3414hp 467dr (13.67%dr)
3714hp 508dr

54.1%/7665def 3800hp 348dr
4243hp 389dr (9.16%dr)
4543hp 417dr

*each 4.99%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 20%
============================================================

dr: damage reduced

now u see the more defence u got the less dr result u get, the % of defence is effecting the dr result negatively is that suppose to happen? or should it be +1%dr not -1%dr for each x%def paladin got? plz answer asap so i know what to lvlup ty for ur time  :give_rose:

To calculate ur dr:

U need to know 3 things:

*lvl of ur Sacred Shield
*ur defence in %
*ur amount of hp

1. check where to look at which lvl is ur skill than get the base % meaning either 7% or 14% or 20% (4/4 i didnt do cuz i dont want to risk testing it for nothing) lets say the % is called X

2. note ur defence or memorize it lets say its called D

3. check ur hp we will call it HP

4. check where ur lvl skill is and the %def number to get -1%dr, example: at 3/4 Scared Shield we got *each 4.99%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 20%
what u need is the 4.99% lets call it Y

5. dr = HP * ( X - ( D / Y ) )
Edited by lallouss

Power of sacred shield depends from target's max hp. More hp - stronger shield.

the defence of the paladin also effecting the formula, should it effect it?

the more defence i got, the weaker shield i get this i wana know plz  :cray:

• Developer

the defence of the paladin also effecting the formula, should it effect it?

the more defence i got, the weaker shield i get this i wana know plz  :cray:

Amount of damage it could absorb depends only from max hp of target and it's not messing and not changing def stats.

Amount of damage it could absorb depends only from max hp of target and it's not messing and not changing def stats.

i can prove it to you that the def stat is making the shield weaker wait lemme get pictures bq4.gifbq13.gif

• Developer

i can prove it to you that the def stat is making the shield weaker wait lemme get pictures bq4.gifbq13.gif

Sounds weird! Will wait for pictures :)

Yes, please check it.. the more defence I got, the less my shield absorbs damage.. although my HP stays the same.

Edited by gladiator

As u can see i took first a picture of my skill lvl 3/4

post-9158-0-76394200-1449073667_thumb.png

than i took a picture of my 7794 Defence as u can see also my max HP is 4125

post-9158-0-18501400-1449073694_thumb.png

than here u will see a mini attacking me without using Sacred Shield: (363dmg)

post-9158-0-59873000-1449073765_thumb.png

Now i will use Sacred Shield while having 7794 Def and 4125 HP:

post-9158-0-34588900-1449074772_thumb.pngpost-9158-0-33436600-1449074785_thumb.png

1st pic i took 0dmg so thats 363dmg absorbed and in 2nd pic i took 324dmg so thats 39dmg absorbed which gives us a total of 402dmg absorbed

And this picture is using 2075 Defence as u can see also  my max HP is 4123

post-9158-0-82976200-1449074738_thumb.png

than here u will see a mini attacking me without using Sacred Shield: (588dmg)

post-9158-0-46886600-1449074757_thumb.png

Now i will use Sacred Shield while having 2075 Def and 4123 HP:

post-9158-0-76378400-1449074807_thumb.pngpost-9158-0-65865800-1449074817_thumb.png

1st pic i took 0dmg so thats 588dmg absorbed and in 2nd pic i took 529dmg so thats 59dmg absorbed which gives us a total of 647dmg absorbed

now u believe me snorlax? bq10.gif

7794 Def and 4125 HP > 402dmg absorbed

2075 Def and 4123 HP > 647dmg absorbed

it should be higher lol. 400dmg absorbed with 7k def? pfff it should go higher a bit

Dnt get me started :@ thats with a 40sec cd

it should be higher lol. 400dmg absorbed with 7k def? pfff it should go higher a bit

A bit? You serious bro? At 4/4 it absorbs only around 700 damage with 4.3k hp (6.4k def) and I'm seeing around me other OP experts,Pala skill cannot be ever compared to barbs or dks tanking skills, that's just ridiculous... not to forget BD's shield that saves more than almost 2k HP at 3/4..

Please consider it, devs.. Paladin is a toy now, not a tank.. even Rogues tank better with their incredibly high dodging ability.

A bit? You serious bro? At 4/4 it absorbs only around 700 damage with 4.3k hp (6.4k def) and I'm seeing around me other OP experts,Pala skill cannot be ever compared to barbs or dks tanking skills, that's just ridiculous... not to forget BD's shield that saves more than almost 2k HP at 3/4..

Please consider it, devs.. Paladin is a toy now, not a tank.. even Rogues tank better with their incredibly high dodging ability.

Yes consider lowering cd plz or maybe adding that more defence means better shield, makes more sense shield should depend on a paladins shield ty :)

this is ridiculous lol.

btw does the extra shield that comes on 4/4 have the same stats?

3/4 and 4/4 gives double shield as description says to casted on user and to pala who casted it

7%/14%/20%/35% of ur Max Hp gets shielded thats how the formula should work but something went wrong and a factor was added to the formula which makes shield very weak

Also I've noticed something lately... Even when shield is on, sometimes we get damaged. I've tested with other players, a player hits me 480 damage, with shield he was hitting me 124 dmg, 2 hits of 124, then the shield breaks on the 3rd hit. So the damage absorption wasn't completely full

Edited by gladiator

• Developer

7794 Def and 4125 HP > 402dmg absorbed

2075 Def and 4123 HP > 647dmg absorbed

Did you receive these damages in the same amount of time? Shield has lifetime as well and will disappear after some time.

As I can see from formula there is only clear dependance from max_hp.

Did you receive these damages in the same amount of time? Shield has lifetime as well and will disappear after some time.

As I can see from formula there is only clear dependance from max_hp.

Check the cd on the skill in my hotkeys u can see clearly i just used it, i know the shield has time limit and for 3/4 its more than 20sec

Dont ask me a video proof, will take time, why u guyz not checking this bug urselfs using a test pala :/

Also there is a bug in Blade dancer

Power of the Blades (passive)

Basic attacks of a blade dancer deal more damage to players and monsters. As the skill develops, extra bonus increases.

Basic attacks: non skill attacks right?

Well bd is getting buffed on all of his skills, check it out in ur test servers

Let's see, we've finished some tests.

We used skill lvl 4 on our paladin with 637 DEF and absorbed 705 DMG

Then we reduced our DEF to 207 and absorbed 707 DMG. Minor difference but not that critical.

Health amount was the same for both tests, 2167 HP

Looks like we need a video from you.

Let's see, we've finished some tests.

We used skill lvl 4 on our paladin with 637 DEF and absorbed 705 DMG

Then we reduced our DEF to 207 and absorbed 707 DMG. Minor difference but not that critical.

Health amount was the same for both tests, 2167 HP

Looks like we need a video from you.

Of course, it wouldn't make that much difference with such low defence change... try higher defence values, maybe? With low def change, of course low damage absorption change would result. And.. I believe, no one would go around with a 637 def, so his shield would absorb more damage, than if he would go out with 7k def.

Before i make video..

Can u at least try a 6000def test? Same gp as u did 2167hp

Plzzzzzz :/

Of course, it wouldn't make that much difference with such low defence change... try higher defence values, maybe? With low def change, of course low damage absorption change would result. And.. I believe, no one would go around with a 637 def, so his shield would absorb more damage, than if he would go out with 7k def.

but what is the difference technically?

Percentege here is almost identical.

The thing is we don't even have def parameter in our formula.

Edited by r0land

but what is the difference technically?

Percentege here is almost identical.

The thing is we don't even have def parameter in our formula.

Why would we have different results? Or are we faking pictures? If so, then why did it change with your test? if you don't have a def parameter I mean, it wouldn't change at all. Please check again, and ty.

Edited by gladiator

Why would we have different results? Or are we faking pictures? If so, then why did it change with your test? if you don't have a def parameter I mean, it wouldn't change at all. Please check again, and ty.

I don't know.

You see, it's like culpa innata. I say that skill is working ok after our test.

Now it's your turn to prove that it's not like that.

My tested formula: (prooved)

1/4 > each 14.3%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 7%

2/4 > each 7.15%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 14%

3/4 > each 4.99%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 20%

4/4 > didnt calculate yet / base dr is 35%

Ur formula as known:

1/4 > dr=7%

2/4 > dr=14%

3/4 > dr=20%

4/4 > dr=35%

Its not what u know, its what u can proove that matters xD

Ill make that video for u ok, on my way home :)

My tested formula: (prooved)

1/4 > each 14.3%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 7%

2/4 > each 7.15%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 14%

3/4 > each 4.99%def gives -1%dr / base dr is 20%

4/4 > didnt calculate yet / base dr is 35%

Ur formula as known:

1/4 > dr=7%

2/4 > dr=14%

3/4 > dr=20%

4/4 > dr=35%

Its not what u know, its what u can proove that matters xD

Ill make that video for u ok, on my way home :)

@R0land: I mean, it is obvious.. If defense doesn't matter, like you say, 35% of our hp would work for the shield in reducing the damage, right? But what I'm seeing is, 700-800 damage is being absorbed at 4/4 of the skill and my HP is 4.4k. Could you explain this? There must be another affecting factor.

Edited by gladiator

my pala shield lv 4/4,

i put my shield to NPC secondhand dealer with hp 7403 he can absorb about 2k dmg

n i compare to NPC Meagan in Somarra Tribe Village with 2036, i forget for calculate absorb dmg but the shield just little absorb damage.

i try this when some rogue summon rage of avenger.

sorry for bad english, i just try compare shield to other with big HP

Ok, looks like I understand.

Let's check my example:

You have 200 def and receive 100 clear damage, never mind you hp. Now you activate your shield, receive 5 attacks, how many damage have you absorbed? 500, isn't it?

Now you set your def to 50 and receive clear damage of 200, still never mind your hp. Now your shield absorbs 1000 dmg after five attacks, that's right?

Ok, looks like I understand.

Let's check my example:

You have 200 def and receive 100 clear damage, never mind you hp. Now you activate your shield, receive 5 attacks, how many damage have you absorbed? 500, isn't it?

Now you set your def to 50 and receive clear damage of 200, still never mind your hp. Now your shield absorbs 1000 dmg after five attacks, that's right?

Let's wait for the vid, shall we? Hope zeus won't take long.

Still the main things here:

- basic damage to your character with DEFENCE 0 (you shield skill doesn't have def parameter)

- quantity of blocked hits (the more your health, the more hits you receive)

Forget about defence parameter at all.

Necromancer shield has the same property, now if this is intended or not, only developers can say.

Some numbers with my necromancer:

498 magic attack and bone shield level 4:

with 2263 defense (25.8%) damage absorbed = 809.

with 2936 defense (31.1%) damage absorbed = 751.

with 3546 defense (35.3%) damage absorbed = 704.

And from what I known, it has been like this since very long time (necromancer and priest).

We are led to think that the more defense, the less shield can absorb but that is not correct.

Think of the shield as a dummy who is taking hits in your place until his HP is depleted, the defense of said dummy is not the same as yours and most likely is 0.

Edited by nabnecro

Necromancer shield has the same property, now if this is intended or not, only developers can say.

Some numbers with my necromancer:

498 magic attack and bone shield level 4:

with 2263 defense (25.8%) damage absorbed = 809.

with 2936 defense (31.1%) damage absorbed = 751.

with 3546 defense (35.3%) damage absorbed = 704.

And from what I known, it has been like this since very long time (necromancer and priest).

We are led to think that the the more defense, the less shield can absorb but that is not correct.

Think of the shield as a dummy who is taking hits in your place until his HP is depleted, the defense of said dummy is not the same as yours and most likely is 0.

Aha lel its at priest and necro also xD

Zeus+Calculator=work for devs :3 its my bday ill do a vid later when i can

Let's not compare healer to tanker shields, they might have different mechanics. Anyways, Snorlax said, that it is only reliable on the HP. So basically, def. shouldn't affect, whatever it was, and however.

BD's Shield doesn't work that way though, they have fixed damage consumption at each level. From Sacred Shield's description, you understand that it should have a fixed amount of damage absorption. "Surrounds itself or its ally with a powerful barrier that absorbs a fixed amount of damage." I don't know why they made it dependent on HP in the first place. Though it is ok, but why would it have to do with def.? That's what making it worse. So according to the skill's logic, I better have lower def. to take more advantage of the skill. That doesn't make sense, does it? Even if we consider that the skill is not bugged. 700 average damage reduction at 4/4 is too low (considering 4k HP). New bosses, mobs, and even higher level players have now got way too much high damage, which would actually take the shield down with 2-3 seconds.

I understand that the shield has 0 def., and if we receive 100 damage with 50% def. from a mob, that means that the shield receives 200 damage, I do understand that. So basically, that means, if it saves 3 hits, 600 damage would be saved. But, technically, without that shield we would receive 300 damage, that is what the shield actually saved, not 600. Right? 600 would it save if we had 0 def., like the shield.

But I hope, anyway, that the skill doesn’t work like this. Because such damage consumption is so insignificant nowadays. And if you look at other tank skills for other classes, they have skills that easily take down 1000 damage or more, and some classes have more than 1 tanking skill that reduce the receiving damage. This is our only effective tanking skill, and more defense is worsening it. And on the top of that all, 40 seconds cd, that’s way too much. It should be lowered by at least 50% with such effectiveness.

Come on, guys.. Don't you see it needs some fixing?

I'd like to suggest some ideas to improve it: 

-Greatly reduce the cd. 40 seconds is too much.

-Make it like BD's shield, fixed damage, and only leveling it up would change its absorption value.(That's what all expected from the description)

-If you can, change its mechanisms to make the shield's defense equal to our defense, keeping the HP's effect on it as it is. That would actually help so much. A shield with 0 def. is making the absorption value too insignificant.

I'll keep my shield 4/4, hoping you guys gonna fix it...

Please consider one of those ideas, we would be grateful.. Thank you.

Edited by gladiator

Let's not compare healer to tanker shields, they might have different mechanics. Anyways, Snorlax said, that it is only reliable on the HP. So basically, def. shouldn't affect, whatever it was, and however.

BD's Shield doesn't work that way though, they have fixed damage consumption at each level. From Sacred Shield's description, you understand that it should have a fixed amount of damage absorption. "Surrounds itself or its ally with a powerful barrier that absorbs a fixed amount of damage." I don't know why they made it dependent on HP in the first place. Though it is ok, but why would it have to do with def.? That's what making it worse. So according to the skill's logic, I better have lower def. to take more advantage of the skill. That doesn't make sense, does it? Even if we consider that the skill is not bugged. 700 average damage reduction at 4/4 is too low (considering 4k HP). New bosses, mobs, and even higher level players have now got way too much high damage, which would actually take the shield down with 2-3 seconds.

I understand that the shield has 0 def., and if we receive 100 damage with 50% def. from a mob, that means that the shield receives 200 damage, I do understand that. So basically, that means, if it saves 3 hits, 600 damage would be saved. But, technically, without that shield we would receive 300 damage, that is what the shield actually saved, not 600. Right? 600 would it save if we had 0 def., like the shield.

But I hope, anyway, that the skill doesn’t work like this. Because such damage consumption is so insignificant nowadays. And if you look at other tank skills for other classes, they have skills that easily take down 1000 damage or more, and some classes have more than 1 tanking skill that reduce the receiving damage. This is our only effective tanking skill, and more defense is worsening it. And on the top of that all, 40 seconds cd, that’s way too much. It should be lowered by at least 50% with such effectiveness.

Come on, guys.. Don't you see it needs some fixing?

I'd like to suggest some ideas to improve it:

-Greatly reduce the cd. 40 seconds is too much.

-Make it like BD's shield, fixed damage, and only leveling it up would change its absorption value.(That's what all expected from the description)

-If you can, change its mechanisms to make the shield's defense equal to our defense, keeping the HP's effect on it as it is. That would actually help so much. A shield with 0 def. is making the absorption value too insignificant.

I'll keep my shield 4/4, hoping you guys gonna fix it...

Please consider one of those ideas, we would be grateful.. Thank you.

I was surprised this skill wasnt like bd shield, as u said the description said its fixed %)

Still the main things here:

- basic damage to your character with DEFENCE 0 (you shield skill doesn't have def parameter)

It means the damage your shield can take is counted as if you had 0 DEFENCE and not the amount your character has.

This is what you guys are missing.

Edited by nabnecro

It means the damage your shield can take is counted as if you had 0 DEFENCE and not the amount your character has.

This is what you guys are missing.

I understand that the shield has 0 def., and if we receive 100 damage with 50% def. from a mob, that means that the shield receives 200 damage, I do understand that. So basically, that means, if it saves 3 hits, 600 damage would be saved. But, technically, without that shield we would receive 300 damage, that is what the shield actually saved, not 600. Right? 600 would it save if we had 0 def., like the shield.

Why would it be counted like this? In this way, the damage that the shield absorbs is too little. Take a look again in my example to see why. ^

I mean, without the shield, we would receive 300 damage not 600 damage. Yes, the shield took 600 damage, but saved us from only 300 damage. Since we have def (50%).

Edited by gladiator

If it's considered too little or too high is another topic, I'm just trying to make you guys understand (along with the devs who are not very good at english) that higher defense is not making the shield weaker.

If it's considered too little or too high is another topic, I'm just trying to make you guys understand (along with the devs who are not very good at english) that higher defense is not making the shield weaker.

I understood your point. But it is still making a problem. Understanding it isn't enough, or it doesn't cancel the fact that this skill is sucking badly. It needs a change.

I guess the are considering that it is saving the damage that the shield receives, but this number is imaginary, it wouldn't be dealt to us if the same amount of hits were inflected to us. 

I really hope they consider the actual damage being saved, not what it would be saved IF we had 0% def. And depending on it, they decide whether it needs fix or not.

Edited by gladiator