Halloween costumes «Day of the Dead»

Akasha

2earxnn.jpg

Day of the Dead (SpanishDía de Muertos) is a Mexican multi-day holiday, acknowledged internationally.In 2008 the tradition was inscribed in the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. 

Scholars trace the origins of the modern Mexican holiday to indigenous observances dating back hundreds of years and to an Aztec festival dedicated to the goddess Mictecacihuatl, lady of death - or La Catrina; wife of Mictlantecuhtli - La Muerte;  lord of the dead.

this is one of the liveliest Mexican events, because, they say, the dead come to visit their relatives. It's celebrated with food, cakes, party, favorite music and candy, the favorite of children are sugar skulls. People use skull masks, wear clothing with painted skeletons or fantasize death and decorate their houses with flowers.

The festival begins in 31 Oct, ends in 2 Nov. Coinciding with Halloween; 

I had the help of a brilliant artist amoung us to transform my ideas into art, here are some suggestions of costumes for next halloween events:

La Catrina black
o6zd6a.jpg

La Catrina scarlet
281u5bl.jpg

La Muerte

n6szdv.jpg

Corpse hatter
2agjnl.png

Edited by Majestrix

Pretty nice! :) is the artist NinjaOwl? :D

He did a nice job, am an pixel artist myself and working on a few costumes too.

I like the female dresses the most :) they look intresting.

:blush: ..

I'm interested with it's history

This event was illustrated in the first scene of the movie 007 x Spectre. And very common in tattoos draws, which is totally my thing. I have a coat with Mexican skulls and this reminds me of the beauty of being alive. I believe to dedicate happy moments and remember who passed away with festivals seems a better way of looking at death. 

Pretty nice! :) is the artist NinjaOwl? :D

He did a nice job, am an pixel artist myself and working on a few costumes too.

I like the female dresses the most :) they look intresting.

It's no secret, I just didn't feel the need to be credited.

Would love to see some of your work. Maybe I could learn something from you?

Good luck, Majestrix! Let's hope to see your idea come true!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice but days are out of wack. its Halloween event not day of the dead event honestly like alot of the art though but i dont want to have Halloween event then christmas be after christmas and halloween be after halloween wtf is the point of that i like when its before it and a little after cus then it gets me excited for the real holiday.... 

Nice but days are out of wack. its Halloween event not day of the dead event honestly like alot of the art though but i dont want to have Halloween event then christmas be after christmas and halloween be after halloween wtf is the point of that i like when its before it and a little after cus then it gets me excited for the real holiday.... 

I'm not suggesting a new event, these are costumes to be added in Halloween chests or something like that. Along with a short presentation of what this is about.

you can say that all you want but no one on warspear goes "Oh wow yay im so excited for median night event!" unless your a loser with no friends. 

All in all i loved the suggestion just think dates should be fixed accordingly so its beforehand instead of after, Again its Named Halloween event with a bunch of Halloween themed characters you can say its seperate but thats like going assasins White costume is completely different from assassins creed and not affiliated 

I see what you mean, but that is irrelevant to what I said.

My point here is that because of the event's lore, its themes don't have to be strictly limited to a single real holiday.

Technically, Median Night is an independent holiday with no relation to Halloween.

furthermore, from time to time they change the theme of events. there's a lot about day of the dead that could be exploited with no doubt, both in art design and the storyline. 

Edited by Majestrix

guys im not taking about themes i love the ideas and The costumes Honestly the hatter is legit. 

ALL IM SAYING IS THEY NEED TO MAKE THE EVENT START BEFORE HALLOWEEN NOT RIGHT ON HALLOWEEN mkay thats it thats all im not dissing her idea i think its amazing and i know you think there can be different themes but i like to keep it dark but day of the dead sorta slips into there so i think its fine just needs to start before halloween

guys im not taking about themes i love the ideas and The costumes Honestly the hatter is legit. 

ALL IM SAYING IS THEY NEED TO MAKE THE EVENT START BEFORE HALLOWEEN NOT RIGHT ON HALLOWEEN mkay thats it thats all im not dissing her idea i think its amazing and i know you think there can be different themes but i like to keep it dark but day of the dead sorta slips into there so i think its fine just needs to start before halloween

if accepted, devs will analyze and make the best use of the content for the game. it would be priceless for me to see any of these arts, or adaptations of them in the game in any case. ty for your kind words, I'm glad you liked ^_^

• 1 month later...