Movies you've recently watched

benjaminbt

We have "post what you're listening to" topic. Here is the one with movies.

How to post them?

1. Name of movie

2. Link to the trailer/to any scenes from the movie

3. Rate it on a 10 point scale

4. Some more info about the movie

NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED!

I will start.

--- Star Trek Beyond ---

Rating: 10/10

Directed by Justin Lin, Produced by J. J. Abrams

Amazing movie, I got shocked how spectacular it was.

Edited by BTminBT

Movie name: Interstellar

Trailer:

10/10 would watch again.

Guy goes to space on a mission to (... (go watch it)).

Edited by Nosotraes

Movie name: Interstellar

Trailer: https://youtu.be/zSWdZVtXT7E

10/10 would watch again.

Guy goes to space on a mission to (... (go watch it)).

Watched twice, and still would watch it one more time too.

Movie name: Angels & Demons

9/10 to me, the book as well, worth it to read it :good: as well as all other books of Dan Brown.

Plays in Rome while the new pope is about to get selected, important people of the christian church getting killed marked with mysterious symbols, the main character Robert Langdon discovers it's symbols of the Illuminati who are trying to get revenge

P.S. it might need some certain taste to like it

Edited by Julie

Movie name: Angels & Demons

I didn't like it. The story is dumb a bit (antimatter, are you serious??), and this whole Illuminati stuff is really annoying after a while.

If you like it however, good for you, was a struggle to me :D

Edited by BTminBT

I didn't watch it recently but, if you want mindf*cking movies, you can watch Inception.

My rating for it is a solid 9/10. Also Hans Zimmer soundtracks in it are just... Amazing. As always.

Edited by Gladiator

I didn't like it. The story is dumb a bit (antimatter, are you serious??), and this whole Illuminati stuff is really annoying after a while.

If you like it however, good for you, was a struggle to me :D

Mhm okay that might be because I have read the book as well and the book is awesome.

If you don't like this one you still should check out The Da Vinci Code, it's way better and interesting anyways :D

But yea, I'm a fan of all Dan Brown stories, even this one.

Also Hans Zimmer soundtracks in it are just... Amazing. As always.

Hans Zimmer is one of the greatest composers ever! And by far my favourite amongst all those geniuses :3

"Inception - Time" really is a heart-touching piece of art.

Angels & Demons soundtrack is also by Hans Zimmer, as well as the soundtrack of Interstellar :D

Sorry, if I start talking about his music once it's hard to make me stop :blush:

Edited by Julie

He composed all great soundtracks, there is no composer who could reach him at the moment although there are still others who are awesome too, like James Newton Howard :good: or Steve Jablonsky, who has composed the soundtrack of the Transformers movies.

He composed all great soundtracks, there is no composer who could reach him at the moment although there are still others who are awesome too, like James Newton Howard :good: or Steve Jablonsky, who has composed the soundtrack of the Transformers movies.

Zimmer is a great composer.

My favourite one is Michael Giacchino, composer of the music of Star Trek, Inside Out, and many more.

Oh and I have watched Da Vinci Code, and read his books, but I have a specific problem with them.

Edited by BTminBT

Zimmer is a great composer.

My favourite one is Michael Giacchino, composer of the music of Star Trek, Inside Out, and many more.

Oh and I have watched Da Vinci Code, and read his books, but I have a specific problem with them.

Star Trek movie soundtrack is a great piece of music too and Michael Giacchino did an amazing job on it. But overall if you compare Zimmer with Giacchino I still think Zimmer has the greater sense of harmony and integrity. When I listen to soundtracks I often feel like something is missing to make it sound completely complete. I never have that feeling when I listen to Zimmer's soundtracks.

I have three movies.

The first one is mainly for Julie.

-- The Longest Ride --

7/10, because it's a romance.

It's a romance movie with rodeo. Rodeo is awesome. The story is lovely. Literally.

The second is one of my favourite ones.

-- Rush --

10/10

Formula One... Fascinating. Speedy cars, a touching story of rivalism and near death experience, music by Hans Zimmer... Perfect together.

And the last one...

-- Burnt --

https://youtu.be/IiGJlUVQDGk

9/10 I can't give 10 to every movie...

Bradley Cooper plays as a chef with two Michelin Stars, fighting to get the third one. Epic movie with lot's of... foodgasm.

Edited by BTminBT

Star Trek movie soundtrack is a great piece of music too and Michael Giacchino did an amazing job on it. But overall if you compare Zimmer with Giacchino I still think Zimmer has the greater sense of harmony and integrity. When I listen to soundtracks I often feel like something is missing to make it sound completely complete. I never have that feeling when I listen to Zimmer's soundtracks.

I don't want to compare them, their style is different, and Giacchino's is better for me. It's like compare Coldplay and RHCP. Totally different styles, and both's music is great.

The Raid 2: Berandal

http://youtu.be/MG9uFX3uYq4

7/10 for story.

8/10 for action.

It's a hardcore action movie, don't watch it if you don't like gory scenes. Tarantino is nothing compared to this, which is the reason I didn't put a clip.

Edited by Nosotraes

I don't want to compare them, their style is different, and Giacchino's is better for me. It's like compare Coldplay and RHCP. Totally different styles, and both's music is great.

Actually you can compare them although they have a bit of a different style. There still are close similarities because of the use of symphony orchestras and quite a few other factors. But I won't analyze it all now xD would take too much time

The Raid 2: Berandal

7/10 for story.

8/10 for action.

It's a hardcore action movie, don't watch it if you don't like gory scenes. Tarantino is nothing compared to this, which is the reason I didn't put a clip.

dat karambit battle 9/10

They are gonna make a bad remake called Ben Hur this year.

They make remakes of lots of movies nowadays. All are garbage. The new Ghostbusters... 0/10. The new Ben Hur... 0/10. The original ones are genious, why do you have to ruin them by making a newer, sh*ttier version?

Need moar comedy movies guys, my latest comedy movie was Deadpool

Rating: 8/10 overall, 9.5/10 for the humor

A story about a mercenary who wants to be better Deadpool than his previous Deadpool.

A story about a mercenary who wants to be better Deadpool than his previous Deadpool.

Love that movie.

I started this topic with Beyond, now should come the two prequels of it.

--Star Trek (2009)--

I give 8/10 points.

The beginning of everything. Despite it is called the 'new' Star Trek, the story goes back to the beginning of the story of the Star Trek franchise. Chris Pine is perfect as Captain James T. Kirk.

--Star Trek: Into Darkness--

7.5/10 Although the visuals are stunning as always, there were some questionable parts of the storyline.

Khan, a person from the past declares a one man war against the Federation. Sounds hopeless, eh? Well, he does a pretty good job, I can tell.

Edited by BTminBT

10/10 man.

They tried too hard with Deadpool imo, but I would give it a 6.5/10.

Please don't kill me;_;

Movie name: Primal Fear.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/A9i0Z9X7lrU

Rating: 8/10

Info: NOT a horror movie. It's a thriller with a big plot twist.

Edited by Nosotraes

What's your favorite film trilogy? this is my favorite list

1. LOTR  9.8/10-The adventures, the battles, and the friendship was epic. RPG won't be the same without this gem, like dragons, orcs, elves, dwarves, etc.

2. Nolan's Dark Knight  9.5/10-Dark Knight(2nd movie) is the best among this trilogy

3. Toy Story  8.5/10-Feels

4. Pirates of the Caribbean  8/10-Pirate is love, pirate is life

5. Jurassic Park 7.5/10-You must admit you know alot about dinosaurs from this film. bend your arms and hands, spin your neck wildly then roar like a T-Rex.

What's your favorite film trilogy? this is my favorite list

1. LOTR 9.8/10-The adventures, the battles, and the friendship was epic. RPG won't be the same without this gem, like dragons, orcs, elves, dwarves, etc.

2. Nolan's Dark Knight 9.5/10-Dark Knight(2nd movie) is the best among this trilogy

3. Toy Story 8.5/10-Feels

4. Pirates of the Caribbean 8/10-Pirate is love, pirate is life

5. Jurassic Park 7.5/10-You must admit you know alot about dinosaurs from this film. bend your arms and hands, spin your neck wildly then roar like a T-Rex.

The dark knight and I'm gonna rate it 10/10.

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny

It's a musical comedy that I had been wanting to see for quite some time. Recently watched it and it was just as good as I had heard. The story is good but not great. However, the main appeal of the movie lies in its humour which, admittedly, isn't for everyone, but it got some laughs out of me.

7.5/10 - Enjoyable and worth watching

• 4 weeks later...

I have my own opinions, but I find interesting to know all them regardless of religion and politics

7/10 I recommend to who has never seen

Edited by Majestrix

I have my own opinions, but I find interesting to know all them regardless of religion and politics

7/10 I recommend to who has never seen

This movie seemed more like a communist propaganda piece tbh.

Here comes the useful part:

Movie name: Slumdog Millionaire.

Trailer: 

Rating: 9/10

Info: A boy appears to cheat on a popular tv show.

This movie seemed more like a communist propaganda piece tbh.

weeaa.. I said I have my personal opinions; doesnt mean I agree or believe in all of this, I recommend because I think ignorant people shouldn't live with opinions buried within, without know other povs, I think to judge any story you can't know just 1 version. you will always find a bit of lie and truth in the words of anyone who wants to defend an idea.

weeaa.. I said I have my personal opinions; doesnt mean I agree or believe in all of this, I recommend because I think ignorant people shouldn't live with opinions buried within, without know other povs, I think to judge any story you can't know just 1 version. you will always find a bit of lie and truth in the words of anyone who wants to defend an idea.

Someone is triggered here...

Anyways, let's keep it civil here. You have your opinion, I have mine, and let's both be fine with each other, alright?

Zootopia: 10/10(Surprisingly though provoking and political)

Deadpool: 9/10(One of the best comedies I've seen)

Suicide Squad: 9/10(Was fun to watch, gotta admit)

Batman Vs Superman Extended Cut: 8/10(Theater cut gets 7/10)

Capt America Civil War: 7/10(Yet again marvel looses its appeal in trying to avoid any controversial decisions.)

Mad Max Fury Road: 4/10(boring and amatuerly written)

Edited by Snowman

Someone is triggered here...

Anyways, let's keep it civil here. You have your opinion, I have mine, and let's both be fine with each other, alright?

triggered? ..I'm sorry if I seemed so. you went straight to the point and me too, anyways, I've never been bad with you and dont want to be :friends:

• 4 weeks later...

Manly cries

So sad to see him getting weaker, older, and lonely.

33k9emb.jpg

also this is the last movie for Hugh Jackman as a Wolverine, make me moar sad :cray:

Edited by Jzargo