Question about resi

Kerry Tompsett

I had a discussion with a few people in my guild. It was regarding resi. They say resi is effective to reduce critical percentage against mobs. But I believe resi is only effective vs other players in game. It even says so on the rune it's only effective vs players. Were they correct about this?

I had a discussion with a few people in my guild. It was regarding resi. They say resi is effective to reduce critical percentage against mobs. But I believe resi is only effective vs other players in game. It even says so on the rune it's only effective vs players. Were they correct about this?

Resilience is for pure PvP purposes. Hence why they put it on arena gear. It is useless vs any mob.

Ok so to be accurate, it reduces received damage and chance of critical hit during a PVP fight. It works a little bit like defence. I am not sure if it does anything with PVE, probably not. Why would it be on arena gear otherwise?

It reduces: damage from normal hits, damage from critical hits, chance of being criticaly hit (all of this against PLAYERS)

Not sure bout mobs tho :c someone with enough free time should let a mob hit him/her 100 or 200 times with 0 resi, and then using resilence items, and see what happends.

Resilience works with mobs too, but it will not reduce damage from mobs, just mobs won't crit you :P

Edited by Cybernem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I am not quiet sure about it,

It used to be. Now it does what its description says. Use solidity for PvE.

Edited by TheCabbage

oh oh interesting... bored to go naked at big ravva bcs not strong enough to stand those 4k crit from breath catchers

But yes now u say it i can't remember taking crit from mobs in small ravva with my 22% resi

But it negates the poibt, why reduce crit and take more damage? If your tanking, wouldnt it be best to take the least damage from as many attacks as possible?

Say a creature as 30% critical chance, then would you rather take 100 damage from it and 1300 after 10 hits or have defence enough for 50% reduction to damage.

Not to mention resil decreases armour so.. its not really worth it in pve anyway.

Why are the servers down :?

But it negates the poibt, why reduce crit and take more damage? If your tanking, wouldnt it be best to take the least damage from as many attacks as possible?

Say a creature as 30% critical chance, then would you rather take 100 damage from it and 1300 after 10 hits or have defence enough for 50% reduction to damage.

Not to mention resil decreases armour so.. its not really worth it in pve anyway.

Why are the servers down :?

Yes i know resi is bad for pve, i just have a weird way to play:

im late on all amp so can't do dg, and to lazy to do chainless, so farm swamp everyday with druid to up mage to go dg

i can heal fast enough vs all mobs no matter my def, only **** is when i take a critical hit from breath catchers

yes yes ik it's weird...

I want to see 4x rogues with max damage reflection resi set +0 amps spamming ls on slug, if slug hits like 10k without def, how much is the dmg reflection from crit hits? :o

@Pacleb, in this case you should use some solidity. In pve it works exactly like resilience works in pvp. Solidity now reduces the chance of mobs dealing critical hits on you.

And what also hasn't been mentioned in this topic -> let's say you've got 10% resilience, then it will increase your physical and magical defense against players for 10%. However, against mobs it would decrease your defense for 10%.

That's why you should keep your resilience as low as possible in any pve actions, especially in dungeons.

Edited by Julie

@Pacleb, in this case you should use some solidity. In pve it works exactly like resilience works in pvp. Solidity now reduces the chance of mobs dealing critical hits on you.

And what also hasn't been mentioned in this topic -> let's say you've got 10% resilience, then it will increase your physical and magical defense against players for 10%. However, against mobs it would decrease your defense for 10%.

That's why you should keep your resilience as low as possible in any pve actions, especially in dungeons.

Yes yes i know, but atm i can't afford to have two sets of gears, and as i like arena i just go full arena set.

As long as i do swamps i don't care to take 20-30% more dmg from mobs bcs resi. For a lvl 23 druid there's no problem. Only those high crit where annoying, and i couldn't choose between resi runes or def runes.

Now that i know resi as not only drawbacks in pve im going to go full resi (even low amped druid is fun in arena if full resi bcs it's hard to kill.

for solidity well... i don't like it, i prefer use HP on belt (or resi if arena) to have as much HP as possible as bcs im druid.

For cloak idk. Does parry work for casters? or need melee weapon?

says who uses 15+% resilence on her gear for dg  :rofl:

Resilience

Every player will have 5% Resilience as a basic stat of their character. This defensive bonus will be replaced in every PvP weapon (that is purchased from Arena vendor) by the new PvP bonus called "Ferocity".

The "Resilience" bonus now has very positive effect in PvP and negative in PvE fights. Every character has a higher chance of avoiding a critical hit and decreased incoming damage during fights with other players. However, if this character fights monsters, physical and magical defense is decreased.

Basic 5% Resilience bonus doesn't have any negative effects in PvE

Ferocity

PvP weapon bonus that increases your damage to other players. In PvE its effect is negative and decreases your damage to monsters.

Solidity

Bonus that decreases the chance and damage of a Critical hit against you. It is PvE only stat that works exactly like Resilience.

"Solidity" can be enhanced by the new runes which can be inserted in helmets, cloaks and belts. Moreover its amount is affected by physical defense which defines basic bonus percentage. The more physical defense you have - the more solid you are!

Additional items will be added to our game to enhance these bonuses: scrolls, crystals and runes. "Penetration" bonus remains unchanged. (release 5.7)

Edited by Aкasha

says who uses 15+% resilence on her gear for dg :rofl:

Oh Sai, you are so mean! I bought that stupid expensive craft gear just because of you :cray: And BY THE WAY, my resilience is only about 6,5% now when I'm using my pve set and even with the resilience removing some defense I still have about 5,5k :( Edited by Julie

Oh Sai, you are so mean! I bought that stupid expensive craft gear just because of you :cray: And BY THE WAY, my resilience is only about 6,5% now when I'm using my pve set and even with the resilience removing some defense I still have about 5,5k :(

yes after 1 year of nagging..u finally  changed a bit 

yes after 1 year of nagging..u finally  changed a bit

You are always nagging >_> no matter what :D you are silly about such things :3 and I'm still a better damager than you!

You are always nagging >_> no matter what :D you are silly about such things :3 and I'm still a better damager than you!

my build is survival setup ..not dmg setup..i changed it for farming snow dgs and tp dgs ..so shush xd

Resilience

Every player will have 5% Resilience as a basic stat of their character. This defensive bonus will be replaced in every PvP weapon (that is purchased from Arena vendor) by the new PvP bonus called "Ferocity".

The "Resilience" bonus now has very positive effect in PvP and negative in PvE fights. Every character has a higher chance of avoiding a critical hit and decreased incoming damage during fights with other players. However, if this character fights monsters, physical and magical defense is decreased.

Basic 5% Resilience bonus doesn't have any negative effects in PvE

Ferocity

PvP weapon bonus that increases your damage to other players. In PvE its effect is negative and decreases your damage to monsters.

Solidity

Bonus that decreases the chance and damage of a Critical hit against you. It is PvE only stat that works exactly like Resilience.

"Solidity" can be enhanced by the new runes which can be inserted in helmets, cloaks and belts. Moreover its amount is affected by physical defense which defines basic bonus percentage. The more physical defense you have - the more solid you are!

Additional items will be added to our game to enhance these bonuses: scrolls, crystals and runes. "Penetration" bonus remains unchanged. (relea

ty :)