Boss drops Myths/facts

Mecha

Question

Ok so Ive heard a few rumors from different ppl.

Here is what I know to be fact:

Of course, only the pt who afflicts the first 10% damage on a boss can get drops.

A boss can drop more than 1 thing per player at a time. Ex: drop dmg + def spheres, or a sphere and an equip.

A boss can drop equips for multiple players on same kill.

Mystery:

Some say party size affects drop rates. True or false?

Others say if healer uses lightining bolt it decreases drop rate. Myth or fact?

my theories:

I think the sum of level of players in the pt might affect drop rate.

I experimented killing maraksha solo and got an amulet and dmg sphere on first try.

Maybe the time we take to kill the boss affects rate.

Does total dmg/heal affect it?

how about how many mobs were killed by pt during boss kill?

Maybe low levels or having a quest for that boss increases rate? Ive seen several players who are "noobs" and never hunted once, but we help them with quest and the low lvl gets a super rare drop. Happened to me at bgs and dinalt.

Another theory I had was to leave tanker outside pt, and only he gets the kill.

Controversial since ppl think its unfair for only one person to get kill. And some would question if the tanker will just get drops and lie saying he got nothing. But we tried it once at bgs. We had gotten nothing at all after 5 or 6 kills each (drogon and guntram). That time the tanker only got kill and got a dmg and a def spheres.

the rest of pt refused to try again after just 1 try.

So? Do yall think there are ways to increase drop rates? do maintenance and updates render this thread useless? or do yall think boss drops are always the same and some ppl are just luckier than others????

37 answers to this question

"Maybe low levels or having a quest for that boss increases rate? Ive seen several players who are "noobs" and never hunted once, but we help them with quest and the low lvl gets a super rare drop. Happened to me at bgs and dinalt."

Today, i did Genie quest with my ranger, and got a 5k amulet. 8)

But a player needed it, so i gave him it for 200g, cuz im the Warspear Santa. O:-)

Its different allways ppl who do nothing & are in the party sometime get the drop its different for barbs & shamans its proper timing of skills which can raise chances of drops but timing also is very important which depends on luck

Its different allways ppl who do nothing & are in the party sometime get the drop its different for barbs & shamans its proper timing of skills which can raise chances of drops but timing also is very important which depends on luck

I remember we were helping  a first-timer with drogon. He kept running around hitting the wrong mobs and we kept having to save him. We told him where to stand and he wouldnt listen. He did the least amount of work, and dropped ranger boots.

Its just pure luck bro. At least thats what i think. Keep being optimistic it helps  :pleasantry:

"Maybe low levels or having a quest for that boss increases rate? Ive seen several players who are "noobs" and never hunted once, but we help them with quest and the low lvl gets a super rare drop. Happened to me at bgs and dinalt."

not for lab boss. lol. weve tried adding a lvl 1 to party on a boss kill in laby :D she got a sweet def sphere lmao. also happened a lot of times that if u invited one party member late, like when ure already past half way boss hp, there's high chance the invited person gets a drop. that happened to my party more than 5x already, but still its just pure luck, coz weve tried it not by accident and it dint work  :wacko: 

"

Maybe low levels or having a quest for that boss increases

rate? "

Ive seen a lot of questers get drop. In fact, i myself got an 'acute gladius' when i killed granite for chainless( almost a year back). Some ppl think questers dont get drops but i feel they have a high chance of getting drops.

"

rate? "

Ive seen a lot of questers get drop. In fact, i myself got an 'acute gladius' when i killed granite for chainless( almost a year back). Some ppl think questers dont get drops but i feel they have a high chance of getting drops.

I think it could be that the quest they have needs to loot a Quest item so they get a high rate of getting a drop or maybe beginners luck?

Welp, quest items for yellow quests are only looted if you have that quest. Which is why if you are in a pt, and other pt members are in the same map area, any items looted (that say "merchants would be happy to buy this...") will be dropped to different pt members in that area, and any of those items cant be looted by different pt members on same kill.

But for yellow quest items (that say "this item is necessary to complete a quest") can only be dropped to those who have that quest and drop rate is not affected by other pt members who dont have the quest.

In trying to find a connection or a way to estimate drop rates and maybe even predict them. But its a very hard task since most variables are likely random.

Noob getting drops is myth, or maybe luck. I had a high level party hekp kill granite guard and nessa got a bow... She didnt need quest but I did and ironic that I was a archer lvl 14 :facepalm: :'( she kept it :'(

Normally you Did not

understand, but I will try to

answer :D. Drop falls

randomno. Happens that

threefold Drop (шмот,

instead of spheres) Well, it seems everything, as a smog

so answered falls. xD

party size: what about this, this is the major issue because lots of peoples dont get invite just for this theory. True or false. what does admins say?????? :tease: :yahoo: :unknw: :) ::) :nea: :search:

I tried tanking outside of pt at herald a while back- first three kills consecutive drops, the following 4 kills nothing. Every other time tanking outside of pt wielded less than favorable results.

I am in tune with the notion of random is random when it comes to drops.

The thing that baffles me is how some days a pt can farm 6-7-8 hours  and not see a single thing, then on another day have gear dropping like it's hot...i know what the definition of random is..but serious.. 8 hours no hand is like wtf.

Im sure pokie/slot players are having the same conversation. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But like it was said.. only the admins can shed light on this.. not like they will though. us farming = the increased possability that we buy more mcoin.

And if they are watching.... 14 hrs straight farming genie and no item drop for me... seriously WT?!?!?!?!?!?

I was hunting a.a with 18+ lv players and i am 16.... I.was.taking spheres or nothing but others expensive cloaks etc....So, it has to do with level

NOTHING TO DO WITH UR LVL, ITS ALL DEPENDANT ON LUCK ;D

Well about level i agree cuz i was 3 days consecutively 12 hours each at genie. All level 16- in party like me recieved defence spheres like crazy and some damages but the two level 18 got 5 expensive drops together. Not sure but just saying.

some ppl belive, if u relog after recieving def or dmg it increases ur chance of getting a drop :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

"

rate? "

I kinda had this problem while helping low levels at genie. You hunt for 2-3 hours and all of a sudden a low level needing genie quest walks away with a drop.  :rofl:

not for lab boss. lol. weve tried adding a lvl 1 to party on a boss kill in laby :D she got a sweet def sphere lmao. also happened a lot of times that if u invited one party member late, like when ure already past half way boss hp, there's high chance the invited person gets a drop. that happened to my party more than 5x already, but still its just pure luck, coz weve tried it not by accident and it dint work  :wacko: 

that also happened to me more than 1 time. last time was pretty funny. someone loged another char while scorp still res, leader kicked her and inv someone else that was there. i called her back on her main char and gave her mt slot (cause she told us to pm her when boss res and i felt it was unfair to kick her without warning. she got smock on that kill using my slot ahah loved it :D

something i've also seen many times is the lower levels in a party getting drops but still i don't believe that to be anything more than luck. for me fact is there is chance for boss to drop at each kill.. if it drops one will get it, but that part is random. i once droped 3x straight on aa.. in a party of five. pure luck my gaming friends.

I kinda had this problem while helping low levels at genie. You hunt for 2-3 hours and all of a sudden a low level needing genie quest walks away with a drop.  :rofl:

the reverse usually happens to me (especially at sea monster). helping a lower level doing his chainless quest (i do that often cause i remember how hard it was for me getting people to help me) and droping necklace :D ofc in a smaller party ur chances to get drop improves, not because it improves boss drop rate but because if ur killing a boss with just another person, if the boss drops it either goes to u or the other :D

ya, happened to me alot of times when i farmed,

when boss had like half of its hp left a questor would ask to join for quest, so we invited him, and after houuuurs of intense farming we get nothing, but the questor gets an item. :shout:

then the questor is like:

No questers in lab  ;D

well if you look at it one way a party with say 3 people means you have a 1/3 chance of getting a drop out the amount of people there but that doesn't necessarily mean that you chances of getting a drop "increase" it just means theres less people. You may or may not have gotten a drop whether there was only you or 4 others, but if you have a team that you always hunt with that shares their items then your chances of getting a drop increase because your combining your chance + theirs