Warspear is only resilience and ferocity

Maggot666

I think warspear was better before than now, because people made their build according with their classes. Now, people only want to have dmg, resilience, ferocity and life steal forgetting other attributes. 

I have a idea to solve this

When people buy the new arena sets they will have 2 basic attributes: physical def and resilience. And the other attributes, the players can decide what its better for them. I think hp is not useful for rogue/ranger like dodge, but there are only arena sets with hp. Hp is good for tankers who need to tank a lot of dmg. 

Another thing I want to talk about is daggers bows and sword. I play in BR tourmaline and  i dont now about another servers, but in the game bows daggers and swords  are forgotten, and for this I think you can icrease their dmg or their speed for the players start to use them. 

Sorry if there is any grammar error in this topic because Im not a expert. Thanks for attention and have a good game

Hi dear!

First, I'd like to remember you that we (Brazilians) have an awesome topic "Sugestões de melhorias para o jogo" - here. And there you may find answer for your questions and total support in your native language, which not often happens here. About bows and daggers..I understand what you mean. In fact this itens without an appropriate set don't reach speed enough to be useful in PvP (more dps in short time) and a normal pvp player doesn't use less than 30% resi, what confuse some players about this issue. You must understand that attributes of arena have a purpose, being calculated and tested several times by devs. However, not all items have been created for PvP, but also for PvE. You should build your best set according to your goals in game, not the opposite. Paladin, barbarian, dk, bd... all of them have different weapons too, and they test and use which they judge better and not all items will fit so well for all goals. There is nothing wrong, this is how WS works.

If you're interested in builds using daggers and bows for PvP, you may ask old players from amber, topaz..who have experience to guide you. there is a guide (rogue), It's old but you're able to find some informations about skills here. Don't forget to consider the changes after the updates.

He has a point though, Life Steal and Ferocity was a bad invention and destroyed stats and skill playing a lot :/ As well as the ability to use axes for Rogues and Bds.

(Ain't the only one saying that)

@Maggott666 If I understood you correctly, you would rather have arena gear for the certain classes which supports their strength and skills e.g. as you said for rogues, dodge?

Edited by Julie

Agreed, rather than fero and resil there should have been ap armor that just has

an intresting stat mix, or weapons. I also don't get why stats differ between levels.

There should be a full stat range for each kind of equipment for each level.

Swords and daggers? They could use upgrades, maybe.

He has a point though, Life Steal and Ferocity was a bad invention and destroyed stats and skill playing a lot :/ As well as the ability to use axes for Rogues and Bds.

Axe update was dumbsauce.

I remember when resilience started becoming popular, people had same feelings there too..

I've been thinking about that for a while now and you just mentioned everything I had in my head.

Ferocity and Resi are all good and fine. BUT, add more gears. I mean from each type of set 1-3 variants, at the moment we have only 1 set of each armor type in Arena shop, but like what OP said, there is no choice, it'd be really important to add the other stats like cooldown, speed, dodge, parry, block, and you name it, to different arena sets. Like, all PvP builds are the same... No variation; it's a really a strong weakness in the game. I don't think it is too hard to copy and paste items with changing stats.

Kinda same with weapons, all arena weapons have the same stats. Make 2-3 copy of each weapon and give each one a different stat. It would really help to add more choice to the gear selection. Keep resi and fero, no problems then.

Same also with non-arena gears. Though we seem to have enough weapons with enough variability, especially with holiday events' weapons. But not enough armors. We have only 1 set of each type in craft, only 1 set of each type in Ayvondil dungs, only 1 outdated heroic kronus set.

More options please, also when are devs gonna finally decide to add CC gears? Like, those are supposed to be updated with each level cap, why are devs dumbing on CC. Also craft gears look so dominant, I mean, ideally, everyone's "dream" PvE set is the SAME craft set. If there is a decent heroic set in CC shops (Again, there should be 2 or more sets of each type), and good couple of sets of each armor that can drop in dungeons, there would be more choices. Also I'd like to see even more variable craft sets, why not?

More gears can harm no one, I suppose. It's good for all, if you know what I mean.

The thing with daggers and swords I had also in mind, most BDs and Rogues are using axes, I think they should be either slower or have less damage. Axes already have the advantage, that skills deal more damage. Another lack of options.

I've been thinking about that for a while now and you just mentioned everything I had in my head.

Ferocity and Resi are all good and fine. BUT, add more gears. I mean from each type of set 1-3 variants, at the moment we have only 1 set of each armor type in Arena shop, but like what OP said, there is no choice, it'd be really important to add the other stats like cooldown, speed, dodge, parry, block, and you name it, to different arena sets. Like, all PvP builds are the same... No variation; it's a really a strong weakness in the game. I don't think it is too hard to copy and paste items with changing stats.

Kinda same with weapons, all arena weapons have the same stats. Make 2-3 copy of each weapon and give each one a different stat. It would really help to add more choice to the gear selection. Keep resi and fero, no problems then.

Same also with non-arena gears. Though we seem to have enough weapons with enough variability, especially with holiday events' weapons. But not enough armors. We have only 1 set of each type in craft, only 1 set of each type in Ayvondil dungs, only 1 outdated heroic kronus set.

More options please, also when are devs gonna finally decide to add CC gears? Like, those are supposed to be updated with each level cap, why are devs dumbing on CC. Also craft gears look so dominant, I mean, ideally, everyone's "dream" PvE set is the SAME craft set. If there is a decent heroic set in CC shops (Again, there should be 2 or more sets of each type), and good couple of sets of each armor that can drop in dungeons, there would be more choices. Also I'd like to see even more variable craft sets, why not?

More gears can harm no one, I suppose. It's good for all, if you know what I mean.

The thing with daggers and swords I had also in mind, most BDs and Rogues are using axes, I think they should be either slower or have less damage. Axes already have the advantage, that skills deal more damage. Another lack of options.

I'd also like to see weapon skills/traits implented. Like, daggers would boost skills cd. And also some

re-working. 2h maces and axes should hit harder than spears, spears should have, rather than more damage, a 1 yard distance attack. They are long range weapons after all, then again they could be slow

so it doesn't only have pluses.

cooldown, dodge, block, speed ..even added in the same percentage, produce totally different results (unbalance), young grasshoppers! It's not simple this way! I hope to see a list of classes and such new attributes suggested, I can't wait to see locks using cooldown in gloves and vest and barbarians using block in whole set, hoho  :lol:

cooldown, dodge, block, speed ..even added in the same percentage, produce totally different results (unbalance), young grasshoppers! It's not simple this way! I hope to see a list of classes and such new attributes suggested, I can't wait to see locks using cooldown in gloves and vest and barbarians using block in whole set, hoho :lol:

We just want variety. Stats that never existed in gloves don't have to appear there.

hoho

Edited by Raezer

The guy has suggested "have 2 basic attributes: physical def and resilience. And the other attributes, the players can decide what its better for them", this is impossible. Then, assuming your logic, we'd have new sets like these:

heavy = def+hp+resi+parry

heavy = def+hp+resi+block  

without critical/accuracy? supposed to be an arena set? are you kidding me? xD 

lightweight = def+dodge+resi+critical

lightweight = def+parry+resi+critical    

lightweight = def+speed+resi+accuracy/critical

lightweight = def+lifesteal+resi+critical

without HP? doesn't work against healers full cd, also they would die easy x classes full hp+stun

cloth = def+cd+resi+critical

cloth = def+cd+resi+ mp reg.

coth= def+energy+resi+magic power  

cloth = def+lifesteal+resi+magic power  

without HP and critical? crazy, exepct for locks and druids, who would rule the game. 

Guys, my point is: once again, PvE and PvP are different systems and you seem confuse abou that, believe me, currently we've the best attributes and the skills were balanced 2 updates ago. All classes are pretty able to have and excellent performance even 1x1 with the correct build+strategy, unfortunately some don't dominate the class in which they play and blame it on other issues. 

Why are you forcing a single set to players? The suggestion here is about having different sets, and players have the decision between stats of different sets. If you don't need HP you can mix it up.

And of course, it's not like put all stats in one glove, gloves for example have 4 different potentials

Def/resi/crit/pene

Def/resi/accu/pene

Def/resi/hp/pene

Def/resi/hp accu

Armors also have a lot of possibilities:

Def/resi/hp/block

Def/resi/dodge/crit

Def/resi/hp/crit

Def/resi/hp/mana

Etc..

You can mix your own build, and maybe we have some different sets used by players.

And yes, I forgot about 2handed wpns, they don't get any attention at all, even Barbs go for spears or 1h builds.

They need some buff, more hit speed or +1 tile range is pretty reasonable.

Edited by Gladiator

The topic is about arena set, you've introduced your own idea about non-arena gears, cc and craft. Is it clear? So, knowing the possibilities we have in arena sets, I just asked a list of all new combinations to check if this will be reasonable or absurd. I've already showed how It doesn't work, now I want to see how it could work. If technically reasonable and fair, alright. And I totally agree with you about new pve sets;  

You showed that it doesn't work for you, you like to have max HP, you go for the current sets. You gave your opinion about not having HP in the set, you have the choice to get the HP ones.

Other people want a different stat build, you need to understand that having only 1 set is kinda bad for a MMORPG.

The same case in non-arena gears, why don't we have an a heavy craft armor with block? Why no helmet with parry? Why do boots always come with dodge? Doesn't making different sets make sense at this point? People who want to be good at PvE are bound to use craft gears at the moment, and there are no enough variety in them. And what's "absurd" in adding updated CC gears?

Of course it doesn't make sense also that you can put the stats you want into the item. Devs can create full ready items, and players choose. I'm just supporting the idea of variety and I don't know why you are opposing it, like, better game? No?

Edited by Gladiator

She's talking about arena sets, and I appreciate that you agreed with us on pve sets, but how do the sets you

described not work? We can MIX the pieces together, not have a full set without hp or whatever.

Looking at every single player having the same PvP set and weapon is depressing for a game.

The suggestion is simple: For the next version of Arena sets, add 2 more sets to the ones with the current repeated stats. So we have 1 set with the same current stats, 1 set for tankier version, 1 set for more of an offensive one.

So Rangers/Rogues get to choose between HP+accu/crit or dodge+pene/speed for example, or mix of course.

Tanks get to choose HP+accu/crit or HP +Block/Parry.

Of course those are just examples, we have many stats and the stats that are used in Arena sets are only 2, crit and accu. Where is dodge/speed/pene/block/parry/mana? Devs can surely mix up stats to make a second verion of the gears of each armor type.

General Considerations:

Make a perfect player for both PVP and PVE is impossible....becouse you can have 2 set of gears build for different game mode (for pvp with full resi and ferocity etc etc)...but......if you chose a skill build for PVP you have many limit's for PVE. 

You showed that it doesn't work for you, you like to have max HP, you go for the current sets. You gave your opinion about not having HP in the set, you have the choice to get the HP ones. Other people want a different stat build, you need to understand that having only 1 set is kinda bad for a MMORPG.

Again, show us the combinations you judge reasonable and devs will think about. I showed that when you replace an attribute in the current arena set, you lose another, and in those combinations produce an unbalanced chain. I mean, there would be tankers without critical or without hp and classes stun with full cooldown and so on.. avoiding absurd combiantions, everything okay for me. Isn't my business to judge the build of any player.

The same case in non-arena gears, why don't we have an a heavy craft armor with block? Why no helmet with parry? Why do boots always come with dodge? Doesn't making different sets make sense at this point? People who want to be good at PvE are bound to use craft gears at the moment, and there are no enough variety in them. And what's "absurd" in adding updated CC gears?

no, you misunderstood, I agree with all that you said about cc and craft inclusively. and there will be.

Of course it doesn't make sense also that you can put the stats you want into the item. Devs can create full ready items, and players choose. I'm just supporting the idea of variety and I don't know why you are opposing it, like, better game? No?

I'm not opposing, I only disapprove when people speak of attributes as they were runes and crystals which is "simply replace and let's be happy". They're added in same percentage but we know well that the same percentage of "block" is better than "parry" which doesn't work well agains't all classes and so on... cooldown, speed, prenetration ... each attribute has completely different results and I haven't seen nobody talk about that here.

She's talking about arena sets, and I appreciate that you agreed with us on pve sets, but how do the sets you

described not work? We can MIX the pieces together, not have a full set without hp or whatever.

I'm sorry, mechanically it works, my first thought was mix pieces as well, in my shaman to mix cd/hp would be perfect, but when you mix many things you don't have the effective performance in classes like rogues/rangers. In addition to this, I showed some points about what happens when we replace some attributes. I suppose we're talking about better changes and I only speak about attributes to win pvp in the current system and my lowly knowledge about some classes that I've played, I don't to speak about hypothesis .. 

Yes for attribute variety. And build variety. While i think some things that you could make would be kinda op. Let's say for example: bd with arena gear that has resi hp dodge and a enlightment build would be broken as hell. Of course dodge would not be added to the gloves and helms as it wouldn't make sense to add attributes to equipment slots that they have never been a part of. However i'd like a option between let's say arena boots  with hp/dodge/energy/crit/mreg/att spd for heavy class.

If you think some attribute in your arena set is useless, you're doing it wrong.

It's neither right or wrong, it's a different point of view and just because you are convinced of something it doesn't make it automatically right to everyone..

It's not a system, just 2 or more different sets instead of 1.

Arena rewards are pretty much another thing, those gears we're talking about are usable by all players, while those ,who try to get arena rewards, decided to do so on their own, and they already get a stat bonus advantage. It's not the same case.

arena set and its attributes are a "combination of things or parts forming a unitary whole: ", system. aren't top arena players the most interested in the best set Pvp? oah.. :mellow:

It feels like you didn't even bother to read Glad's reply.

It feels like you didn't even bother to read Glad's reply.

when you don't even bother to read someone's reply, I ignore. he's a smart guy honestly I'm interested in reading his pov. otherwise I wouldn't confront his ideas to know more about his arguments. I'm a top arena player, in my opinion, it's scaring to treat me as "pretty much another thing", Idk if he's a top arena player. Sinceraly, don't suggest a solution for those who take pvp seriously in game isn't respectful. after all, we've been speding coins and time especially for this, no? 

Ummm, one does not simply decides if someone is top arena player because he wins Arena Seasons. That is definitely different. I'm not sure, but spamming with lose pts doesn't decide top player.

Ummm, one does not simply decides if someone is top arena player because he wins Arena Seasons. That is definitely different. I'm not sure, but spamming with lose pts doesn't decide top player.

I thought we were talking about the main topic and not your opinion about which criteria decide top arena players. the word "top" suggest "the highest in position, rank or degree", therefore, winner of the arena season. If you're feeling offended because you don't know what it means, isn't my fault and I'm sad that you got it wrong. In addition, If you want to argue about adding new attributes in arena set and avoid talking about season arena set reward because "they already get a stat bonus advantage" and for this they're "another thing" (what?), it doesn't make any sense according to the logic of the game. It becomes easier to implement something when devs have solutions/answers for the questions

Edited by Majestrix

• 2 weeks later...

@Maggott666 If I understood you correctly, you would rather have arena gear for the certain classes which supports their strength and skills e.g. as you said for rogues, dodge?

yes