Vonmoger

Let's be honest mages are in a slump right now... Here's how I see how we ca solve the problem easy and efficient. But Aigrind and it's moderators need to be willing to cooperate to their players if they want there game to be as enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible.

*DON'T nerf other classes just to bring Mage up to par with them*

This will just result in alot of people (all who play classes not named Mage) upset and dissapointed. And will lead to increased boredom of the game. we don't want that now, do we? no we want it to be more enjoyable.

*I do not recommend making a huge, revolutionary change to mages*

We do not want this to swing in the other way, that mages become to overpowered which will lead to a nerf and as I explained above that will lead to dissapointment. Right now it feels like the creators don't know where they want to go with the class mage, it feels like the class is slowly losing its identity.

*Make small tweaks to slowly improve mages*

The best way to fix this problem without losing control and swinging it the other way. Start with finding small issues with the class and start to improve them. For example the issue where retribution rune can ruin the ethereal barriers "block damage". Make the it so that the retribution rune does not affect the barrier. An other issue would be the weakess of the mages skill "sun armor". just improve it by adding a additional effect to it, like a percentage of the magic damage taken will damage the attacker or heal the mage for example.

And by doing this we are little by little improving the mage and when we have fixed all the details and small problems with the class, it will be easier to find the mages identity again, it will be easier to develop the mage in the future since you know what you want the mage to be in the future. 

Let's not get defensive about this Aigrind, the community is here to help you create a game that everyone can enjoy and have equal fun, Companies who ignores the requests of their customers will more than often fail in the long run. I'm getting terribly frightened that this will be the case with Aigrind aswell, especially since this game has so much potential waiting to be fulfilled.

Just several questions:

what is a purpose of this? What kind of issues in game do you have with mage?

Not these details, but what is a general issue, in which area of the game?

And can this issue be solved if game is played with other classes in party?

I know the answers in advance, just to be sure.

Edited by r0land

What about barrier problem? Can fix? Or its ok if mage more weak?

more weak than who?

Weak in which situation?

Can other characters help in this situation?

if needed help can bring my friends and kill any... but i  talk 1vs1 when no need others help... another situation mage is good...

Edited by skynete

but i  talk 1vs1 when no need others help

Want to kill, kil and kill? Rogue and ranger for your consideration.

Every class has it's own utility, if you can't kill someone just choose another class, that can kill.

Every class has it's own utility, if you can't kill someone just choose another class, that can kill.

The purpose of this is to make the class Mage more satisfying to play aswell as help find the identity of the class. Very well explained in my first post I hope. Right now mage isn't offering anything unique which gives little to no reason to play the class other then a personal connection to the class... If you go for dmg, you choose ranger 10/10 over mage, You do not pick mages for Crowd Control either when mages crowd control is probably the most unsatisfying crowd control out of all classes. You are definetely not going for the tankyness and nor the for healing. All of which are qualities are almost essential to this game's form of dungeons or boss fights. I find it very hard, almost impossible to get a party for bosses or dungeons. This is because the mage is not very useful in these aspects of the game, which you will probably answer: "Alright m8, but every class has it own utility m8" But mages are bad at PvP and Arena aswell, And to that you will answer: "well hold on there m8, What if you have a party who can help you out with that m8?" Well here's the deal though, I shouldn't have to wait for somebody else to log into the game to be able to play the game myself should I? Finding a party takes time and since not all players have friends that play the game they have to bargain with other players, who most definetely are playing other classes than mage for all that matters, since they don't waste their time on that shit they think. The only aspect of the game where I find the Mage even remotely decent is Wars. Because of their AoE. But that is all they are useful for. And this game is much else than wars. we all realize that, right?. Of course any class can be useful everywhere at +10 amplification or so. But do you base this game for the 1% of the players who are fortunate enough to be able to have such a large budget for a game? no, that would be stupid. But as the french revolution taught us, if the remaining 99% of the population is unsatisfied, in this case the players, this will results in a increasing amount of complaints, and I don't think I have to explain further of this matter metaphorically since you figure out where I'm going. 

By the way there isn't any right or wrong way to answer your question, you are trying to lead me into giving the answers that you seek. And besides it feels like you completely disregarded the content of the first post I made. You do realize that it is impossible that all of the complaints concerning the weakness of the class "mage" is not all from mindless kids but instead do have some sense in them. You can easily throw all of the complaints in the trashcan, just like a dictatorship, but the pile is starting to stack up.

Sorry for the large response, but it's just to be sure...

Delete mage and make a blade dancer. You will never have to ask for buffs on forum again.

Hey man, Blade dancer is not interesting... besides you can never be a skilled player with that class, It's too simplified for me.

more weak than who?

Weak in which situation?

Can other characters help in this situation?

You are fading away from the real point he is bringing up. Let's make this simple, The ethereal barrier is a skill with a cool concept, right? Why ruin such a good concept for a skill just because of retribution rune? It's not like making retribution rune NOT affecting ethereal barrier will make mages OP, right? And to answer you question in advance, there is no other class, to my knowledge, who can in this situation join my party and alter the game mechanics to make retribution rune not affect ethereal barrier. Just to be sure.

I shouldn't have to wait for somebody else to log into the game to be able to play the game myself should I?

our game is MMO rpg, massive multiplayer online game.

Single player game is for situation like this, in MMO rpgs classes connected with each other adding different profits.

Aoe damage, dot, straight character damage, healing, support damage, a lot of stuff, that's why we have many classes, not just one who can everything.

And that's why we have rules every class follow, that's why you have a choice between classes.

Sometimes we can actually change something in skill mechanics, but now it totally not necessary.

Single player game is for situation like this, in MMO rpgs classes connected with each other adding different profits.

Aoe damage, dot, straight character damage, healing, support damage, a lot of stuff, that's why we have many classes, not just one who can everything.

And that's why we have rules every class follow, that's why you have a choice between classes.

Sometimes we can actually change something in skill mechanics, but now it totally not necessary.

Seems like you guys know what you're doing.

But I always wanted to know how you devs feel about the current BD.

It truly is a op character.

I like my mage his utility and barrier.. no need choose other class...

But This retribution rune is new and for other class is good, only for mages bad coz destroy barrier effect. I just not like this... If it's easy for fix then do pls. If hard or can't then it's ok no more way..

Sorry for my bad English

so you managed to find a counter argument on a sentence of my response. But that doesn't mean that you have explained the entire matter of all this. But I'm gonna make this simple for u. Atleast Read my comments regarding ethereal barrier below and say your oppinion on the matter? is this 7 damage mechanic good for the game or just ruining the fun? I'll give you a round of applause if you find a way to justify this interaction between, retribution rune and ethereal barrier. But this is not only for mage but this mechanic in general. I don't know if this is the case but if this interaction exist on rogues evade skill or barbarians tough skin you should fix that aswell. Because these skills were'nt intended to block 7 damage from retribution but to change the tides of a entire fight by blocking a major skill. (I certainly hope)

Hey man, Blade dancer is not interesting... besides you can never be a skilled player with that class, It's too simplified for me.

You are fading away from the real point he is bringing up. Let's make this simple, The ethereal barrier is a skill with a cool concept, right? Why ruin such a good concept for a skill just because of retribution rune? It's not like making retribution rune NOT affecting ethereal barrier will make mages OP, right? And to answer you question in advance, there is no other class, to my knowledge, who can in this situation join my party and alter the game mechanics to make retribution rune not affect ethereal barrier. Just to be sure.

so you managed to find a counter argument on a sentence of my response. But that doesn't mean that you have explained the entire matter of all this. But I'm gonna make this simple for u. Atleast Read my comments regarding ethereal barrier below and say your oppinion on the matter? is this 7 damage mechanic good for the game or just ruining the fun? I'll give you a round of applause if you find a way to justify this interaction between, retribution rune and ethereal barrier. But this is not only for mage but this mechanic in general. I don't know if this is the case but if this interaction exist on rogues evade skill or barbarians tough skin you should fix that aswell. Because these skills were'nt intended to block 7 damage from retribution but to change the tides of a entire fight by blocking a major skill. (I certainly hope)

where can I find the statement that mage's skill should work exactly like rogue's or barbarian's?

Does it also removes rogue reflex and barb stone skin?

It removes stone skin, but I am not sure about the reflex.

where can I find the statement that mage's skill should work exactly like rogue's or barbarian's?

1) please stop being ignorant... I have to wait a long time to post something because I need like 3 more approved posts.

2) we are not talking about the concept of the skills since they are obviously different, that is besides the point and a completely different subject from what we are discussing here. It is just stupid to bring that up in this instance. We are talking about the mechanic of the retribution rune and its interaction towards some skills.

3) You act very similarly to Hillary Clinton in your ability to dodge the real questions that we are dealing with. Maybe try to read what I'm writing slowly so you can follow the content with ease so that you can give a real answer this time. 

I will shorten this down since I'm getting tired of this stupidity and I repeat:

The ethereal barrier has a good concept and I congratulate whoever came up with that idea, so why ruin that good of a concept just because of the interaction the retribution rune has towards ethereal barrier? there is nothing justifying this at all. It is a flaw so easy to spot but yet it is overlooked. The consequences of fixing this interaction of retribution and ethereal barrier will result in: the Mage class will be more enjoyable to play aswell as there will be less complaints from the community. 

I only put one question mark in this text above, (question mark = ? ) I even underlined the question that I want you to answer, and please, without changing subject or dodging away this time. I remember when I was playing this game several years ago I had so much respect for you r0land.

Mage Barrier should stack when lvl it up. 3/3 can be slow sometimes

how about adding a fourth point? however I don't feel like ethereal barrier needs buff, just fix

Yea about this retribution rune distroying ethereal barrier, I c your point vonmoger.

I have this solution I mean if it possible,

"Instead of letting such a cheap DMG ranging from 7-20 destroy the barrier, y don't u let it hit the mage in the barrier instead" coz the concept/discription of the skill is really good to let just a 7 DMG on barrier destroys the barrier

OR

since retribution rune destroys barrier...... Then I guess you should let that same rune destroys rouge reflex and barbarian stone skill as well then things are equal...

OR

just fix the rune from destroying the barrier like I have said above.

Dunno what to discuss here.

Rune is working correctly, skill is working correctly, fix is not planned.