Questions and opinions about the new forum, March 2017

Morgana

Question

33 answers to this question

I wanted to ask why can't I reply to ANY topic in the News and Announcements section? I am surfing in the Forum with a Mobile Phone... 

And yes, why can't I use any of the smiles?

Edited by Higgings

List of things I hate:

* Can't turn mobile view off. I don't like it at all.

* Automatic paragraphs when pressing enter instead of a simple line break

* To see my notifications I must now  tap the screen one time more

* Recent posts are in the bottom. No one's looking there.

* Where's my signature?

* When profile information in a post is as spacey as the post itself...

* No new threads section (at least anywhere visible)

* No smileys 

* Can't see latest post in a subforum when in the main page

* White text on white background in profile (see screenshot)

* Images take too much vertical (and horizontal) space and making them smaller on mobile is difficult

(This image is here only for testing purposes.WP_20170322_12_01_38_Pro.jpgThis feature seems to work nicely, though.)

wp_ss_20170328_0001.png

Edited by TheCabbage
added more items to the list

Pretty much i like this new-featured forum. Although the forum functions are still incomplete, it doesn't matter because this is still new, and need some fixes after all, i believe admins read the feebacks from members, and that everything needs process, nothing is perfect at the beginning.

Why can't I turn off email notifications for things I follow? Just received like eight of them. (The button to disable them is grayed out.) 

There are a lot of features missing yet :D but I'm sure sooner or later you will be able to turn those notifications off. I'm still kinda confused about the new design and I don't like it that you can't switch to the pc version on the form :/ and also that I have to load a different site to see who is online. The feature to see who had the most liked content is great though :3 That so many moderating abilities were removed is not so great x.x And that I can't see who is checking out that topic at the moment as well.

Edited by Julie

Nice. As I said, let's give them a bit of time. Hopefully they read this topic though to make the forum better and better :biggrin:

4 часа назад, TheCabbage сказал:

Why can't I turn off email notifications for things I follow? Just received like eight of them. (The button to disable them is grayed out.) 

There is some bug with it, we'll try to figure it out as soon as possible, because all administrators are also receiving tons of such notifications. :)

9 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

Nice. As I said, let's give them a bit of time. Hopefully they read this topic though to make the forum better and better :biggrin:

Thanks! Well, of course, I carefully collect all the feedback and I also hope that eventually we will make our new forum very enjoyable, both visually and functionally.

Daria, since you are here, may I know why Can't I reply to any post of the News and Announcements Section?

the new mobile version pleases me a lot when it comes to the overall graffic design, but the engineer should be revised.

1. What is the difference between Activity and All Activity?

2. Instead of showing an email to contact the staff, why couldn't we add a number or social networks..I mean the email of my account here isn't the easiest way to contact me quickly 

3. My posts missing are about some content deleted?

4  Everyone who had the login nicks back appearing should exchange nicks again?

5. Would like to have access to the old version too...

6. How about the colors? Should I remember the codes to use it in mobile version? 

7. What about the cover picture and signature? Nevermore?

8. How can I hide my followers?

9. What is this about?

jJEUp9U.jpg

10. How can I see who is online? Only going to somone's profile? 

11. A bar in another color and the discription in bold is necessary? If the intention is hide the content after all ?:tongue:

Edited by Aкasha

Can you enable us, the ones who use mobiles to use the full version, too?

@Akasha : you can see who's online on Browse menu...

Edited by Lady Livi

2 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

@Lady Livi thanks! 

@TheCabbage It's seems that the problem with players having access to create topics in News&An.. section was fixed. Right?

yep, everything is fine now.

Since all of my questions have been answered I pretty much love the new forum. Gonna miss the old one but got an awesome one in return :1F633:

Yes, I have to agree! Since I have got no more doubts and everything looks like clear, I like the way this forum has been made. 

The time made some stuff to work the way they should, so there's nothing more to "complain" about, here!:1F594:

1 час назад, Aкasha сказал:

the new mobile version pleases me a lot when it comes to the overall graffic design, but the engineer should be revised.

1. What is the difference between Activity and All Activity?

2. Instead of showing an email to contact the staff, why couldn't we add a number or social networks..I mean the email of my account here isn't the easiest way to contact me quickly 

3. My posts missing are about some content deleted?

4  Everyone who had the login nicks back appearing should exchange nicks again?

5. Would like to have access to the old version too...

6. How about the colors? Should I remember the codes to use it in mobile version? 

7. What about the cover picture and signature? Nevermore?

8. How can I hide my followers?

9. What is this about?

Показать контент

10. How can I see who is online? Only going to somone's profile? 

11. A bar in another color and the discription in bold is necessary? If the intention is hide the content after all ?:tongue:

1. All Activity is just a part of Activity tab. That's just how interface is made.

2. Well, I agree, but this is just initial settings in the new version.

3. Yeah, some users have less amount of posts. I guess, the deleted content doesn't count now.

4. It's the feature of the upgrading to the new version. Users should exchange their nicknames back, unfortunately, there is no way to do it automatically.

5. Not possible, I'm afraid... But I'd like that too.

6. I don't think you should. And, actually, there is no separate mobile version now, there is only one version and it's interface just adapts to the screen resolution. So, all functionality is everywhere the same.

7. I enabled signatures and cover pictures should be also available for editing in the profile settings.

8. Ah! That's the thing I'll have to look into. :)

9. I'll check this thing as well. Seems like a minor bug.

10. There is a tab Online Users in the Browse section.

11. Well, the color theme of the forum will still be changed in the near future. This whitish default version is temporary, anyway. :)

I like the new interface a lot. To be able to fully enjoy some new features however, the forum should be more active.

I use smiles from Google Keyboard when on phone, works perfectly. (This is from PC, cannot demonstrate...)

On 20/04/2017 at 4:00 PM, BTminBT said:

I like the new interface a lot. To be able to fully enjoy some new features however, the forum should be more active.

I use smiles from Google Keyboard when on phone, works perfectly. (This is from PC, cannot demonstrate...)

Need to correct myself, emojis are not allowed here. Nevermind, sorry.