Tips for Paldin entering lvl 18+

Ulder

Hello all I've been playing for a few weeks in EU Emerald as paladin.

Level 18 is approaching but i have some doubts on which gear to get myself, which experts and skill progression.

I know this has been talked in the forum and I read already all the useful tips, but I do not know if some are outdated or not.

I mainly PvE/Farm , with PvP just for fun.

1) Which gear should i aim for? DD?ED? Two pieces of Each?

Or get a couple and wait for golden dawn set? I'm confused :D

For what concerns magic and physical dmg amu,rings and cloak?

I guess mace and shield is best for PvE, or should i get a spear? (I know both might be best, but gold allows me to focus on one for now)

2) Heroic Skills. Banner from what i've understood is the best, and i'm getting that first, but after? And skilling them?

3) Atm I am 3/5puri  5/5 Fetters 3/5 Heal. Should i skill aura for a balanced paladin or finish off heal or puri?

Thank you in advance,

Ulder

i would say 5/5purify 5/5fetter 3/5heal

get banner and make it 4/4.

i used burning rage in helm and chest because many accu and crit which i like, and dd in boot and glove for def. With skyfire rings, and magic cape and amulet. Get dmg amulet with hp life steal dmg if you can. For weapons both is very good and you might need different one for different situations. Use block enchants on belt and shield. Choose a good shield, dont waste a stat slot with hp regen or something.

SKILL INFO:

5/5 purify comes as 1st

5/5 fetter comes as 2nd

3/5 heal comes in 3rd

than get banner and do 4/4 till ur lvl24+ u can lvlup either strike or sun seal

what to buy expert skills depending what weapons ur gona be using mostly:

for a shield user: banner > call > strike > sun seal > illumination (at lvl26 do strike 3/4)

for a 2handed user: banner > call > sun seal > strike > illumination (at lvl26 do sun seal 3/4)

why sun seal and strike are the only ones getting differentiated its becuz:

if ur a shield user than ull get the best result of strike using 3/4 not 4/4 cuz banner is more effective at highest lvl

if ur a 2handed user than ull get the best result of sun seal using 3/4 not 4/4 again ofc cuz banner is more effective at highest lvl

GEAR:

i suggest u mix as u want both are good depending also on ur amp if ur a low amper aka +8 max than i suggest getting 2 DD and 2 arena

if ur a +9-10 than i suggest getting the 2ED and 2arena

why 2 arena mix in a pve?

answer: its becuz the resilience lowers the % of critics u get from bosses and mobs also makes u good in pvp (dont forget to enchant ur armor and boots with resilience)

why DD if ur low amp and ED if ur high amp?

answer: DD has a Defense bonus and defense gets less effective when u have high defense aka high amp and more effective if u have low defense aka low amp

ED has an HP bonus which makes it more effective if u have high defense u wont need more defense

good luck with ur paladin bq190.gif

i forgot to mention: Sacred Shield sucks and u wont use it, waste of gold now!!ba174.gif

Edited by lallouss

Illumination is also waste. If you don't have enough gold, don't bother. And if you are a shield user, I'd say, get strike right after banner and before call. And 2 handed then get sacred shield after banner and call and sun seal, no need for strike imo. You can buy it later if u decided to have a shield.

I can't add anything from what zeus said about gears :P just get arena armor and boots, dd gloves n helmet. I'd say get Arena wpns or cheap wpns and save gold to buy lvl23 ones and amp them.

Edited by Gladiator

• 3 weeks later...