you mean by obstacles?

I could write some examples in your Private Message, if I am allowed to. You know, someone might copy... :blush::aggressive:

3 минуты назад, Higgings сказал:

I could write some examples in your Private Message, if I am allowed to. You know, someone might copy... :blush::aggressive:

Sure! :dirol:

54 minutes ago, Ninja Owl said:

Hey, sounds fun! Can't wait to see all the creative ideas!

Here's a grid, should anyone need it.

grid.png

Useful as always bro. Thanks! :good:

Edited by Higgings
Corrected a word ( Congratulations me )

I assume the next update will be arena focused, new map, and maybe new experts (hopefully), and most importantly, Life Seals fix.:1F642:

15 hours ago, Daria said:

Sure! :dirol:

Alright. I've sent the Private Message. Let me know ( In private, if possible ) what do you think :)

12 hours ago, Raezer said:

What if I drew a pic instead of explaining the visual part of the area with text?

Showing your idea via illustration, in addition to the map required, seems totally fine. Although you're supposed to do a very brief description (few words should be enough) anyway, just in case.. I mean, making sure that everyone will get your idea gives you more chances to win; 

15 часов назад, Aкasha сказал:

How does the poll work? The most voted gets the additional prize and the 1st place will be decided by Aigrind?

The most voted becomes the winner and gets 25k MC and his map added to the game. In addition to that, we choose another contestant and give him 15k MC.

9 minutes ago, Daria said:

The most voted becomes the winner and gets 25k MC and his map added to the game. In addition to that, we choose another contestant and give him 15k MC.

Heja! the community will choose the winner then, sounds really nice!!! :D

7 hours ago, Jzargo said:

I will vote any ideas that could make it possible for +1 players beat +10 life seal spammers :friends:

Will not happen :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Daria said:

where to send the pic ?

49 minutes ago, Walter Martinez De Aza said:

where to send the pic ?

Please create a new topic here and as title you should type "Nick of your char, server". Then add the image and description there.

1 hour ago, TheCabbage said:

Is it only one winner or one winner from both international and Russian? 

I may not assure, but in all contests they choose one from both. I think that they would tell us in the topic if the poll would be merged with Russians contestants. I don't think so..

Edited by Aкasha

There will be two maps added, so there will be two winners - one from Russian section and one from International section. But contests in these sections are not merged in any way.

On 30/03/2017 at 11:53 AM, Daria said:

2. Start a topic in this forum section named "Name of your character, server" and containing your plan. Also, you may describe the theme of the location (graphic style): bright lawns of the Blissful Isle, Ayvondil dungeons or snow areas.

Can other environments be used or just the three above?   

Players from all servers can participate? 

:good:

Edited by Namelesss

3 hours ago, Daria said:

There will be two maps added, so there will be two winners - one from Russian section and one from International section. But contests in these sections are not merged in any way.

can we still vote in russian poll?

Since we will have their map too:dirol:

43 minutes ago, Pecleb said:

can we still vote in russian poll?

Since we will have their map too:dirol:

All Forums and their respective topics/polls are open for all members registered. Once we've access to the content, conclusively we can vote there. Why not?! :tongue:

1. Is it still 3v3?

2. Can we put teleports/damaging things (kinda like how dungeons have)

3. Can we put non traditional arena things such as mobs or power ups?

4. Can we make the seals work differently? Like you need all 3 on to capture? Or they dmg ppl slightly?

6 hours ago, NicolauzPitterz said:

What Software To Make Map?

Help Please! :good:

You're able to rebuild the model map using Paint or any other with basic functions: cut, copy, paste, erase, transparent selection;  If you want to create a totally new map, you can use any image editor: Photoshop, Corel Paintshop, Gimp... 

I hope those new ideas are acceptable, like healing/buffing/damaging stuff. I think it's important to clear it out before ppl waste time thinking creatively.