Sacred shield

Crystana

Just a warning for palas who think about using skill points for this shield: It is ultra weak and its strenght depends on the max hp of the shielded person.

So if you shield a caster with low hp it has even less effect than on your high hp pala.

And even using it on your pala doesnt even prevent you from a single hit of enemy players or high lvl mobs. on low lvls. On high lvls you may avoid one hit that way, but dont expect much from it. Put your skill points in banner as usual ;)

A nice and probably fast fix for this skill would be that the absorbed dmg will be absorbed AFTER subtracting the def+resil of the char. That way it may get a useful skill :)

Edited by Crystana

Hes right ^

Less hp: Sacred Shield Low

More hp: Sacred Shield High

Less defence: Scared Shield High

More defence: Scared Shield Low

So its best going naked with high hp: Sacred Shield Very High

Paladins.. its time to get naked xD

Fuc me, I knew this skill was as much of a piece of shit at lvl3/4 as it is at lvl1, I mean a lvl1 newbie caster could break it in 1 hit, but I always thought it still depended on the "paladin's hp" when they use it on others.

Let me get this straight:

- Doesn't depend on defence

- Doesn't depend on magic either

- Low ass protection

- Depends on the shielded person's hp!

I thought this was a support skill? this is worse than priests/necros basic shield skills.

So with this, using the skill on someone else could possibly reducing it's capabilities, but it's a support skill, it's meant to be used on other people or else they wouldn't have made it so that it could be used on one players. It's predominantly going to be used on healers and damages, classes with usually with lower hp and less survivability that any "Tank" would want to protect.

They're saying: would you rather go into battle with one shit shield or two even shitter shields, would you rather take 1 piece of paper or 2 wet paper napkins as protection to a gun battle. I can't help but feel that the skill's mechanism is contradicting it's use. This needs to be fixed.

They're saying: would you rather go into battle with one shit shield or two even shitter shields, would you rather take 1 piece of paper or 2 wet paper napkins as protection to a gun battle. I can't help but feel that the skill's mechanism is contradicting it's use. This needs to be fixed.

This summarizes Sacred Shield gg devs gg (:

This topic should have been added long ago... Glad it is now.

Yes!!! This sheet of paper should be fixed. I have it 4/4 for test purposes and it barely holds 700 dmg... seems gonna keep it 1/4 and with that, devs will have added a new animation skill beside illumination :/

Just noticed :

When the day when this shield was out in market I used it along with priest shield and THEY BOTH WORKED TOGETHER

but recently I tried the same and guess what... It's either the priest shield or this palas shield

Instead of making it a bit worthy they made it nerf ...well it's a big turnoff btw ...

Peace

I didn't notice that.. But yeah, shields cancel each other, it is like when a priest uses his shield on another priest's shield.

I didn't notice that.. But yeah, shields cancel each other, it is like when a priest uses his shield on another priest's shield.

Nub :P

WTF! Even bladedancers shield and priests shield work together. Wow, make that skill weaker and weaker XD

Maybe in next update Sacred Shield gets cancelled when just any other skill is active on target or caster :)

bd shield skill is a different buff than the priest shield one

u can see that on the buffbar :(

Jesus Christ why!??

cuz who created sacred shield is a.... is a....  :facepalm:

Just found a good joke in the skill description:

Sacred Shield (active)
Surrounds itself or its ally with a powerful barrier that absorbs a fixed amount of damage.

;D

I fought gladi a couple times and it seems that even without max hp he seems to be soaking dmg.

Skill doesn't need a buff when it blocks 600+ i.e regular support shield at 3.8k hp.

Or should i pull out the same card gladiator used in my prior topic.

Secret reserve activates when you're nearly dead and block

The skill also has the ability to be used on two entities? You're basically a support class now.

And that damage soaking at such a low hp.. Tsk tsk...

600 damage at 4/4.. you think that is comparable with any other tank skills that barb or dk got before, even if you wanna consider it as support, 600 damage absorption every 40 secs is too low, even 200 heal from our healing skill is better since it has low cd, and Sacred Shield should be "expert". That's not even a good support.

Bds shield blocks more at 1/4 than palas shield at 4/4 :shok: With lower cooldown...

And i agree new DK skill should be improved. As should palas shield. Both classes arent quite top rank, giving them now ridicoulus weak expert skills (especially compared to other classes) is just making it worse.

That Secret Reserve sucks is no reason to not improve Sacred Shield

Edited by Crystana

Bds shield blocks more at 1/4 than palas shield at 4/4 :shok: With lower cooldown...

And i agree new DK skill should be improved. As should palas shield. Both classes arent quite top rank, giving them now ridicoulus weak expert skills (especially compared to other classes) is just making it worse.

That Secret Reserve sucks is no reason to not improve Sacred Shield

perfect post

i dont know much about dk secret reserve skill thats why i never compared it to pala shield, but comparing a shity skill with another shity skill is lolz

lets not fight with each other about how nub pala n dk new skill is, lets focus our aim to devs on changing them bq4.gif

Yea, that's because they are both a different buffs. They don't cancel each other, while our shield is same as Priest's.

• 2 weeks later...

Sacred shield needs a buff? Yeah damn sure it does. Just maxed it to test it out and its worst shield ever. Even a lvl 1 priest shield does better job in shielding. Devs, you guys should really hear out for users openions. I hope this gets fixed soon.....

Two topics were at support, one got closed, the other CLOSED and moved to tavern.  :good:

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/49295-sacred-shield-bug-report/%20%20%20%20

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php/topic/49686-another-paladin-sacred-shield-topic/

Enjoy.

Edited by gladiator

• 1 month later...

Yea I know I'm late but that skill need to be passive

If it wouldn't somehow lose the supporting role of it, then ok. Edited by Gladiator

If it wouldn't somehow lose the supporting role of it, then ok.

Or maybe a party buff skill. I figure it out that it works well if hp is low but due to low cooldown, it sucks. I wanted it passive where it can activate on it's on. Like all other class. Since barb have it, they're now balanced

Ok I'm back on this topic.. I tested this "shield" on a level 8 and found out that this skill is base on % or max of the HP of who's being shield. The level 8 has 767 HP taking 98dmg from a mob. My shield was on 1/4. After the first hit, the mage received 2dmg. So it was able to stop 96. My HP is 4205 and I absorb 160dmg from same mob and I received 31dmg from mob. Just throwing that out.

Ok I'm back on this topic.. I tested this "shield" on a level 8 and found out that this skill is base on % or max of the HP of who's being shield. The level 8 has 767 HP taking 98dmg from a mob. My shield was on 1/4. After the first hit, the mage received 2dmg. So it was able to stop 96. My HP is 4205 and I absorb 160dmg from same mob and I received 31dmg from mob. Just throwing that out.

Skill's formula is posted somewhere before , I'll get the link for you soon.