Lightweight Armor (Worthwhile to use?)

Megadethbr

Well i have. Gives us barbs sky high crit percentage 28% but damn i died fast haha. Used bg light armor set but then i sold it off because i dont use it much n it takes my bag space. So i guess it dint go too well for me  ;D

I tried it too, your crit is very high, but your defense will suffer. Lets just wait and see if devs.will improve the barbs skills?  :facepalm:Hate to say it but paladin or deathknight goes pvp against a barb, barb will get crushed :wacko:

I tried it too, your crit is very high, but your defense will suffer. Lets just wait and see if devs.will improve the barbs skills?  :facepalm:Hate to say it but paladin or deathknight goes pvp against a barb, barb will get crushed :wacko:

against paladin with self heal maybe, but barb against deathnight probably about even. Skill descriptions sound like same skills just different animations, and instead of charging to an opponent the opponent will come to the deathnight with tendrils.

Think about it, full dark gear against a deathknight should take him out. But then again we will just have to wait n see  ::)

Think about it, full dark gear against a deathknight should take him out. But then again we will just have to wait n see  ::)

Deathknights can do physical damage too, so dark resistance is useless against DK

The only way lightwear armor will work for the barbs, if you amp their defense +10. other than that critical is high but you will die easily

I wouldn't use light armor as a barbs.  I know a bd with +10 amps but uses leather.  I crush him easily.  I have a harder time with higher defense BDs with lower amp. 

You might be tempted to get higher crit but really its not worth it taking that much damage. 

• 2 months later...

I have both sets. The crit armor works well with shield and 1h axe, that way def doesn't suffer too drastically. It's also very useful for PvE and boss hunting if you have a good healer and don't have to worry too much about def. Plus it reduces time for collecting daily quest items.

Of course to play like this you pretty much have to have your bags maxed, and have both shield/1h axe and a 2h weapon.  So yeah... if you are buying bg armor for the first time you should definitely get the def gear, but if you already have those and want to change things up a little bit, crit gear can be very interesting.

• 4 months later...

the point of view of a druid 'damn,,this barb really hard,, 3 lightning cant even bring half his hp down'

another 'ahaha,, 1 lightning n this barb already kissing the tree,,lets kite him to death'

your gear,, your choice...but think carefully... :drinks:

Works for rich players amp it +10  :wacko:

Agree with u,,,,

If u can amp ur gear to +10 then ur defense will be good enuf and high Stats will definitly make u win,,

it will be like killing A 1/2 rogue + 1/2 Tank with,, I neva tried bt it must work with +10 amp...

my barb uses mostly all rogue gear. i have a +9 doom axe 1h, +10 heroic shield (giving 1k defense)  i wear +9 kw helm, +8 kw gloves, +7 bg rogue belt with pene, 2 accuracy rings (with pene) then i wear heavy arena armor and boots amped +8.

with the +10 shield i can afford to lose a little defense wearing rogue gear. the damage/accuracy increase is well worth a slight decrease in hp and defense.  anyone saying that a barb wearing partial light gear is a noob obviously hasn't tried it haha not saying im the best but it works extremely well in 1-1 and arena.    HOPE THIS HELPS!

my barb uses mostly all rogue gear. i have a +9 doom axe 1h, +10 heroic shield (giving 1k defense)  i wear +9 kw helm, +8 kw gloves, +7 bg rogue belt with pene, 2 accuracy rings (with pene) then i wear heavy arena armor and boots amped +8.

with the +10 shield i can afford to lose a little defense wearing rogue gear. the damage/accuracy increase is well worth a slight decrease in hp and defense.  anyone saying that a barb wearing partial light gear is a noob obviously hasn't tried it haha not saying im the best but it works extremely well in 1-1 and arena.    HOPE THIS HELPS!

:bad: U have high amp....Think about when u have low amp....Rogue gear...it will be trolololo

And also heavy armor with high amp u will be stronger....U should use arena full set for barb

:bad: U have high amp....Think about when u have low amp....Rogue gear...it will be trolololo

And also heavy armor with high amp u will be stronger....U should use arena full set for barb

High def high stats> Higher def low stats

That's my opinion.

my barb uses mostly all rogue gear. i have a +9 doom axe 1h, +10 heroic shield (giving 1k defense)  i wear +9 kw helm, +8 kw gloves, [glow=red,2,300]+7 bg rogue belt with pene[/glow], 2 accuracy rings (with pene) then i wear heavy arena armor and boots amped +8.

u get BG belt??????? :unknw: :shok:

I have full arena set as well as full lvl 18 set. Ive used all many times against all classes in 1-1 pvp and the best set is a hybrid set up using 3 parts rogue gear (kw helm and gloves, bg pene belt)  and lvl 17 arena chest piece and boots with resilience in both.  Im weaker using.full arena with my barbs 1h set up.  Sure i last a little longer but my damage output is pathetic. Low attack speed, low penetration, low accuracy. Obviously you havent tested it yourself or you wouldnt be so biased.  On a side note- this set up only works with 1h and shield...when i use 2h my hp is below 3k and def only around 3k... so my recommendation is partial rogue gear for shield using barb- full resilience (heavy) for 2h barb