Expert skills/Combos

Inocentiu

soo... long question

Let's start with basic skills:

If u want max dmg go 5 fireball 5 time warp 3 stones. But i really suggest to make 5stones bcs best mage skill, good stun.

If u want to do dgs go 5 stones 3 chains (both usefull to progress fast and to prevent ennemies from attacking u), then 5 time warp if u want max AoE (the main reason why mages are liked in dgs) or 5 sun armor if u want good def. or mix both.

My personnal build: 5 stones 5 time warp 3 chains

Then for expert skills:

if u want PvE only, all are good, just take blinding fire and ennoblement last (ennoblement is excellent for arena, but for PvE not so usefull, only few mobs and bosses have skills or poison)

Take blazing ground and frozen bolt first. nice cooldown, good at 1/4, blazing ground got AoE

Then there are three skills worth putting points in: Dragon Eye, Ethereal Barrier and Overload (some disagree with that one, but if im not mistaken it has got 24% chance to work at 4/4, and im sure it's 12 or 24, even 12 not bad)

1)Dragon Eye: increases ur accuracy to 50% for 10/12/14/16s depending on skill lvl. increases ur attack speed by 10/15/20/25% i think? (not sure) for same duration. AND restore mana for every attack!! very nice for dgs so

really great agains mobs who dodge way too much. Especially if u manage to get a lot of cooldown (at least 20%) with Eye 4/4: u can stay almost all time with 50% accuracy and never lack of mana (and some speed too, can be usefull to statistically unleash overload DoT more often).

That means u can completely change ur gears:

-critical on amulet (except for healers i usually think accuracy is better for PvE) and penetration on rings: u never need accuracy any more

-Penetration on rings and critical on belt (u rarely lack of mana, i think if u mana rege on cloack it's enough)

For instance: cooldown staff, hood and shoes, with CD enchant on shoes and hood,+skyfighter belt (belt with cooldown, pene, magic: best belt for farming mage)

with that stuff take cape with mana rege, enchant ring and gloves with pene, belt with crit, and there u go.

This way u can get 50% accuracy all time, ~30% CD (5staff+(5+5)hood+(5+5)shoes+5belt), 20% penetration (5staff+(2.5+2.5)gloves+2.5amulet+2*2.5rings+2.5belt), with enough mana rege and a lot of critical.

Just add rage on armor and life stealth on rings, amulet and cloak, and u got the ultimate PvE mage!

2)Ethereal barrier: block one ennemy attack every 7/5/3 standard attacks done or skills used.

Reduces really much the dmg received in PvE, really good in dgs where mages take a lot of dmg.

Excellent VS high dmg bosses

Dragon Eye attack speed can be usefull to activate it more often

3)Overload: every attack/skill use has a chance to deal magic DoT to the ennemy.

That skill is very very bad known. Even on russian forum i didn't found a lot about it.

What i think i know is:

-tick dmg or/and? tick number increases with skill lvl

-cannot be activated twice on a single target

-chance to activate by attack/skill was 3/6/9/12%, which is really few, but devs sayed it doubled: 6/12/18/24 which is quite good.

if u got DEye that gives u attack speed+some cooldown it is excellent: activates quite often, and with AoE skills it's quite like an AoE DoT, and it doesn't cost mana.

For what i've seen in videos dmg is about same as Blazing Ground (even 1/4), but u can't escape by moving like ground and with good build can activate at least as often.

Personnaly i think i will try it (when i'll be able to...), looks quite like a skill with great potential, with real difference between 1 and 4/4

For combos... In PvE there's not "combos" like in arena, just good builds.

U just need to get enough mana rege, penetration, critical, and a lot of cooldown with DEye or a lot of accuracy. get also Life steal if u are rich

Good luck bro, don't mind to ask more, i think there's a lot to make clear about mages, i love this char, but those thread are often dead and uncomplete. At least that's what i personnaly think.

PS: for those who ask, Alianfarm confirmed that ennoblement duration is at least 7s at lvl 4/4, so u really can cast in arena (dragon eye-2 sec-ennoblement) --buff 50% accuracy and immunity-- fireball-blazing groung-time warp-stones-frozen bolt-chains-fireball-blinding fire --end buff--

2 sec between expert skills, 10 sec min dragon eye, 7sec ennoblement, so timing is ok

u can spam all ur skill + one extra fireball + several standrad attack bcs of DEye attack speed + Overload DoT with some luck.

u are immune to poison and stun, ethereal barrier activates a lot bcs u attack fast so u should survive if an ennemy attacks u, and u end with chains and a small blind, that can be usefull to run away if u didn't manage to kill ur ennemis... bcs u are defenseless after that XD.

PPS: sry for bad english, im a froggie...

Thank you for your answer ! It really helped me a lot . I was thinking about: 5/5 fireball
5/5 shattered stones
3/5 chains
3/3 ethereal barrier
4/4 dragon eye
2/4 blazing ground
1/4 overload

I think this build combined with high CD and lifesteal would be a great dungeon killer and would perform good in PvP too.

Edited by Inocentiu

ty guys good luck for ur builds

Just pls do not rely 100% on what i said, i did my best but i can make some mistakes. I'd like a pro mage to check it.

Do not hesitate to reply whenever u find i said smth wrong or u have some interesting ideas.

And Urscrewed if u build mage, could u pls make videos about it?

I like them :)

Edit: today heard that ennoblement is 3-4-5-6 s only. don't know, haven't tried. But don't know if the combo still works

Edited by Pecleb