Bring back old trading system

Patira

Hello all. I want to suggest to bring back the old trading sytem on which auto cancels a trade when you or other party is full bag as only scammers profit this kind of trading. They take advantage on newbies which are clueless and too excited when they saw an item selling for a very low price and dont pay attention while on trade. Example of a scammer whose very good from this trick is banklimit a lvl3 bd. im trying to trace his main but im sure he is too smart to hide. if u guys cant give info on player's ip to trace his main then at least bring back the old trading way. Thank you for reading my concern and im hoping for alternative action. More power and God bless.

Saw him today, writing that he's proud of being a scammer.

Seriously, who admits something like that in world chat???

But otherwise, yeah why not, as for the suggestion.

Edited by Raezer

well ofc he will admit he's a scammer cz its his dummy low lvl account and he thinks that gm dont bother care about it. this suggestion is for newbies who hardly earn gold as they lvl up but suddenly taken cluelessy by fcking scammers. yes u may call them noob/idiots but who tf cares its their own fault not checking items on trade? (this is what i always hear from hi lvl players when someone was scammed crying on chat) well sorry but i do fcking care about them,ty.

well ofc he will admit he's a scammer cz its his dummy low lvl account and he thinks that gm dont bother care about it. this suggestion is for newbies who hardly earn gold as they lvl up but suddenly taken cluelessy by fcking scammers. yes u may call them noob/idiots but who tf cares its their own fault not checking items on trade? (this is what i always hear from hi lvl players when someone was scammed crying on chat) well sorry but i do fcking care about them,ty.

send a ss to the support, while he has his acc up, they could trace his ip.

Roland, you should learn to find a suitable words to refuse someone's suggestion. You could say developers still busy with upcoming update, or just simply said no. :give_rose: No hard feelings eh?

Roland, you should learn to find a suitable words to refuse someone's suggestion. You could say developers still busy with upcoming update, or just simply said no.

ehm, I said what I wanted to.

Really, the best way not to get scammed (even IRL) is not get scammed.

What kind of "trading system" can prevent people being scammers? Only you are responsible for your valuables/money, simple as that.

I spent a lot of time in Ragnarok Online, WoW and Guild Wars 2 and still has no cases of being scammed. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by r0land

I spent a lot of time in Ragnarok Online, WoW and Guild Wars 2 and still has no cases of being scammed. What am I doing wrong?

Pro.

ehm, I said what I wanted to.

Really, the best way not to get scammed (even IRL) is not get scammed.

What kind of "trading system" can prevent people being scammers? Only you are responsible for your valuables/money, simple as that.

Is scamming(full bag trick for example) prohibited in game rules? Or it is just a normal way of making gold.

Is scamming(full bag trick for example) prohibited in game rules? Or it is just a normal way of making gold.

yep, technically it's prohibited but you can never prove you were scammed.

That's why attention and information is important.

yep, technically it's prohibited but you can never prove you were scammed.

That's why attention and information is important.

I know its the players fault if they get scammed and i think so too, you need to pay attention when trading with players because you never know if people are honest players or they are assholes. However i think you should change the trading system to not be so easily exploitable. Literally have to make it so that you cant switch the items/gold amount after pressing ok for the first time.If you put in wrong items/wrong amount of gold just cancel and make a fresh trade. As it is newer players get scammed because they might not realize the other person can change the amount of gold after the full bag message.

Edited by Raislin

I was scammed once and that's it.. Lost my Holypriest. Just be careful. If they doing bag trick, just ignore them. It's a trap. It's easy not to get scam.

Well, after getting scammed for the first time, it should be easy not to get scammed another time.

Yah, don't be a dumb, u just need to be thorough when do exchanges. About the other issues, it's about 'trust'. Don't put your trust on people easily.

Edited by Livi More

So whats the suggestion? It's not said very clearly. And how do you trace a persons main anyway, it sounds like a near impossible thing to do. Anyway, R0land it right, best way to avoid getting scammed is by paying attention. If someone cancels a trade even once be very careful. Also, if an unknown noob char is selling expensive items that a noob won't have odds are that noob is a scammer. If a deal is too good to be true odds are its a scam. If someone wants to deal accounts odds are its a scam. If you refuse a certain deal or a certain way of dealing and the other guy gets pissed off odds are hes a scammer. VERY IMPORTANT: If the player you are dealing with doesn't know or is very poor with the language you speak this player is much more likely to scam you, its very easy to dehumanize and/or ignore those who dont speak your language.

So whats the suggestion? It's not said very clearly. And how do you trace a persons main anyway, it sounds like a near impossible thing to do. Anyway, R0land it right, best way to avoid getting scammed is by paying attention. If someone cancels a trade even once be very careful. Also, if an unknown noob char is selling expensive items that a noob won't have odds are that noob is a scammer. If a deal is too good to be true odds are its a scam. If someone wants to deal accounts odds are its a scam. If you refuse a certain deal or a certain way of dealing and the other guy gets pissed off odds are hes a scammer. VERY IMPORTANT: If the player you are dealing with doesn't know or is very poor with the language you speak this player is much more likely to scam you, its very easy to dehumanize and/or ignore those who dont speak your language.

Yes and lemme add those who pretend giving free Mcoins by giving links or trying to get acc info.

suggestion is.. bring back the old trading way. that when u trade and other party is full bag it should be auto cancel like the old way so that scammers cant use this for scamming anymore.no more chance to change the item or the amount of gold. OR BETTER YET UPDATE ANOTHER ICONS THAT NOT SIMILAR FROM NOOB AND GOOD ONES. good example is ethereal dust from ethereal catalysts. im pretty sure many will prefer the old one than trading system today.

update=banklimit made another lvl3 char named scorpnork copied from lvl18 bd scorponok. and now they blaming scorponok from scams.

i dont actualy profit here im just concerned for newbie players crying chat and when i inspect are lvl13 mostly cz scammed by a fake lvl13 +5 staff bcz switched by a lvl7 staff with same icon. well i think this wouldnt be solved at least i tried to tell this issue guys.ty

One doesn't simply say "pay attention when trading" to new players, they know nothing in this matter (full bag-scamming mechanism).

I think it's possible to trace main player by tracing i.p address. In another game GM have console command that could trace someone's i.p address, but they won't bother to trace someone's i.p address without legit proof if he/she is scammer.

what surprises me is...how come a new trading system be introduced to the game when the older mechanism was PERFECT . why cant the players get the privilege of older system?. roland might be true , asking us to be extra  careful while trading. but when such flaw exists in newer trading system, new comers become easy prey for the scammers . does this take the game forward ? how can ws leave newbies to scammers?. they simply quit after getting scammed.does'nt that affect the game's revenue ?

VERY IMPORTANT: If the player you are dealing with doesn't know or is very poor with the language you speak this player is much more likely to scam you, its very easy to dehumanize and/or ignore those who dont speak your language.

I don`t agree.

Should I do exchange with only italian and english speakers for to exchange for not to be scammed?

I could do with spanish speakers as well.

Edited by Liidert

This game is for old players, there is no place for newbies here. Seriously. I remember my struggle through the beginning of the game, I remember how I got scammed by someone who pretended to help me...

You SHOULD, SHOULD, SHOULD create am island dedicated to newcomers. A tutorial island showing EVERY part of the game, because the current "first islands" can not provide enough experience and imformation for newbies.

I created a topic about this a long time ago discussing this in a more detailed way.

Me too, for 50g she promised me to help to kill a boss...

At beginning it is very hard, then hard, a little bit hard.... Without mcoins and the help of other heroes is almost impossible

Update. the scammer made new lvl3 named doremicum scammed someone again copied at this time from lvl26 mage magnacarta member dormicum. this what im tryin to say here,scammer wont stop until old trading way is back.

The best scammer ever is the one who created those ingame mshop item pop ups. Buy button in place of menu gg. If we keep our eyes open these scammers can't do sht.

I don`t agree.

Should I do exchange with only italian and english speakers for to exchange for not to be scammed?

I could do with spanish speakers as well.

Depending on what server you play it should not be hard to find English speakers. Ever have someone pm you in a language you dont know? Im sure this has happened to most players at one point or another. What do you do? Do you put an effort into translating the chat every time it happens and then translate your own chat into that language to reply? Most players simply disregard the guy because, like I said, it is very easy to disregard those who dont know your language.