benjaminbt

WARNING! This suggestion has a heroic length of introduction. To see the suggestion itself, turn all the way to the bottom of this post.

Yes, yes. Low level again. And to settle things: I DON'T do these suggestions because I have low lever characters and want to get them stronger, but because I think it's kinda unfair what's going on here.

Remember my suggestion about costumes at arena vendor? Well, it didn't get as much support as I expected. And you know what? Costumes are only for fun and outlook, they don't actually influence statistics. What I am going to show you now, is much more... important.

Resilience.

IMG_20160810_114739_336.JPG

According to the description, it increases your defence towards monsters, the chance to avoid critical hits, and reduces incoming damage from enemies by the given percentage.

This sounds pretty cool actually. Until as a low level arena player, you discover how much resilience percentage arena gear contains.

I took the time to look up two sets of arena gear, one of the low level "Beginner Sorcerer", and one of the 21st level "Lord's".

Here is the set of the "Beginner Sorcerer".

IMG_20160810_112143_098.JPGIMG_20160810_112211_451.JPGIMG_20160810_112226_616.JPGIMG_20160810_112252_594.JPGIMG_20160810_112309_230.JPG

And here is the set of the "Lord's".

IMG_20160810_112424_433.JPGIMG_20160810_112406_207.JPGIMG_20160810_112352_690.JPGIMG_20160810_112337_038.JPGIMG_20160810_112322_374.JPG

The very first thing we can see, is while the "Lord's" has the item level of 21st only, the "Beginner Sorcerer" has item levels of all from level 4 to level 8. Why is that... Nobody knows.

If we add resilience percentage together, at "Lord's" set we get a total amount of 12,5%, while at "Beginner Sorcerer" we see only 4.8%.

For the first look it's perfectly normal, but if we think a little bit, we discover how unfair it actually is.

Effects with steady stats equally adds the given amount of stat to every level. 300 physical defence is the same on the 1st and the 28th level. But effets with percentage, well... not exactly. They COMPLETELY rely on the player's statistics. 10% magic damage bonus is only 15 at a low level character with 150 damage, but it's 45 at a level 21 character with 450 damage. And it's alright.

But not if the bonus the low level gear offers, is even lower. As mentioned earlier, percentage bonus completely relies on the given character's stats, so it would be just fair to give equal percentage bonus to everybody. Why should a low level player have only 4.8% defence bonus while the 21 level can have 12.5%? Lower levels already have lower statistics, why should you lower their percentage? The chance to avoid critical hits?

Same with ferocity.

IMG_20160810_131005_325.JPG

It increases damage towards enemies, right?

Level 9 [Enchanted Spear] has 6.5% ferocity. 6.5% damage bonus towards enemies.

IMG_20160810_120955_161.JPG

Level 21 [Gladiator's Gizama] has 15.4% ferocity however.

IMG_20160810_120934_161.JPG

Why should lower level characters have less bonus for their less damage?

Critical hit is the other thing. If a level 21 player has 25% critical hit chance, in average every 4th (!!!) hit of them will be critical.

Lower level characters can't even reach that much percentage!

Why should lower level characters have less chance to hit critical with their less damage?

Huhh... Tired of much typing.

So here comes the REAL suggestion.

>> Since percentage bonus completely relies on the given player's statistics, make ALL percentage bonuses equal. Remove ALL crystals and runes with percentage bonus and make ONE type with the same attribute suitable to ALL levels.

Seems radical, but it is how fair it is.

I hope I could convince all of you.

Feel free to ask anything related to the suggestion. And please avoid things like "shitty idea" or "duck this". Come up with a better idea if you can, or talk nicely and with respect.

Peace out there

Edited by BTminBT

Lvl 21 players may have higher critical chances but they also have better solidity/resilience.

Lower levels don't have as much soli/resi but they don't need to suffer from criticals that much.

And a 2% parry is always 2% parry - it's the same for both a level 1 and a level 50.

Edited by TheCabbage

You say this because you compare higher level to lower level.

Lower levels suffer just the same from others on their own level. Not the same in amount, but the same in proportion.

And yes, 2% parry is always 2% parry, but lower level equipments usually don't get 2% parry but maybe 0.5% or so.

Edited by BTminBT

Yes, the same proportion! That was the word I was looking for.

If all gear had the same stats it would either make lower levels overpowered or higher levels underpowered. And it'd destroy the illusion of progression.

While some of this actually makes sense (like why only 0.4% of life steal when the damage is only 100 or something), the game is supposed to get harder and easier every level.

(That last bit probably didn't make any sense but anyway.)

You say this because you compare higher level to lower level.

Lower levels suffer just the same from others on their own level. Not the same in amount, but the same in proportion.

And yes, 2% parry is always 2% parry, but lower level equipments usually don't get 2% parry but maybe 0.5% or so.

These stats are taken into consideration with the people from the same level bracket.

15% fero against a low level with lower defense will obviously result in higher damage output...

Scaling all the stats altogether will be time consuming for devs and would equal them to high levels (Parry block dodge resi etc) which isn't something they intend on doing...

Edited by mailliwdxb

Scaling all the stats altogether will be time consuming for devs and would equal them to high levels (Parry block dodge resi etc) which isn't something they intend on doing...

Parry, block, dodge, resi, etc. are all percentage stats. Despite they would be equal to all players, it would be always other, because percentage always relies on the character itself. If a higher level player attacks a lower one, he can even have 25% chance to hit critical. Why should the lower one have only 9% chance to hit him critical with his low damage, or to have even less chance to avoid attacks of the stronger?

Why should the lower one have only 9% chance to hit him critical with his low damage, or to have even less chance to avoid attacks of the stronger?

Because he is a low level. If he wants to get stronger he should level up, as he would in virtually all other MMORPGs. There would be a smaller incentive to level up and attain new gear if everyone had a static amount of resilience, crit, etc. And (based on your initial example with the gear) why would a level 10 be fighting a level 22 anyway?

So u mean lvl 6 and lvl 21 should have same resi? what about phsycal and magical defence? cuz it also is different so u want to give high and low lvl same that too? Low resi mean lvl 6 cant pvp lvl 21 but if u see it wouldnt be fair with lvl 21 if both same and also for lvl 6 pvp is other lvl 6 so if low resi then enemy has low cricital and low dmg so its perfect balance I guess.

Defence is a given number. 100, 200, or 4000. Always the same. 50% however, is not. At 100 attack, 50% bonus is only 50, at 1000 it's 500. That's why everyone could get the same of them, that would cause no equity in numbers, but it would in the system of attributes.

The comepletely first thing that should be done about low level arena is to

fix arena gear. lvl4 to 8...what? Also no weapons...

Oh and ban oldplayer and Legionner from arena too.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind ALL low level players use this so none really have an advantage over the other.

agreed lol. all low lvl players use the same equipment, and arena doesn't allow a lvl 10 to fight a lvl 20 xd how is it a problem? what next, special lvl 10 skill books to balance the lower lvls? xd

agreed lol. all low lvl players use the same equipment, and arena doesn't allow a lvl 10 to fight a lvl 20 xd how is it a problem? what next, special lvl 10 skill books to balance the lower lvls? xd

Arena does not allow, but the game allows high level players to fight lower levels. Most of the time it is called ganking. Should these players have less chance to defend themselves? At wars, should they have less chance to help their team?

I don't see what you can't understand. Haven't you learnt at school percentage relies on a static number?

These players automatically have less chance to defend themselves because they have less HP, less powerful weapons, less skill points and no expert skills. I can't see how a small amount of resi can make much difference xd

Your complaint with the resi percentages is valid though, and I do understand your point

Edited by ColdFootedMole