Black Elm and Mechanics

Omercix

Question

Today we tried with 20+ people to kill this shit boss and failed 2 times. When boss hp decreased to 200-300k hp it spams 10 mobs together with 3 wave that means atleast 30 mobs. Of course all the people died in that area but we did not give up and gather all people again to kill it. In the second try we killed that 30+ mobs first then boss hp decreased 400k and it happened again , wow 30 more mobs all together attacking and killing people 1 by 1 , if people in that area were not that much greedy we could kill the mobs and att boss and finish that achievment but all of them wanted the achi and forget to attacks mobs  :aggressive: (IDIOT NOOBS)  Now, I wanted to a good tactic to kill this boss. I write here what I know about this boss, you can help me to find more information and tactics about it.

1- Sometimes boss roots and attacks his own mobs.

2- Some mobs are not attack with others they attack alone , (I noticed some Blackthorns).

3- Different kind of mobs has different kind of buffs and debuffs.

4- Black elm cant be debuffed.

5- Black elm dont have basic attack.

6- Black elm creates red areas for debuff and attack to people.

7- The nearest area around black elm always get red area and root people so melee players must run away and come back otherwise almost constant root.

Once Roland said 1 pt can kill this boss , so I want to know how to do that ? :good:

20 answers to this question

Once Roland said 1 pt can kill this boss , so I want to know how to do that ? :good:

Scrolls, Scrolls, more Revive Scrolls and some HP potion sets. Ah! And don't forget the scrolls! Actually only 1 pt could kill before even with help, now they changed the achievement for all who hits him and stay alive (If Im not mistaken). With 1 pt and a suicide squad its possible ))

Tank stands apart. To the right and slightly below the Elm. More below is a shaman. When the mobs, the tank provoke mobs shaman quickly drags down the tank. The rest of the people calmly kicked mobs.

On stage, when mobs has become too much, we need more shamans. One pulls down when mobs are suitable to the tank, the second shaman pulls to the left. And so on, you can pull the tank so that the mobs did not have time to kill. The main thing that provoked mobs tank before it pulls you next shaman. So shamans play ping-pong tank until the people killing the mobs. main coordinated work.

On Amber 25 minutes we kill Elm and engineer.

Edited by WhiteAlex

Scrolls, Scrolls, more Revive Scrolls and some HP potion sets. Ah! And don't forget the scrolls! Actually only 1 pt could kill before even with help, now they changed the achievement for all who hits him and stay alive (If Im not mistaken). With 1 pt and a suicide squad its possible ))

Also scrolls

Tank stands apart. To the right and slightly below the Elm. More below is a shaman. When the mobs, the tank provoke mobs shaman quickly drags down the tank. The rest of the people calmly kicked mobs.

On stage, when mobs has become too much, we need more shamans. One pulls down when mobs are suitable to the tank, the second shaman pulls to the left. And so on, you can pull the tank so that the mobs did not have time to kill. The main thing that provoked mobs tank before it pulls you next shaman. So shamans play ping-pong tank until the people killing the mobs. main coordinated work.

On Amber 25 minutes we kill Elm and engineer.

Look here 10min they done its not about time  : 1hour or 10min I just wanted achievment , and maybe crit book  :blush:

Edited by Omercix

The achievement is still got by the party who dealt more damage than the others. The other "helpers" do not get the achievement as Completed

@admins I'd highly appreciate to get the official info after all, It'd be hard to search such info now. Well guys, I did read somewhere here a while ago that this would/could be changed not only for 1 party get ach (even if the drop is only for the main party) but I'm in doubt if It was official or only a suggestion.

Edited by Aкasha

@admins I'd highly appreciate to get the official info after all, It'd be hard to search such info now. Well guys, I did read somewhere here a while ago that this would/could be changed not only for 1 party get ach (even if the drop is only for the main party) but I'm in doubt if It was official or only a suggestion.

To get the Black Elm killing achievement, you have to be in the aggro party (the one that gets drop) and you have to survive.

To get the Black Elm killing achievement, you have to be in the aggro party (the one that gets drop) and you have to survive.

Ty dear. Have you ever considered the possibility to open at least the ach for all who hits him and survive? Even for a short period of time in game like during a weekend, I'd be really nice!! Just a suggestion.

Ty dear. Have you ever considered the possibility to open at least the ach for all who hits him and survive? Even for a short period of time in game like during a weekend, I'd be really nice!! Just a suggestion.

Well, I can surely suggest it to game designers, why not. :)

Then, in the location will meet a lot of people and just stand. The more people in the location, the more monsters appear. As a result, Elm will not kill anybody.

Then, in the location will meet a lot of people and just stand. The more people in the location, the more monsters appear. As a result, Elm will not kill anybody.

Please Alex, reread my comment. I was clear that those players should inflict a certain amount of damage on boss and also stay alive untill he has been died. If you have another objection, please let me know. When It was applied to Valdemar's ach, there was no problem in doing so. I have no reasons to think that it wouldn't run pretty fine ))

Edited by Aкasha

Please Alex, reread my comment. I was clear that those players should inflict a certain amount of damage on boss and also stay alive untill he has been died. If you have another objection, please let me know. When It was applied to Valdemar's ach, there was no problem in doing so. I have no reasons to think that it wouldn't run pretty fine ))

The fact that I was convinced in practice - if you do as you want, then people will beat a boss, ignoring the mobs. A boss mechanics is that the more people, the more mobs. Organize different people, from different guilds, and force them to beat the mobs, almost impossible. As a result, everyone will die and die. 

Even in my guild, I was convinced that it would be better the smaller the people were in the location. By the way the more people, the more difficult it will be to see the red squares. The result - death))

Edited by WhiteAlex

The fact that I was convinced in practice - if you do as you want, then people will beat a boss, ignoring the mobs. A boss mechanics is that the more people, the more mobs. Organize different people, from different guilds, and force them to beat the mobs, almost impossible. As a result, everyone will die and die.

Even in my guild, I was convinced that it would be better the smaller the people were in the location. By the way the more people, the more difficult it will be to see the red squares. The result - death))

So let's change the ach for who kill mobs and them a fair amount of players can do it in team work, as in valdemar's ach. I don't see reason to keep it harder than engineer, huh? And I suggested to change the mechanics for one weekend as an "act of mercy" for those who really want to get it, but don't have a top group like DarkEmpire. We are 7 servers with huge differences in terms of economy, guilds, players and so on.. Edited by Aкasha

Elm is now necessary to work out coordinated actions guild. If it is done as Valdemar, mechanics need to change much. Then passing tactical fact disappear. On Valdemar tactics were not. Just the larger the crowd, the faster the victory. Is it fun to play?

Edited by WhiteAlex

Elm is now necessary to work out coordinated actions guild. If it is done as Valdemar, mechanics need to change much. Then passing tactical fact disappear. On Valdemar tactics were not. Just the larger the crowd, the faster the victory. Is it fun to play?

I was not so strict on how the mechanics should work, my point was - make it able for a huge amount of players kill it if working together, as in Valdemar's ach (not necessarily change the mechanics to work iqually) It must to be a developer's issue. If you ask me what I judge fun, you are doing a quite personal question and I'm being much more democratic here than defending a personal wish. I don't think that It must be "fun", ach were made to be completed, not all will be fun. But a boss who requires a f* top party +10 with the best of best equips, scrolls, potions, top guild buff and only specific classes in the game are able to kill, definitely isn't fun for most of those who don't make part of this selected group. Again, for a *short period of time, *they could nerf Elm/mobs or change the mechanics for a open achievement. I don't think they earn most of the profit from scrolls and pots in tries to kill it, they lose nothing making most of players happy.

Edited by Aкasha