My Story (if anyone cares)

Mecha

I am not Vietnamese or European. Im from Puerto Rico, a Caribbean island (first language Spanish, but USA territory). Moved to Philadelphia, Pa, USA in 1998.

Anyways, since I first played the original Legend of Zelda, at age 4, I fell in love with rpgs.

Ive always wanted to play an mmorpg, but warspear was my FIRST. I saw it on android market, at v0.7 on April 2011.

I was gonna start on US-Sapphire, but accidentally chose EU. After I noticed, I didnt care bc it was still mostly English language.

I chose firstborns, even tho mcs seemed cool as well.

I chose bd (yes, my original was bd) bc of 2 1h swords. I even got my gf into warspear. She started about a week after I did. She also chose bd.

as I leveled to rank2  :yahoo: I saw druids use lightning bolt. I came to a dilemma. Same as other rpgs.

Swords are my fav weapons, but lightning has ALWAYS been my top fav element. However, like most rpgs, swords and magic dont combine. But I kept hope. I kept leveling up and always picked gear that had "lightning" stat (the old  "moon magic"), in hopes that I would at some level gain a lightning dmg skill (I didnt know about forum yet :wacko: )

I got all the way to somarra village (rank4) and my gf got bored with her quests at rank3, and wandered to make another char, mc. She didnt know about servers having different languages, and chose VN.. she made a barb. I saw this as my chance to start new, so I chose shaman for "lightning" stat  ;D ;D ;D

I kinda didnt want to play in VN, bc of language barrier, but I said duck it, "we help each other"

We struggled, but we made it to finish both islands. A few ppl spoke english. And a few did help us. But some players were mean and didnt help, just watched us struggle, speaking to each other in viet and putting the laughing smilie. they didnt speak English, but they could say "f■■k your mother"

I wanted a lv13staff so badly. They wouldnt sell to me for gold. They wanted $20 USD!!!

After the v1.5 update, I made a new char on each class just to look at the new skills. One time, Accidentally, I deleted the wrong char.. my ORIGINAL BD. I WAS MAD.

I kept playing my shaman, got tired of never being able to hunt. Very few ppl plus language barrier. I barely ever got invited to a pt. This really pissed me off once lab update came, v2.6. Many players getting many drops and I could barely get invited to lab. Thats when I decided to go back to EU. Since I had to start overrrrrrr, I wasnt gonna start as bd again after I lost my original bd with the original huge bag space and was lv13. So I picked druid, not for heal skill... for lightning  :rofl:

I would like to thank those who were nice and helped me and my gf in vn:

Smallville, Kiemtham, Laura, Babytiger 

• 2 weeks later...

nice story... :good:

lucky u not play at russ server ;D more pain ass there.

yah  .. great story why u not submit this on best story competition last2x mos?  ;) . u may win  ;D

agree russ server such a pain.. my bd still on lvl8. all boss quest not yet complete  :bad:

• 1 year later...

so, many months later, here I am with 6 lvl 20 chars, a few lower levels, and still have that lv18 Shaman on Pearl

I dont spend enough mcoins to where I could amp all my chars and all their gears, so I usually stop at +6-+7.

I met many people and challenges, learned a lot of new things, and discovered the way some people truly are on the inside.

Some are loyal and honest, others pretend to be.

in the midst of all the chaos and drama, I catapulted myself almost to the top of the warspear hate list. Im aware a lot of folks dont like me.

I tried to help out someone, trying to get them what I thought they wanted,  not knowing they had a hidden agenda. And even though I played my part, not everything "I" said was actually said by "me"

no point in going into details. The past is the past. And I am grateful that now I see the warspear community from a bird's-eye-view :drinks:

I have nothing personal against anyone, even tho there are some players who have lost my respect.

and I dont expect anyone to come sucking up to me. I am a human being and I dont expect to be perfect. But if anyone is to judge me, it would be "god" as they say.

-Respect

nice story hehhe  :)

my first character was a rogue. i found this game looking for new apps for my new phone,  and i made a rogue on a dead server. almost no people was playing it and i rarely saw player with a lvl higher than 14.

after i reached lvl 9, i bought an armor lvl 9 and after trying to amp it and loosing it, i got angry and deleted that rogue, made a new account and started ranger on US  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

well here it is, and here I am. I now have an army of lv20 Mechas, have gotten better at this game, made some new friends, and enemies as well. its been a rocky ride, as each update came with downsides, and lots of old players have left the game and been replaced with account traders/scammers. its certainly not the same as it was when I started. I am thankful for the few friends I have made, for its quality that matters, not quantity.

Just today I accidentally found out some very "interesting" information, that would get a handful of people banned. But instead of reviving old dramas, I would rather move on and keep looking forward. As a mod, I cant let personal feelings taint my judgement, and I cant afford to hold on to grudges. I must break free from these "illusionary chains". So with this, I say let the past remain where it belongs, and live for a brighter future.

peace to all, and thanks for reading.

I am not Vietnamese or European. Im from Puerto Rico, a Caribbean island (first language Spanish, but USA territory). Moved to Philadelphia, Pa, USA in 1998.

Anyways, since I first played the original Legend of Zelda, at age 4, I fell in love with rpgs.

Ive always wanted to play an mmorpg, but warspear was my FIRST. I saw it on android market, at v0.7 on April 2011.

I was gonna start on US-Sapphire, but accidentally chose EU. After I noticed, I didnt care bc it was still mostly English language.

I chose firstborns, even tho mcs seemed cool as well.

I chose bd (yes, my original was bd) bc of 2 1h swords. I even got my gf into warspear. She started about a week after I did. She also chose bd.

as I leveled to rank2  :yahoo: I saw druids use lightning bolt. I came to a dilemma. Same as other rpgs.

Swords are my fav weapons, but lightning has ALWAYS been my top fav element. However, like most rpgs, swords and magic dont combine. But I kept hope. I kept leveling up and always picked gear that had "lightning" stat (the old  "moon magic"), in hopes that I would at some level gain a lightning dmg skill (I didnt know about forum yet :wacko: )

I got all the way to somarra village (rank4) and my gf got bored with her quests at rank3, and wandered to make another char, mc. She didnt know about servers having different languages, and chose VN.. she made a barb. I saw this as my chance to start new, so I chose shaman for "lightning" stat  ;D ;D ;D

I kinda didnt want to play in VN, bc of language barrier, but I said ♥♥♥♥ it, "we help each other"

We struggled, but we made it to finish both islands. A few ppl spoke english. And a few did help us. But some players were mean and didnt help, just watched us struggle, speaking to each other in viet and putting the laughing smilie. they didnt speak English, but they could say "f■■k your mother"

I wanted a lv13staff so badly. They wouldnt sell to me for gold. They wanted $20 USD!!!

After the v1.5 update, I made a new char on each class just to look at the new skills. One time, Accidentally, I deleted the wrong char.. my ORIGINAL BD. I WAS MAD.

I kept playing my shaman, got tired of never being able to hunt. Very few ppl plus language barrier. I barely ever got invited to a pt. This really pissed me off once lab update came, v2.6. Many players getting many drops and I could barely get invited to lab. Thats when I decided to go back to EU. Since I had to start overrrrrrr, I wasnt gonna start as bd again after I lost my original bd with the original huge bag space and was lv13. So I picked druid, not for heal skill... for lightning  :rofl:

I would like to thank those who were nice and helped me and my gf in vn:

Smallville, Kiemtham, Laura, Babytiger 

nice i write my story too soon  :friends:

• 5 weeks later...

Create a char in US-Sapphire. We'll help you out.  :good:

Stay tuned  ;D

(I might already be there)

Well that's ... touching somewhat...

I can relate.

My story goes as follows:

Started on a hype, spent money. Got bored, spent money. Logging in just because of friends, spending money. Disappointed, left.

A story as short as my stay.

Right now i couldn't care less about the game to be honest... Sad.

For me the only thing that matters in this post are:

1. Your existing Mecha in US Sapphire Lv20 :spiteful:

2. That "accidental" info you got in hands. If shareable let me know ;)

Dazz, for me, this game is still one of the best free-to-play mobile games without ads. spending money is optional. But its good for ppl that dont have endless hours to spend farming, selling, etc. There are much worse games out there, and this game still has much potential.

Skiney,

1. Theres more than one, thats all I can say for now ;)

2. Its nothing major, just some malicious things a few ppl have done. Id rather leave things as they are, none of us are saints, after all :pardon:

A really good story! Too bad for ur bd!

thanks, I was disappointed too about my old bd. at the time, you didnt have to type in the char name to confirm delete. it was just some random number that came up :/

but my new bd is much stronger, so I dont feel so bad now :spiteful:

thanks, I was disappointed too about my old bd. at the time, you didnt have to type in the char name to confirm delete. it was just some random number that came up :/

but my new bd is much stronger, so I dont feel so bad now :spiteful:

Oh that old system scks then lol. Glad u have a better bd and much more chars now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well, grab your novel-reading glasses, its time for me to say "see ya later"

I am leaving warspear for now, maybe forever, not sure yet. I have many reasons, but the main one is, what warspear has become. When I first found warspear, at v0.7, it was everything I ever wanted in a game. A fantasy world where you could create your own characters and build them to your liking, and play online with others to help each other attain each others' goals. We could pick up the game at any time and everyone would have an equal opportunity to show their skills vs others or with others. As new updates came, things were more exciting, but warspear was slowly changing. Not just the game, but the players as well. A game is supposed to be fun, challenging, and rewarding. Now it feels like this is just a race where you can run faster by spending more and more money. I still kept hope that warspear would become better with time, but it seems that with each update it just goes in the opposite direction. Im not saying games should be easy and simple. But a game should reward you for your hard work. And warspear doesnt do that. Now its a competition of who is the richest or who has the least real-life responsibilities. If you arent having fun and being rewarded for your hard work, then its not a game worth playing, in my opinion. Also, the people arent the same. Most of the old players are gone, and replaced with a bunch of arrogant, selfish people. I had lots of fun in the few years I played, and made some cool friends and learned some things I never expected to learn from a game. But this boat is sinking and Im not going to let my time and money sink with it. I will now stay playing offline retro games on my emulators. Its sad when games as old as the ones Im playing now are more fun than a current online game, but it is what it is. A special thanks to some of the people from FoF, ABC and Pernicious guilds, as well as some other special good-hearted people. I might still log in once or twice a day to keep in touch with some friends. But I will not be active as a player. I might return one day if I see warspear changing for the better, or if any of my real life friends return I might help them level up and get gears. But seeing as how these updates are going, I doubt that will happen. I still think warspear is a good game and has great potential to be one of the greatest 2D games ever. But for now... "see ya later".

• 1 year later...

I've stopped playing over 3 months ago, and quite honestly, I don't miss the game at all. I am retiring with no intention to ever return. Farewell to all, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck.

I've stopped playing over 3 months ago, and quite honestly, I don't miss the game at all. I am retiring with no intention to ever return. Farewell to all, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck.

I wanted to ask, Do you miss a particular good friend met in game and what did you say him after he found out you stopped playing? ( if you had one, of course )

I agree with u mecha,game become so greedy ,at least i hope sistem change and u come back you re not like news op ppl who bully lows amps.hope u have good times at real life.if u want retro game find shinning force ll this game taked my rpg virginity,just awsom(20 years ago)