New Factions

Hahahajj

When they released the update for chosen/forsaken , that was like the biggest update of the game. What if they added another faction? Like they're territory could be placed above Nadir since there isn't anything there. It could be a pirate faction since they're a big part of the game, and maybe like a beast faction. They could have like Lions, etc.

I suggested something similar long ago.

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/51934-orient-a-new-territory-in-the-world-of-arinar/

But as they write there, Ayvondil is the island that's being updated right now. Maybe after it, we'll get an extension to Islernort too.

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/51934-orient-a-new-territory-in-the-world-of-arinar/

But as they write there, Ayvondil is the island that's being updated right now. Maybe after it, we'll get an extension to Islernort too.

Yep, that's what I wanted to point out.

Hopefully

The engine can't handle it, which is something you may expect, considering it's age (It's over 8 years old). There won't be new factions.

The engine can't handle it, which is something you may expect, considering it's age (It's over 8 years old). There won't be new factions.

They've just added one a month ago. We are not talking about classes.

And hiding behind "the game engine is too old" is a bit ridiculous in the age of computers, in the case of an MMO, which is supposed to be updated constantly. If you cannot update your game engine, that must mean you've planned it terribly wrong.

There is a limit to how far you can go and keep it still completely cross platform. Admittedly the restrictions that symbian and old windows phone gave are gone now, but I think they've filled those gaps it gave already.

I think by now the problem is that updating the engine would mean completely rewriting most of it, very expensive and time consuming :( but who knows, maybe they're busy creating Warspear II as we speak.

How couldn't it handle it? If they refused to implent weather and such, ok I get that, technically demanding maybe. But new factions were added once, I'm sure they just have different plans.

There is a limit to how far you can go and keep it still completely cross platform. Admittedly the restrictions that symbian and old windows phone gave are gone now, but I think they've filled those gaps it gave already.

I think by now the problem is that updating the engine would mean completely rewriting most of it, very expensive and time consuming :( but who knows, maybe they're busy creating Warspear II as we speak.

I will quote from another website.

An engine is the tools you use to put together the puzzle of pre-made pieces that assembles into your game.

An engine is not a static thing that can't be updated, and is never finished.

Aigrind's game engine is only outdated if the engine is self-developed and wasn't taken care of. Which would solve the mystery of those long update times. A self-developed game engine is much harder to maintain and update of course, from time to time.

The other thing the game cannot be updated that much, is because of the compatibility with lowest-end devices. I played it with my phone with 2.3 Android and 200MB RAM, run pretty well.

I would suggest to raise the minimum compatibility so that the game could receive features (music, etc.) that won't mess with lowest-end devices.

Something for something.

Edited by BTminBT

I have a feeling the aigrind engine is self developed. I've never encountered any other like it really

It is taken care of though

Edited by ColdFootedMole