A list of phones on which you play

Kuzmitch

Good day, dear players!

At the moment, to improve the quality of development, we collect a list of phones on which you play and your general impressions about the game on this device. Please reply to this topic on the following issues:

1. Phone model (eg, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic)

2. Impressions about the game (bad / good / excellent), can be detailed.

Thank you!

Nokia 5230 - flashed with accelerated C6 CFW, if it does make difference:

- changing maps up to 15 seconds - further reason to abuse protection zone corners. Almost all s60v5 got same hardware, definetly need some optimalization,

- keyboard - good try, but game keyboard for touch-screen phones without hardware keyboard is just... Wrong. Really hard to use it. I love my system keyboard, just need option to set it,

- hard to walk left/right when in portrait, up/down when in landscape mode. Screen is just too short. Missing walk lock feature, like double click direction and it will keep going there.

PC - since, in because of above-citied, it's currently main client:

-missing fullscreen mode - I know it can look bad on higher resolutions, but it looks even worse without this option. It needs to be at least customizable and, hopefully, a bit better graphics in future.

- Yellow circle thing is useless for PC and touch-screen phones. It doesn't have to be deleted, just since it's useful as ashtray on a motorbike, just make it dot :P

# @2 down

I like the yellow circle it gives a clear indication of your characters intended move.

That's why it should be kept, but there is no need to keep it so big.

iPhone 4 -  runs smoothly, quick map transitions, excellent graphics.

PC - Also runs smoothly, however the PC client needs more options then a phone it runs at a low resolutions so the graphics look stretched, you need the option to adjust this freely. The game actually looks better on my phone cause of the screen size.

There is a huge PC market that warspear needs to tap in to, I mean look at how popular Tibia (2D MMO) got for PC and that game isn't nearly the same quality as this one.

I like the yellow circle it gives a clear indication of your characters intended move.

1. Old Nokia n95 FP1

2. Bad, because game still crash on my mobile and i cant extend my account subscription with "PayBySms" option (nothing show on "select days to extend" window). I hope upcoming update will fix that problems. :)

Nokia C6 (s60v5)

My opinion:

1. In game i can use full mobile qwerty keyboard. I must chose keyboard on options and i cant use  'fn' buuton. I can't writing some symbols and all of numbers.

2. Game crash time to time. Sometimes i can play  1 hour and game have been crash, sometimes 30min.

:aggressive:

anybody else with the awesome htc pro?

certainly the occasional wait of > few seconds may be for where > installed it.  memcard instead of main mem> but its > really good rating on my windows mobile 6.1 nodded phone.

by the way > use my wii to access the forums

iPhone 3GS  :good:

No crash issues at all. I love that I can play with one hand with the phone upright. The chat works great. Keyboard is very responsive. Much better then other MMOs I play on iPhone. Good job here guys! Now for just add some stuff for me to do. I pay to play on faith that it will get much better!!

Well I belive iOS might be priority, but don't aggrandise it too much, you might regret it later. S60v5 still needs optimalization and fix of some annoying stuff. People won't wait forever. Not to mention we're paying for kaput game.

• 2 weeks later...

xm5630

works very well.

Only problems are - phone heats up, battery runs out in about 3h of play, 5s time of map changing, and known crashes at s60v3.

I didn't experience any crashes, but my phone froze twice while using the application, once it did it completely and nothing responded, had to take out the battery, and it really drains the battery fast. The phone is Nokia 5230

Your right, could also be that the ram was full, then the phone can freeze, but there is space to lover the consumption a bit more, tibia doesn't draw the battery that much, and it also consumes less data traffic even if it's more high res

Graphic has nothing to do with data traffic. About ram... When playing Warspear, turn everything else off. Regular s60v5 hardware isn't good enough.

Hm, it uses around 15 MB ram as far as I noticed. I always have enough free. Could be that it really wasn't the application, maybe the cpu. And i'm just saying that it is possible to reduce the bandwidth with further improvements to the code like with every other application. Tibia, for example proves that. It uses only the half of warspear bandwidth. The result is also less phone heating.

Sony Erricson Vivaz (U5i)

I think you need to make possible to assign hotkeys on touch versions. (Ex 5 squares where player can fill with wanted item, like chat, party invite, quest, inventory, food, etc..) It's annoying to go everytime to menu. Btw, hotkeys must be optional thing. So players could hide it in option.

I saw, that bugs already said on suggestion page, but I repeat. Sound too loud and dialog window not fits in landscape mode.

Everything else is excellent! Good work guys!

Hotkeys are not implemented yet, but have never heard of those squares.

That was a suggestion :)

Ok. Here is in short again what I think needs to be fixed on my nokia 5230.

-MAIN PROBLEM: make the map crossings load faster

-fix bug where menu windows don't fit on screen in landscape, (and the keyboard doesn't rotate with rest of screen on the main log in menu)

-implement symbian native input

-remove the circle pointer

-implement kinetic scrolling for text and the map (we don't need the little arrows on touchscreens, we can simply drag the map and text onscreen

-fix volume, it's to loud even on the lowest level

-as an application for phones it should consume less data traffic (for those without big or unlimited data plans)

• 3 weeks later...

NOKIA N97: LITTLE HARD TO CHAT, EVERYTING IS'T OK

Specify this issue a "little" bit more - what exactly is wrong? Is it problem with game, or hardware keyboard?

Nokia e63

bad...its normal that this phone had that small amount of ram for this game?

i play maybe 2-3 minutes at good level, i can said that is cool, but after this 2-3 minutes phone remind me to close some of aplications because i have to low ram... but i have just restart phone for that! (i reset phone too, and hard reset too...)

please respond :)

and....the game is great, i play 2 minutes and restart,  restart and again again :P

Sebastian

PS; i try in oldest and newest firmeware

Specify this issue a "little" bit more - what exactly is wrong? Is it problem with game, or hardware keyboard?

my phone when use qwerty key can't write word. is't only symbol n number, i has to hold Shift key to write word,that rEAson make me alway write CAP on game n in forum... :'(

Nokia e63

bad...its normal that this phone had that small amount of ram for this game?

i play maybe 2-3 minutes at good level, i can said that is cool, but after this 2-3 minutes phone remind me to close some of aplications because i have to low ram... but i have just restart phone for that! (i reset phone too, and hard reset too...)

please respond :)

and....the game is great, i play 2 minutes and restart,  restart and again again :P

Sebastian

PS; i try in oldest and newest firmeware

Hm, how much ram has this phone?

Hm, how much ram has this phone?

Rom 110mb, ram 71mb...

Right now i have 68mb ram and 97mb free disc space on c: and 1gb on e: (jbtaskman)

Strange...

My phone model : Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (Symbian v5)

Firmware            : custom C6 firmware

• My first thx is succesfully integrating the touch screen controls to the game with a nice settings screen at the beginning. :pleasantry:
  • Overall, the playing  experience is very smooth and nice for the game part besides the network stability.  :clapping:
  • One problem is If I pass too much areas, they are being loaded slower and slower on new areas. I have restarted game, nothing much changed. Restarted phone, it was very fast again. So I think it may be something about the temporary cache..

Yes, I agree. The other thing is the half done UI in landscape mode. The chat console and keyboard are ok, but the other windows don't fit on screen. I can barely pick up loot because the pick up button is halfway cut. That's poor work. If a platform is supported then it should be done the right way. :fool:

My phone is called Orange Boston. It works very very good  and [shadow=red,left]Warspear Online is d best game ewer!!!!!![/shadow]

HTC - Rhoduim (aka. Touch Pro2, aka. AT&T TiLT 2)

Windows Mobile 6.5 (Stock AT&T ROM)

Qualcomm MSM 7201a, 528 MHz

512MB ROM

288MB RAM

WVGA 480x800 screen

@up

Nobody cares about phone specs, question was what were ur impressions.

#

I belive this post was the beginning of ur troll fight. Still here.

• 3 weeks later...

Phone Model: Nokia 5530(v31 custom firmware 'perfomance edition')

Impressions:

Well, I started the game a few  minutes ago so I  do not have much experience but what i instantly noticed was that the screen orientation was not so right.  when i accept quests and navigate in menu's their title is half because the game does not fit the screen correctly. Good game overall, playable even with wrong screen orientation(not much hidden) but it needs some fixes ;)