(Resiliance) Resilience*

Bopp

Yeah so I searched this topic and I couldn't find anything to satisfy my fancy so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew how resilience compared to defence. I'm not asking who prefers what and all that bullshit. I was wondering if anyone knew stats or if anyone knew how they compare statistic wise. Like how much resil equalls how much def and that sort of thing. Thankyou for your time (:

I think it happens like this, so imagine you have 1000 def and someone does 100 dmg to you, 1000 def equals to 10% def, so 100-(100x10%) which makes 90 dmg dealt to you, and then resilience is probably another reduced percentage of that damage, so 10% resilience reduces another 9 damage from the 90 damage you take, making 81 damage recieved, its either like that or it is what it says in the description, it reduces chance of critical hits

Just my input, might not be completely accurate though

1% resi equals pretty accurately to 0.5% def and mdef.

So for example, 50% def and 20% resi = 60% armor. Same for mdef.

But of course, resilience def effect is only in PvP. While in PvE it only reduces crit chance and damage.

Thanks for the percentages, I knew about it only being effective in PvP. Also thanks to whatever genius corrected the spelling of the topic name *derp*

Here's how damage is calculated:

First your defense % will remove some of the damage you would receive. For example if you receive an attack with 500 damage but you have 10% defense. This damage will be reduced to 450 (10% of 500 is 50).

Now after your defense reduced the damage, it's time for the resilience to reduce even more damage. But resilience damage reduction will be applied upon 450 and not 500.

So following this example, if you have 10% defense along with 10% resilience, damage will be further reduced to 405 (10% of 450 is 45).

Also saying 1% resilience equals to 0.5% defense is wrong. Go test it for yourself, wear arena gears (helmet, armor, gloves and boots) and don't enchant magic defense. You will have some resilience and 0% magic defense. Now have a caster attack you and you will realize the damage reduction will be equal to the resilience you have. Example 500 magic damage on a 0% magic defense and 10% resilience target will make the damage 450. 

Also we known penetration bypasses some part of defense (and magic defense) but not resilience.

Edited by nabnecro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After seconds of endless researches and calculations, I've reached this result, and I'm glad to share it with you guys and I wanna thank Xredbirdx for helping me in this sh*t.

Resilience formula is pretty complicated, I still couldn't figure it out, but all I can say that 1% resi = 0.5% def is the best solution. It is right what Nabnecro said, that 10% resi with 0 def won't show that 1% resi equals 0.5% def. But, however when we combine def and resi together it shows a more accurate number than his formula.

So here is my calculations...

39.6% Mdef + 18.4% resi, receiving a Mdmg of 241 from a 469 damage Druid with 0% pene.

According to my theory, 39.6% def and 18.4 resi should make 48.8% total damage reduction. 469 on 48.8% ends up 240. Pretty accurate.

Now if we do the other way, 469 will become 283 when we count only defense, and then 18.4% resi from 283, makes 231. Ain't accurate enuf.

I also tested 0 Mdef and 18.4% resi, against the same person (removed rings and amulet).

469 damage became 400. 

If we do 1% resi = 0.5% way, we get to have 9,2% def. And thus the 469 would  be 426, but it's not the case.

Also if we do it 18.4%, it wouldn't give us the right amount, which is 383, and which is wrong as well. So I don't know from where Nabnecro got his fact that 500 damage will be 450 with 10% resi and 0% def.

But this won't affect the accuracy of my theory, because it still works pretty good when we deal with def and resi combined.

So I am led to the conclusion, that there is another factor(hp?) that affects the resilience's damage reduction, but I still don't know it, or there is a completely different formula for it, and I accidently got almost accurate results with my theory. Until then, 1% resi = 0.5% def is the most accurate.

Thank you for your precious time.

• 2 weeks later...

1% resilience is not 0.5% defence lmfao. Having a 500 attack character attacking a 0 % defence and 10% resilience character will immediately refute your formula.

Edited by nabnecro

I also tested 0 Mdef and 18.4% resi, against the same person (removed rings and amulet).

469 damage became 400. 

If we do 1% resi = 0.5% way, we get to have 9,2% def. And thus the 469 would  be 426, but it's not the case.

Also if we do it 18.4%, it wouldn't give us the right amount, which is 383, and which is wrong as well. So I don't know from where Nabnecro got his fact that 500 damage will be 450 with 10% resi and 0% def.

But this won't affect the accuracy of my theory, because it still works pretty good when we deal with def and resi combined. Well at least better than any other explanation.

Only if you read everything..

I don't get it. The attacker didn't have any dmg buff and 15% def from guild buff on me won't affect 0% def, so what buffs are you talking about?

• 4 months later...

Yeah so I searched this topic and I couldn't find anything to satisfy my fancy so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew how resilience compared to defence. I'm not asking who prefers what and all that bullshit. I was wondering if anyone knew stats or if anyone knew how they compare statistic wise. Like how much resil equalls how much def and that sort of thing. Thankyou for your time (:

Every since dev change the resiliance skill, it's great when your in arena or pvp. But if you had a full arena set before the update, it useless to use when your doing dailies or pve. You take more dmg from arena gear than a non arena, and ferocity is excellent in arena, but again if you're using arena gear as your main equipment, your wasting your time and repair on dailies. So my advice, if your doing pvp as well as pve, get 2 gears, which require a lot of amping.

1% resil = 1% damage minus from the enemy who hitting you . Also 1% criticals avoiding 

Penetration increases the damage furthermore

Edited by heavybowus