My Profile's background

Higgings

I've seen lately many profiles in the forum which have nice images on their profile background. I decided to put one too, but the image always results as really small. Someone can help me to clarify the size of the image needed to cover my profile's background?

Thank you :blush:

The image's resolution depends on your own preferences. How it looks in your profile, however, depends on the screen it's viewed on. For example, if your background image is 640x480, it will show up in the top-left corner on a 1920x1080 display. In other words, it doesn't stretch.

You can tile the image in the settings but that's good for patterns only, as it says there too.

Edited by Ninja Owl

I'd like the imagine to cover the whole background of my profile. I'd just need to know the size that allows me to do it. :)

@Ninjaowl I have a new artistic challenge, let me know me if you feel interest. @Higgings I suggest you look for wallpapers, then chose one that you like. Usually they fit well.

Hello akasha. Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunatly I have tried to use a wallpaper, but it seems they were too little, even if they had a quite large size.

EDIT: Perhaps I've found something. Let's hope it fits well.

*Crossed Fingers*

Edited by Higgings

Let me show you how this works:

I have a picture from Google. It's resolution is 800x600. Here is how it looks on a display with the same resolution:

SePpgWG.png

Now, here is the same background with 1920x1080 resolution display:

q1gaE7h.png

So basically, until we get stretching background images your best bet is to have an image that's as large as possible.

Edited by Ninja Owl