balance between pvp pve

galvatron

To those who are new to warspear, once upon a time you could use arena and regular gear for pvp and pve. But now, someone from the development team decided to get cute to make pve and pvp gear, and of course everyone doesn't have the time or resource to obtain 2 gears. So here is my question, have anyone experiment a balanced gear of pvp and pve? I strictly talking about armor, not weapons.

If you are talking about something working for both, as it was used to be, there might not be such thing anymore. As you know, the items which are used in arena, start creating problems once you use them in PvE, by decreasing your % of defence. And considering the reversal, any player with enough ferocity would hit you hard without a good resilience equipment.

All I can say, to sum up and answering your question, I'd try to get a PvE set as first items, so that you can start farming and gain gold. And secondly, get a PvP set, if you want one. Do not try to mix these 2 sets. I've seen players not being invited in dungeons because they had some resilience items / Ferocity weapons equipped.

Hopefully I've been clear

No need for balance, you can go for full pve. PvE is huge part of the game and you can always avoid (or atleast try to) pvp.

If you wanna mix tho, some small bits are ok here and there. I have a ap belt with a resil rune

and I'm tanking just fine. Be sure to amp up.

Also regarding splitting the pve & pvp gears, it was a good thing to do :) Because everyone went for AP

equip and didn't care about pve gear, so no! Arena stuff belongs to Arena and pvp. That's how it should be.

But i dislike how op some ppl are with arena stats in pvp.

Maybe you guys are missing my point, we all know if you want to do pve, equip yourself with pve, vice versa with pvp, use arena gear. What is trying to find out if anyone has experiment using both pve and arena gear, to find a balance for both worlds. And im not including arena weapons, those weapons are suicidal for pve.

Edited by galvatron

I answered you already. People with mixed equips get not invited not even in dungeon, cause the party they would like to go with may dislike to fail.

A tank with resi items = totally bad idea. If you have a mix with pvp gears* ( *at least 2 items with resilience runes and resilience bonus as primary statistic ) and pve, and get 6.5k def ( which means 50% of damage absorbed ), you will see your defence higly decreased.

Caster or ranged weapon user with Resi items = not a too bad idea but not advised. They are not tanks, so a mix might even work. Pray only to have a tank with a High IQ with you.