Sacred shield

Crystana

Now it's rare to see good paladin, many veterans retired. I only saw 2 pala lv 26 in war just now, the rest are paladins bellow lv 18. So sad :(

Bad time for war my child OwO if it was on a better time i would lead us to victory..

Ha ha who am i kidding, a lvl2 warlock army can stop all elfs from all servers xD thats the only thing why we cant win, warlock circle too op in war

If they make it cast and gone like earthquake than it would be better abit ;3

MC skills that slow down/stun enemy in area:

Warlock 2 circles, Healing Totem, Acid Rain, Earthquake, Panic, Fateful Connection(not sure if slows).

>only Dark Circle has limited targets and still OP.

Elf skills that slow down/stun enemy in area:

Banner, Fetter, Song, Shattered Stone.

>all of them have limited targets, except Stones which has only a chance of stunning for 2 secs.

Back to topic: Make Pala a bit tankier than sheets of paper compared to other tanks, and stop screwing our AoE, cus it's the only thing we have.

Edited by Gladiator

BD and priest have less contribution in war -_- , but if developers buff BD's skill everyone will complain, the only solution is buff priest in the next update skill :wub: 

Give them AoE damage or AoE support skill, or anything gud. At least give them skill that can remove rogue's stealth ::)

Back to topic: fix sacred shield with that pala become a bit tankier, it's not "sacred" shield it's "profane" shield

MC skills that slow down/stun enemy in area:

Warlock 2 circles, Healing Totem, Acid Rain, Earthquake, Panic, Fateful Connection(not sure if slows).

>only Dark Circle has limited targets and still OP.

Elf skills that slow down/stun enemy in area:

Banner, Fetter, Song, Shattered Stone.

>all of them have limited targets, except Stones which has only a chance of stunning for 2 secs.

Back to topic: Make Pala a bit tankier than sheets of paper compared to other tanks, and stop screwing our AoE, cus it's the only thing we have.

Use this

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/45473-comparison-of-sentinelslegion-war-skills-aoe/

But I agree to the fact that paladin could get something making of him a better tank than blade dancer.

Use this

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/45473-comparison-of-sentinelslegion-war-skills-aoe/

But I agree to the fact that paladin could get something making of him a better tank than blade dancer.

In war it's not always about AoE , it's about effectiveness of skills. For example rogues don't need big wave to pass Elves defence, if they smart they can evade ranger's trap/mage AoE/pala AoE and they can hit flag, at least 1 rogue can deal 1-3k to flag.

If I could command MCs, I will command big wave of MCs(except rogues) to attack from one side of Elf's town, and the rest rogues spread and attack from all other side. Imagine the damage they dealt as we know rogues are overpopulated class.

If you are elves commander what is your best sequence of attack to raid Legion Camp? with overpopulated BDs & druids, and small population of paladins and mages. :blush:

We have enough, never said the opposite. But the fact that Elves AoEs got limited/nerfed while MC's are staying as they are is dumb and unbalanced. Yes Circle got nerfed but ,come on, it is still one of the strongest AoE skills. And we all know crazy OP healing totem right now, so I don't need to say anything regarding that hopefully.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't play this game anymore just because they made pala too nerf. And m not the only one :D

MAY A GLORIOUS TIME OF PALADINS AWAIT US WITH THIS UPDATE

Being canceled is the smallest problem, I don't mind it.

nope it is a big problems.

it reveals the spagghetti code aigrind cooked

• 2 weeks later...

Question from a new player that would love to play a paladin,

I read a lot of negativity and it seems you guys are lacking defensively compared to any other tank, with that said are paladins still viable? How about pvp?

Does not seem this new skill has given you guys what you were after, hopefully they patch it.

Thanks

The first rule of this forum - never listen to all this update whine.

This is their natural reaction to every change that is made in our game.

Wut o.o lel xD

Btw sacred shield 40sec cooldown for same effect as a priest or necro shield at same lvls i guess, is totally bad

Lets just say im not right becuz im overeacting about sacred shield but if u test it in any type of combat u will agree with me

So judge not my opinion on my words, judge it by telling me how can this skill be usefull in what scenario? Worst shield skill in warspear need be fixed somehow OwO

40sec cooldown bad

Damage absorbent bad

Can cast it on others good

No paladin use it unless they dnt know how to play paladin

Come on R0lando, we all know the skill sucks ever since we made that topic that you closed long time ago.

Anyways for that fellow Paladin, Paladin is great and perfect for me in PvP, especially in group play. In dungeons, after the latest fixes, they got better as a damage dealer, but yeah, defensively compared to other tanks, Paladin is still the weakest. And I will show you with examples so you don't call it whining:-

-The new skill has good amount of def buff but also too long cd, 90 secs, and since it's a party buff it doesn't add much to the Paladin over BD. Dark Shield (An almost passive basic skill for Death Knight) is better, it reduces around 120 fixed damage(Correct me some DK)? Well, 40% additional def (around 8.2% in percentages for me(50% def)) reduces less than that amount against a 1000 hitting boss. Do the math, from 500(with 50% def) damage to 420(58.2%).

-Another def skill is Sarcred Shield, worst shield, barely holds 700 damage with at max lvl with 40 seconds cooldown,@R0land call it whining or whatever you want, but the skill is bad for anyone with common sense. Bladedancer's shield has almost half of that cooldown with way stronger effect. And Barb's Stone skin reduces 80% damage each 4 seconds (PASSIVE). Do the math in an example where Paladin and Barb tank the same boss and see how much damage each skill saves in 40 seconds, Sacred shield saves fixed 700 and Stone Skin saves 80% of the the damage each 4 secs, i.e. you receive 100 damage instead of 500 in that 1000 damage boss example each 4 seconds so imagine how much damage you will have saved in that 40 sec duration of Sacred Shield, see the big difference yet?

-Another skill is Sun Seal, it debuffs a selected target, and attacks on that target returns a percentage of the HP to the hitter. Deathknight has the same Life Steal buff, but it works for the character, that means that AoE skills could benefit from that skill and that makes Steel Hurricane + Saturation combo like an HP potion against group of mobs. while our AoE won't be buff from Sun Seal since it's only 1 target skill, in addition to that, being a self buff skill, there is no chance to miss it against bosses like Sun Seal. (Make it a character cast buff and it will be fair enough, to keep it's support role, just make it like shield skills for example, but instead of adding a shield, it adds a life steal buff for some time).

You see R0land it's not whining, I just said facts, all Paladin's def skills are worse compared to other tanks I can show you that through screenshots, videos and if you log in game too I will show you live :P.

Edited by Gladiator

Come on R0lando, we all know the skill sucks ever since we made that topic that you closed long time ago.

Anyways for that fellow Paladin, Paladin is great and perfect for me in PvP, especially in group play. In dungeons, after the latest fixes, they got better as a damage dealer, but yeah, defensively compared to other tanks, Paladin is still the weakest. And I will show you with examples so you don't call it whining:-

-The new skill has good amount of def buff but also too long cd, 90 secs, and since it's a party buff it doesn't add much to the Paladin over BD. Dark Shield (An almost passive basic skill for Death Knight) is better, it reduces around 120 fixed damage(Correct me some DK)? Well, 40% additional def (around 8.2% in percentages for me(50% def)) reduces less than that amount against a 1000 hitting boss. Do the math, from 500(with 50% def) damage to 420(58.2%).

-Another def skill is Sarcred Shield, worst shield, barely holds 700 damage with at max lvl with 40 seconds cooldown,@R0land call it whining or whatever you want, but the skill is bad for anyone with common sense. Bladedancer's shield has almost half of that cooldown with way stronger effect. And Barb's Stone skin reduces 80% damage each 4 seconds (PASSIVE). Do the math in an example where Paladin and Barb tank the same boss and see how much damage each skill saves in 40 seconds, Sacred shield saves fixed 700 and Stone Skin saves 80% of the the damage each 4 secs, i.e. you receive 100 damage instead of 500 in that 1000 damage boss example each 4 seconds so imagine how much damage you will have saved in that 40 sec duration of Sacred Shield, see the big difference yet?

-Another skill is Sun Seal, it debuffs a selected target, and attacks on that target returns a percentage of the HP to the hitter. Deathknight has the same Life Steal buff, but it works for the character, that means that AoE skills could benefit from that skill and that makes Steel Hurricane + Saturation combo like an HP potion against group of mobs. while our AoE won't be buff from Sun Seal since it's only 1 target skill, in addition to that, being a self buff skill, there is no chance to miss it against bosses like Sun Seal. (Make it a character cast buff and it will be fair enough, to keep it's support role, just make it like shield skills for example, but instead of adding a shield, it adds a life steal buff for some time).

You see R0land it's not whining, I just said facts, all Paladin's def skills are worse compared to other tanks I can show you that through screenshots, videos and if you log in game too I will show you live :P.

What he said!

• 1 month later...

Wish sacred was a inc block skill(passive) lol

Or each shield that orbit the pala or whoever you cast it on, blocks(skill points determined how many attacks get block)

Edited by Buffguyx

yeah, it's annoying when pala weak shield dispel mighty priest shield :blush:

Yes, because of that you cant even properly use it when in party

• 4 months later...

Is this skill is worth buying or not for now?

totally useless for now.

Buy banner and make 4/4 for op dmg

buy harad call for stun and teleport

buy illumination for agro and good dmg (idk if it's worth lvling up for dmg)

buy sun seal for dmg and focus banner, lvl up for life stealth

rest is quite useless, shield bash perhaps for dmg and stun if u are a shield pala