A seasonal server

Ikafati

When BR-Tourmaline server was freshly opened up, the upcoming month was amazing, probably as good as when I started out the game. Fresh server, new start for everyone, nobody was high level, caving everyone's faces in. What if we could experience that once more? Again, a new server, except it would reset every X months. Basically, if you want to get something, go hunting. Obviously, if anyone will decide to amp, they are free to do so, but the point is, everyone is pretty equal. Every drop will be way more unique, since probably nobody has it yet. You also won't be pretty much locked to the same character, since you can simply start anew together with everyone after the reset. I guess people could be encouraged by being given some kind of rewards when reaching specific milestones, similarly to when BR-Tourmaline server was opened. I can also see older players returning. because as I mentioned earlier, everyone will start anew together with them, pretty much just like back then when they began playing. Obviously, the server might not be very popular or profitable, but experiencing nostalgia again would be pretty sweet

I think that's a great idea. Definitely a great reason to pick this game up again.

Although, we must consider AiGrind, and the fact that this would make them lose money.

Here are things I'd try (one, or two at most, not all of them at once):

- one season lasts only 1-4 weeks, and new one launches every 1-3 months, so we have to go back to regular servers (I personally remember that I kept playing for a month or two longer after the "fun" period ended, so there's that)

- make it pay2play (like the good old times), could reward best players with free codes for next season

- some sort of transfer system? transfer your characters to regular servers after season ends, or ability to transfer 1-2 items to next season

- reduced prices for MC items to encourage buying cosmetics that'll soon expire

Server itself could use heightened drop and mob respawn rates, maybe doubled arena/dungeon entrance limit, general QoL changes to make gameplay on such server more dynamic and user-friendly.

Well yeah, since it wouldn't be played by many, why not make it world wide server.

But the problem is, if that server would last only few weeks and then restart, then there will be almost no progress each time, we all know slow it is to develop in the game. Having some kind of connection between the following launches is a good idea to fasten the progress in this short time.

But I definitely like the overall idea.

It sounds like a really good idea.

To make it a competition I would suggest to remove miracle shop and make everything available for gold or arena points so therefore its not about who buys most miracle coins but who plays the best. 

The thing is why would Aigrind be interested in doing that since they will not get any money from it.

Let's be fair, running the server needs money (I think?), so having the Mshop isn't that bad imo.

I agree it requires money to run a server but having the Mshop would break the purpose of the seasonal server. 

In this game, paying user ALLWAYS beats non-paying user. So the competition on that server would be who pays more. I wouldnt play that.

Edited by Mercurry

As for the characters, I guess it could have a similar system to Path of Exile - characters, that were created in the league server would be transferred to a standard server of player's choosing. You could keep playing, but all the rules for your character would be defaulted (given that the seasonal server would have any unique rules to begin with, like, double XP)

Well yeah, since it wouldn't be played by many, why not make it world wide server.

But the problem is, if that server would last only few weeks and then restart, then there will be almost no progress each time, we all know slow it is to develop in the game. Having some kind of connection between the following launches is a good idea to fasten the progress in this short time.

But I definitely like the overall idea.

+1