Old devs vs New devs?

Djfromhell

So i understand forum has new admin Nihtgale so hello to you hope you read this topic :)

Okey let me lay down what i was thinking about:

So im doing event on snow island and i spam in chat for people to come event but nobody does and we fail it fast.It makes me think why? Why doesnt nobody come to this event? Its not to hard and gives good buffs and chance for vulcano custume.

So i start asking friends why dont you like event? Most of them say because new snow island is bullsh*t.

I ask how?What dont you like?

They say its badly designed,hard to pass if you are not healer,and just has no character to it.

And you know what? I have to agree with them.Snow island is very poorly designed.

Its probably because devs had to rush it and get it out like right after horror event.

But if you think about it horror event was same bad design only it didnt have groups of mobs murdering you all the time.And same was during spring i think we had horror and snow at same time but im not sure of that.

So i turn back to Ayvondil design since is the newest not counting event islands.I study thru Ayvondil map and arenas and i have to say i dont see anything good about it.

Im not talking about bullsh*t progression system on part 1 and part 2 where you gotta do daily quests to go dgs to progress,no im not talking about that,but thats a problem too.

I want to take you long in past (before i played) when map1 was designed for Firstborn and Mountain Clan.You can see in those maps they are designed with care to give player full experiance of arenas,monsters,quests and more.

Then go farther in time when Irselnorth was relesed.

Ahhhh Irselnorth still the best place in the game even thou its 5 years old i think.

Then go little further to Norlant Swamps.

Ahhhh Swamp still the most annoying map in game,yet it still does much better job then all event islands+ayvondil,just because it lets player explore,it lets player figure quests out and its just super unique in design.

Then little further to Astreal Labyrinth.

Ahhhh Lab still makes people fail even thou people have expert skills and bigger lvl now.

Lab is also different design in heavy focus on difficulty,but its not to bad if you have party where people know what they are doing.If you take noob tanks or healers you are doomed to fail.

Lab gave lot of exp and good drops.

Now i can talk on and on why Irselnorth is good but il just say few things.

Rich arenas,good boss drops(for time before ayvondil),best part is Nadir arenas because it gives player that fear element on encountering much stronger player and without res statue they have to be carefull and think where to go,what to do,can i take him on,can i run away.And probably best part of Irselnoth is that you can freely go to enemy faction side and try kill their bosses,troll them and much more.

And now we come to the part where i explain why topic is called Old devs vs New devs?

So i want to know did map devs change in time between relese of Lab and Ayvondil?

They probably did,because that is the only way i can explain why Ayvondil is so different,but different in bad way not good way like Swamp or Lab.

Ayvondil prevents free explore by trying to kill players with status effect for crosing to enemy land???

Ayvondil puts stupidly strong mobs that max lvl have problems with let alone lvl 22 who start doing it.

Ayvondil splits it arenas in non pvp and pvp and thats stupid.

Ayvondil is bad in many ways and no wonder its not very populated like Irselnorth which is 5 years old.

New devs seem to take many wrong turns in designing Ayvondil and it keeps getting worse with event islands.

We dont want liner islands where there is only 1 way to go,we dont want walking all the way to get to end of event or max lvl dg and when we die gotta walk all way back.

Why dont they add more respawn statues?well because if you had one at max lvl dg and end of event then it wont be hard?
Is this the way new devs are thinking???

That is not very good.

Now only way they can make ayvondil right if they do all good things i listed above for its last part.

But judging the size of it its looks to be same bullsh*t as part 3 or 4.And if it happens there is just no hope to bring people on Ayvondil to stay like on Irselnorth and il have to say that Ayvondil was huge waste of time and resurses.Sorry devs its just how it is.You gotta improve to get good results.

I dont think anybody made it to end of this topic but if you did You are awesome!

I just hope devs read this and try to fix mistakes they made and improve the game.

Now that i finish this topic i relize i have to go from start and read it ohhhhh  :facepalm:

Actually I don't think there are so many new devs .-. Since I'm playing it has always been the same or some little changes but not many, and that's about four years. I can understand some of your points and yep, I also loved the Ashcoast a lot as well as the Norlant Swamps, which has always been my favourite map, but I don't think the Snow and Horror maps are designed poorly. Well they used to be different 3 years ago but you know, you have to try new and different things to learn and improve. Maybe it's going to be different the next time

Actually I don't think there are so many new devs .-. Since I'm playing it has always been the same or some little changes but not many, and that's about four years. I can understand some of your points and yep, I also loved the Ashcoast a lot as well as the Norlant Swamps, which has always been my favourite map, but I don't think the Snow and Horror maps are designed poorly. Well they used to be different 3 years ago but you know, you have to try new and different things to learn and improve. Maybe it's going to be different the next time

I agree that they have to try new things because same old stuff gets old rly fast.

Take final fantasy for example:new game is very different then other game but in good way.

But they have to tests islands themselfs and see if they work.I think they have 1 or 2 guys test new island say all good just to get it out and done.

If they put more attention into making new maps i think it can be lot better

Mhm I really find them ok .-. Sure it's not as much fun as the Ashcoast but maybe you have to consider more things. What I personally don't like about Ayvondil is that there is too less playing against your enemies. If you try to attack the other factions town you would die because of the life drain buff anyways xd and you can't even attack your enemies there. Even if there were more pvp zones like on the Ashcoast there would still be a huge lack of players to make it interesting

They said that they would totally remake Ayvondil... but they keep on making new parts of it instead, which is confusing

And yep, this effect in Ayvondil is completely pointless; it probably should be removed as it simply prevents people of both hostile sides from pvp actions

But anyway, Ayvondil needs more content (aside from dungeons) to make pvp actions interesting and common here

Edited by Moonlight

Only way i see Ayvondil remake to work is if they add more pvp arenas and side of island like on irsel so we can have war there.

Because probably best part of Irselnorth is the pvp stuff so il be happy to see it on Ayvondil.

And imagine war in Swamp  :good:

Ayvondil remake?

Pls link the post here if there is one!

Well, I can't link this. And there is no permission to reply to locked topics... so I can copy this post:

"Айвондил ждут большие измнения. Кроме того, что будут открыты остальные части острова, сам остров также будет изменен - мы учли пожелания и сейчас работаем над модификацией острова. Главная цель - сделать остров интересным для всех игроков, как для любителей PvE заданий, так и для PvP бойцов." ©Snorlax

Yep, it's in Russian ;D It says that Ayvondil will be changed... and they also intend to make this island ineresting for both pvp and pve players

Edited by Moonlight

So as far i understand it they said Ayvondil will get changes and that is good but post was made in april 2015 lololol.

Maybe they relese full Ayvondil first before fixing it???

But that makes no sense!

Why relese "broken" and fix it later???

hmmmmmmmm

enjoyed reading your post, well presented etc but you will just end up frustrated, all of that doesn't happen by accident there is a reason so much care is placed at beginning of game then it becomes the miasma that it is..

You are wondering about the mindset behind all this? -it's like this; when i buy mc it is not like PayPal where i might spend my money on something somewhere else, i can only spend it here, yeah? But the game still has to have a pop up message for deals that appears right where the confirm button always is, so that i ACCIDENTALLY press buy while crafting & now the game has just forced me to spend my mc & these people are just gonna say to me now "sry bruh no refunds"

that has probably been the way of things since it began here, what we see these days is just like one of those r'ships where one person doesn't bother to put the effort in anymore & gains 7000 pounds..

anyway, who cares..

bacon

And they said no new classes were planned :(

No need new classes except dev want a "really" big change, which could improve the game or terribly ruin it.

Also I think dev don't wanna trouble with event map design since it's only in game for 1 month not permanently, why put much effort in something that will be gone for  1 month? :blush: 

-but for me spring event have good design, it have solo dungeon(the reward sukc tho) and free pvp place where you don't need drink for every 1 sec, also I love the color of it grass.

-in hallowen at least you need some strategy to complete the dungeon, the dungeon was noob-friendly.Everyone can join as long you have a brain, even healers with +1 arena staff could be invited or full 5 mages with lifesteal also could complete it.

-in snow the design of dungeon return to where amps are matter, that's why it's harder to find pt in snow cuz less people.

Haha I agreed, when you in Ayvondil it's looks like you play offline game(same as 1st map). It's too big to play and too lonely to play. Devs need to attract new player, if there are ton of players then everywhere can be warzone. Maybe devs need to reduce 1st maps' difficulty, it were incredibly hard and not everyone could survive.

4,5 stars for this topic due to your Initiative to connect the developers with real feedback from players and make them confront themselves.  ! -0,5 star for your "bullsh*t" term, Ayvoldil one of the most beautiful maps in graffic, in spite of the design of the maps is not that good. I found the 2016 infographic quite surprising, but I don't really know if the game is really still on the rise as 2014 when the BR server has been releazed. Quantitatively it's possible, yes, but I doubt if the balance between investment x customer satisfaction is correct, I particularly enter the game and I see many players complaining much much more than the ordinary, this is NOT normal guys! I've never seen the company doing a survey of costumer satisfaction with filtered data and calculated on the feedback of the players, I'm talking about something objective and professional to a rational resolution based on quality data and non-intuitive of the problem! And if in fact this has to do with a developer, this will be pointed out in the data presented. AIgrind has a great team, but nobody is perfect and you do can learn a lot by listening to the players, if that is done correctly. 

Edited by Aкasha

So everything that seems to be wrong is due to nostalgia and should be swallowed throat down? My point is other anyway.. a market research is still one valuable base of knowledge that must be considered in any case for a great company.

So everything that seems to be wrong is due to nostalgia and should be swallowed throat down? My point is other anyway.. a market research is still one valuable base of knowledge that must be considered in any case for a great company.

but this post is actually a piece of nostalgia.

It's impossible to make something that will be appreciated be every player without exception.

It's also impossible to follow ALL the players' suggestions, like it's impossible to write a book and make a movie based just on some opinions on the Internet.

We're authors and creators, we're designers and programmers, we have our vision too, don't forger about it.

And we make a lot changes to our game after forum discussions, but content production is not the same thing.

You have your right to dislike (or even hate) our content, but it doesn't make this content bad, that's my point.

We made this mentioned late-game content really difficult, because it's meant to be for high-level players. And what I see in this post? THIS IS STUPID THIS IS BAD EVERYTHING IS WAS COOL A LOOONG TIME AGO PEPPERIDGE FARM REMEMBERS.

It's not serious, it's just whining.

Every piece of criticism should be followed by some constructive amendments, alternative suggestions and ideas. I can see nothing of this in the post, that's why I call it whining.

Every piece of criticism should be followed by some constructive amendments, alternative suggestions and ideas. I can see nothing of this in the post, that's why I call it whining.

Agree, and here we have the market research that I have never seen, which 1 value for many forum suggestions, when its collected by a sufficient part to presume the majority and not some players. Targeted at the main points to be discussed or even to find out what needs to be worked, filtered, and analyzed by data that aren't just personal opinions. If there is no market research, how do you know how many players are satisfied or not? If that corresponds to 1% or 99%? This is just my point.

I understand your point correctly now, mine however, has nothing to do with the player's personal opinion, just about my overview of how you guys may work to improve the game in a way in which you may have accurate feedbacks and then decide if you want fit or not to the suggestions. Forum suggestion are also made by only some playes if compared to the whole amount of costumers. 

Agree, and here we have the market research that I have never seen, which 1 value for many forum suggestions, when its collected by a sufficient part to presume the majority and not some players. Targeted at the main points to be discussed or even to find out what needs to be worked, filtered, and analyzed by data that aren't just personal opinions. If there is no market research, how do you know how many players are satisfied or not? If that corresponds to 1% or 99%? This is just my point.

I understand your point correctly now, mine however, has nothing to do with the player's personal opinion, just about my overview of how you guys may work to improve the game in a way in which you may have accurate feedbacks and then decide if you want fit or not to the suggestions. Forum suggestion are also made by only some playes if compared to the whole amount of costumers. 

oh, sorry, I was just talking about the opening post.

Your point about marketing research is totally taken, it's still hard to organize our playing audience to get the mentioned data, it would be very interesting.

Our analytics is based on certain statistics, but your point is so much bigger from my perspective, but not to be discussed in this topic :)

I feel Irselnot will always be the central hub of Warspear no matter how many maps are released in the future. Ppl lvlup, do dgs and come back home to Irselnot

been posting in suggestion forum for a coupla weeks, tried to go into detail & explain most of it..

I buy coin so i'll speak freely..

..it's always about not being able to get what ya want, and ya only have to give people what they want to see 'em get bored 10 minutes later, yeah? -it's about struggle, but the way yer makin' the terrain damage people over there in bumville & makin' the events difficult is just the wrong way to go about it, an' what i'm sayin' is true or ya wouldn't have had to tone down some o' those dungeon bosses, there's some nostalgia for ya

I'm not sure what you expect of a winter event, poorly designed and has no character.

Like wot? Even that it's just a snow covered isle is enough lmao.

Also, the devs made it pretty clear to not travel alone there.

But Ayvondil is really a different topic. :/ I respect the developers and their decisions,

but for a game dev team the progress is somewhat slow. Ayvo parts are comming

out slow. While the campain there is nice, the progress is narrow. Ayvo should

have been released full at once, after completing maliat you'd have the option

to go questing in any of the other parts. It'd feel more free. I guess they are giving

us time to gather up stuff before the level cup is increased.

Also, it's just awful how everybody complains about the mobs in ayvo. THEY ARE

MEANT FOR YOUR LEVEL!!!!!!! You only think they're op because you had no

issues with your mobs in Irselnort meant for low levels.

Fighting them is equal to how you fought back then when you were level 12-16+...

Edited by Raezer

Good old nostalgia whining, pleasure for my eyes, just like always.

Whining is when somebody cries when something is not how they like it.

In my post i presented personal opinion and opinion of many other players just find event islands and ayvondil not fun enough.

Its not fun to be destroyed by super strong mobs!

Its not fun be have very linear progression in mmorpg!

Its not fun to have limited pvp arenas in game where you have enemy factions!

Now i guess when you read this you think OH look more whining,i want you to understand its not the case.

Me and my friends wont stop playing the game because of this,infact i do spend lot of time on Ayvondil,its just the case of poining out things players that are me,my friends and most of community find NOT FUN.

And why do we play games? To have fun!

Now you may think i say Ayvondil is not fun,and you miss the point again.I just say it could be lot more fun with little improvements.

I saw a comment saying that Ayvondil feels like Single Player campain and its not rly the case but close to it.

Now see this:

i love single players game,probably most favorite games are single players.

But the deal with Ayvondil is part 1 and part 2 feel very single player (except 1 quest satrap and ponti),while part 3 and part 4 focus so much on strong mobs that you can not play single player you need other people with you.

Wouldnt be nice to have single/multi player experiance on whole ayvondil.It probably would.

Now dont take this as more whining pls because its not the case :) 

You can see i posted in discusion not in suggestion part because i would like to be talked over not brushed aside like another guy saying HEY FIX THIS,HEY FIX THAT!

We are all friends here,we all play this game,and we all want best for it.

I understand not everybody have same ideas,not everybody thinks the same because people are different and thats why focus should be to find just the right balance for as many players as possible.I understand it will be hard,but i say again community is very important when developing a game because they are doing the most playing.

Take armored warfare and world of tanks as quick example.

So people have many problems in world of tanks cinsidering arty,light tanks,mediums,gold ammo and more.

Now armored warfare takes all that world of tanks players dont like and throws it all aways.

And still people find things in armored warfare they dont like and then same problem is up again.

Im not saying we need all "fixed" the way i want because if we look at it who am i to say you what to do with the game.

But different opinions do matter and its something that should be just throwed away. 

Take armored warfare and world of tanks as quick example.

oh, ok, the biggest and the richest company in former USSR to compare with a small regional developer. Good point!

Edited by r0land

Good old nostalgia whining, pleasure for my eyes, just like always.

You guys should create another server with v3.x of Warspear, that I would play forever... New WS will die soon if you guys keep going this way, just my opinion.. :)

Edited by Afatoldman

You guys should create another server with v3.x of Warspear, that I would play forever... New WS will die soon if you guys keep going this way, just my opinion.. :)

hearing this story about dying for about 4 years now, ok, we got it :)

hearing this story about dying for about 4 years now, ok, we got it :)

:) is good to know you guys hear only what you want :) don't be surprised how the community will hear only what they want :)

:) is good to know you guys hear only what you want :) don't be surprised how the community will hear only what they want :)

that's simply not true. But there are community words wishing us dying every time they don't like something.

I'm really glad, that we have much more cool and awesome guys than those deathwishers.

These guys know, that we are open for any discussion regarding our game.

that's simply not true. But there are community words wishing us dying every time they don't like something.

I'm really glad, that we have much more cool and awesome guys than those deathwishers.

These guys know, that we are open for any discussion regarding our game.

People don't hate unless you give them a reason to, so think about all those situations in which you guys, I'm not talking about you I'm speaking in general, abused your power unbalanced things didn't reply or helped a player who needed your help and support and you will realise I am right. But hey, why would anyone listen to us or treat us fair anyway (talking about my +10 banned account for simply asking a question)? :) 

It doesnt matter if you are very big or very small company because developing games is what you both do.

And if or your company think you should not be put in same sentance as wargaming or obsidian then you rly need some confidance boost.

Every company starts small.

Wargaming was Aigrind at one point and look where they are at now.

talking about my +10 banned account for simply asking a question

cool story :) (why not to contact our support team to learn the real reason?)

It doesnt matter if you are very big or very small company because developing games is what you both do.

it matters in our world. Wargaming was twice as big from the beginning with more simple concept (one platform, battle arena with several players etc.)

But we have our plan like they do. They wanted their game about tanks, not another stupid fantasy or moba, but real tanks. It worked.

The same with Obsidian, they are making tru oldschool single player RPGs, not very popular choice during the age of Witcher and Dark Souls, but they still do their way.

Our plan is working too, despite every time there's a player trying to prove different. It's just important to adapt to our plan, it's not impossible.

Who don't love remembering good old memories?  :unknw: and since when it become whining? whining is when you over complain to something

I myself playing Warspear because the graphics remind me good old game memories lol 

Warspears is simply unique and amazing, I like its concept and developers are doing just fine, just because you don't like a thing or two, it doesn't mean game is going to die. I just wish they will add confirmation message in pop up miracle coin items, you don't want your customers to buy items by mistake, it shows the game quality if I've to compare it with clash of clans or other popular games, I think this is necessary. I've been playing Warspears for 3 years, there are always overpowered classes sometimes druid, sometimes necromancer but developers are always listening to players and nerfing classes, they're doing their best and we shouldn't be so rude. Warspears isn't going to die, and I hope one day it will have 100m downloads on playstore :)

Is there any point in arguing about development choices, whether they were poor or not?

In the end it's the developers' source of income, so you'd think they try their best to keep the game fun and interesting for the majority. If they fail to do that, it's their problem. If you don't like where the game is going, what's stopping you from leaving it forever?