Future of bd

Tess

I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time guys. Paladin is the new tank class for fb/chosen side, although I guess it'll be long long long time before we get this update :facepalm:

They have a small healing skill and a skill for improving overall party healing. Bd has sap. My question is, how much effective will bd be as a tank compared to pala? Are both those classes equal in that or shud bd players like us flock to paladin? I wasnt particularly happy when I saw pala's skills because I'm worried about my bd :( It seems in this game I always keep making messy decisions. I mean, after update, will anyone want a bd in their pt to tank? :bad:

All melee are in trouble.  Paladin will be better tanker than bd.  Better with adds too bc of AOE disable.  There will be a better tank for boss farm than Paladin. 

Paladins are always one of the most comfortable tanks.

Paladins can heal themselves thus reducing a chance of a wipe or tank dying,

It's just like riding on an airplane with a parachute on, less risky.

and with the crit heals it's gonna be even less risky

Thanks for reply guys :(

Maybe I'll concentrate more on my ranger. Good thimg is, ranger gonna be still powerful even after update.

Yeah, well obviously Ranger will be the counter to Necromancer and Priest's absorb shields  :lol:

Rogue and BD can just give up  :facepalm:

so, correct me if I'm wrong, the summery is-

BD is DOOMED :facepalm:

The healer classes certainly seem super cool now because of crit heal. I'm so confused. What class shud I choose? I'm not much into pvp. If I choose a druid/shaman now I gotta start over again :(

Or maybe I can keep my ranger...... My ranger already has enough ap to buy arena bow....... It's so damn confusingggggggg

Just wait for new factions to come, then you can start over with your friends, better just play BD/Ranger for now, use whatever you like

Deathknight will be the best boss tank though assuming its personal absorb shield stacks with shaman defense buff.  8)

Really though any party with a priest and paladin will be farming elites though easy.  Healing effectiveness increase, two instant heals, absorb shield, truce to increase damage on boss for party  :shok:

Deathknight will be the best boss tank though assuming its personal absorb shield stacks with shaman defense buff.  8)

Really though any party with a priest and paladin will be farming elites though easy.  Healing effectiveness increase, two instant heals, absorb shield, truce to increase damage on boss for party  :shok:

well it depends how Paladin's heal will be, like in WoW Paladin's have this instant heal WIN button which heals them for about 80% of their hp but they suck anyway  :facepalm:

Everyone started to say Paladin has better skills. But nobody knows the bladedancers new skill.

As we know from the description of Paladin class it has 6 skills which bladedancers have 5.

Everyone started to say Paladin has better skills. But nobody knows the bladedancers new skill.

As we know from the description of Paladin class it has 6 skills which bladedancers have 5.

It's a racial skill of Chosen

whatever, I think bd needs a new and improved skill. It's not fair because it looks like bd is gonna be a useless class. It's already bad enough that bd isn't as suitable for pvp as many other classes are. But that was ok when bd was the only tank for fb. And now the devs gonna make bd suck at farm too :facepalm:

I dont think BD Doomed.

Hamstring can make druid, shaman, priest, mage, necromancer and Warlock to the doomed classes.

Sap can reduce high damage much.

And we first need to know the cooldown+duration/radius/amount of heal/damage/how many % it reduce/amplifier and all that.

But who know what gonna happen?

Has anyone noticed that of all the tank classes only bd cant wield shield? Of course that's obvious becuz bd's name suggest that it uses only swords. But at the same time it's also true that using shield means more heal+more def. Shield and axe is better for farming than two swords.

How bout us even in update i still stay on my bd i spend to much on my bd pls devs do something about our skills that can counter or coup with other classes

Tess, it depend on your role you wanna be.

I see you are not pvp type so BD is a good tanker since with sap and aggro it can protect other member for being overwhelmed by mobs.

You can prove this if you ever try to kill lambert with 4 ppl.

Sap reduce damage just like DK shield in the future update but different mechanism.

Yes Paladin can heal but how much? and its depend on how fast the cool down and how much energy cost is, while sap can cast continuously.

Which one you will pick?

Paladin instant heal lets say 500 hp with 20 secs cool down

BD sap reduce the damage by 30% continuously

And imagine that the boss hit around 300 per 2 secs

When priest give the BD shield you can spam aggro to several mobs to protect rangers and mages in ur party and concentrate back to the boss.

But its only estimation for the Paladin and we can't discuss it now.

So my suggestion for your BD is build up your parry at least 12% ,dodge at least 17%, accuracy at least 10%, and the most important thing that not many tank has is energy regen at least 14 and you will be a gem in a boss farm because BD energy consumption is very efficient.

At 17 energy regen you can always put the boss in sap status while you still give him flash strike and aggro to other mob

The only weakness of BD is he can't charge to range class nor pull them to you like DK

Still, being strong in this game is not everything...being having many friends is much more meaningful...and I believe you agree with this.

No matter what kind of your class, as long as you have a "true" friends in the game they will definitely want the same party with you  :)

Tess, it depend on your role you wanna be.

I see you are not pvp type so BD is a good tanker since with sap and aggro it can protect other member for being overwhelmed by mobs.

You can prove this if you ever try to kill lambert with 4 ppl.

Sap reduce damage just like DK shield in the future update but different mechanism.

Yes Paladin can heal but how much? and its depend on how fast the cool down and how much energy cost is, while sap can cast continuously.

Which one you will pick?

Paladin instant heal lets say 500 hp with 20 secs cool down

BD sap reduce the damage by 30% continuously

And imagine that the boss hit around 300 per 2 secs

When priest give the BD shield you can spam aggro to several mobs to protect rangers and mages in ur party and concentrate back to the boss.

But its only estimation for the Paladin and we can't discuss it now.

So my suggestion for your BD is build up your parry at least 12% ,dodge at least 17%, accuracy at least 10%, and the most important thing that not many tank has is energy regen at least 14 and you will be a gem in a boss farm because BD energy consumption is very efficient.

At 17 energy regen you can always put the boss in sap status while you still give him flash strike and aggro to other mob

The only weakness of BD is he can't charge to range class nor pull them to you like DK

Still, being strong in this game is not everything...being having many friends is much more meaningful...and I believe you agree with this.

No matter what kind of your class, as long as you have a "true" friends in the game they will definitely want the same party with you  :)

That was a very nice reply, slay :)

I'm already starting to see what you said about friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I play a bd aswell and I don't think the class isdead, no game would ruin the efectivness of one of the classes and not rebalance it. So altho bds might not be the best right when update comes out once they do a bit of class balancing they will be fine

what i find bad is ham is only 2 step ranged and can be dodged, while barbs stun cant be dodged and is well-ranged. also we cn normal atak a bd wen we r under ham, but in stun we cant. they shud improve ham for at least 3 step range. i c that even barbs cn perform hit n run on bds, all classes can run away and escape in fyts. as for tanking bd is great. but the main motive of game, war/pvp/arena bds r on the edge...

what i find bad is ham is only 2 step ranged and can be dodged, while barbs stun cant be dodged and is well-ranged. also we cn normal atak a bd wen we r under ham, but in stun we cant. they shud improve ham for at least 3 step range. i c that even barbs cn perform hit n run on bds, all classes can run away and escape in fyts. as for tanking bd is great. but the main motive of game, war/pvp/arena bds r on the edge...

bro read charge description chance of stun is based on lvls so its not 100% also its not effective at close range while bd can use ham at close range !

I believe you can see all skills in announcement section.

Here the summary

CHOSEN

Spirituality (passive skill of the Chosen). The balance of mind and body has allowed to increase the maximum amount of energy and protection against attacks based on the strength of the magic of the Moon.

PRIEST:

Power Word: Puts a curse to an enemy. If the aim applies the skill which uses an energy, he lose a certain percentage of its maximum power in addition.

Sacred Shield: Surrounds himself or anally with a powerful barrier that absorbs any damage. The shield decreases when the barrier is broken, or when its time of action ends.

Truce: The target of the skill can not attack a priest, a priest can not attack the target. However, other enemies, who attack the marked target, will apply higher damage.

Tears of Harad: On the selected enemy falls tears of Harad and deal magical damage. If a priest or his allies in a group attacked by other enemies, then they will have a chance to receive additional damage from tears.

Healing Touch: Instantly restores a certain amount of health for yourself or an ally

PALLADIN:

Persuasion. With his innate magical abilities Paladin focuses a target on himself, causing it to attack the Paladin for some time.

Shackles of Justice. Riveted to the ground all enemies standing close to the paladin. Does not allow them to move and use skills.

Purification. Causes increased physical damage in the melee to one enemy. If the opponent was under the influence of the Shackles of Justice, it is superimposed by effect of Purification and it will damage with magic for some time.

Heavenly light. Paladin instantly restores a small amount of health to himself or an ally.

The aura of light. Paladin gives grace to all allies in the group and increases all effects of healing.

MAGE:

Fireball: throws a small ball of fire at the target. Deals damage to one enemy with magic.

The Time Warp: Move to a specified point in one location. Deals the magic damage to all enemies in a small area.

Solar Armor: Creates a barrier around his body, which helps to better defend against magic attacks.

Rock pieces: Uprooting of stone fragments and causes of damage to all enemies around him in a small radius.

Illusory chains: Repels all enemies around him in a small radius. Thrown opponent is bound with illusory chains and can not move for some time.

FORSAKEN

Devotion (passive skill of the Forsaken): A strong attachment to a single creator entity of Garaanu to regenerate energy and makes it easier to defend against attacks based on the power of dark and moon magic.

DEATH KNIGHT:

Exhalation of darkness: Gives the darkness of their weapons. The next attack will cause damage with magic and stun the target for several seconds.

Spike of death: Accumulating all the hate, Deathknight draws a sharp melee attack, dealing increased physical damage.

Threads of darkness: Deathknight calls the dark threads that bind the enemy and move him to the Deathknight location.

Taunt: Provokes target to attack the Deathknight for some time.

Dark shield: Closes up with a dark shield, which gives a chance to get less damage depending on the value of protection of the Deathknight.

WARLOCK:

Dark Arrow: Creates a sharp arrow from the clot of darkness. Runs it and does damage to one enemy with magic.

Fear: Leads fear to the one enemy. Frightened creature starts rush randomly on the location.

Siphon Life: Damages one enemy with magic. Part of the damage dealt regenerate health of warlock.

Dark Circle: Creates a barrier in area for some time. If the enemy crosses the border of barrier, he would lose consciousness and will remain in place until the barrier disappears.

A Puddle Of Darkness: Defile the land in this area with black magic. If the enemy gets into this area, it will receive magic damage each second.

NECROMANCER:

Deadly Stare: Lowers target's maximum health by a small percentage. The effect can be stacked several times.

Poison Spit: Striking a poisonous substance and purpose of causing damage with the power of dark magic. If, before this goal has been subjected to the maximum number of "stacks" of Deadly Stare, the body gets its poison and causes damage with the power of darkness magic for some time.

Bone Shield: Surrounds himself or an ally of a powerful barrier that absorbs fixed amount of damage. Necromancer consumes a small percentage of their maximum health for each application of this skill.

Ancient Seal: Instantly restores a certain amount of health for yourself or an ally by astral magic. Necromancer consumes a small percentage of their maximum health for each application of this skill.

Nightmares: Lulls the opponent for a while. While the effect is acting on the target, it can not regenerate their health and energy. If the target is to get hit, it wakes up.

Which class should you pick?

Here the suggestion:

1. Pick range class

2. Pick class with at least 2 disable skills

I say paladin will be great tank. Lv 5 heal touch and heal aura, plus I think maces will have astral which will make their self heal higher I think.

bro read charge description chance of stun is based on lvls so its not 100% also its not effective at close range while bd can use ham at close range !

rogues n archers dodge my lv4 ham every now and then, acc 15%

i dnt see barbs losing charges that often even in lv14 arena and why wud u want it close ranged? :D as far as i know it dsnt wrk on melee and +1step, still more effective.

I say paladin will be great tank. Lv 5 heal touch and heal aura, plus I think maces will have astral which will make their self heal higher I think.

yea bro  :cray: , what if a pt of 5 pala farms. all those 5 pala can use group heal and...bayumm, full again. lets just hope that heal is not that much of a heal and cooldown is 28 sec or so.