DELETE THE WAR EVENT IN US sapphire

Akatsuki Nin

Looks more like a joke post now, me and a good fraction of Mc on several servers want this event deleted /rewards reworked / event balanced as a whole to supply for the amount of people being poured into long ear land.

Another shitty war.

And after war t1 held for 20mins cuz war starts 8:30 am where I live. Time in ss below

You have my sympathy. It was like that many times on EU server. Elfs would sweep through to Cliff and hold the town for 20-30 minutes or more. It was totally frustrating to try to defend.

This was what helped to turn the tides on EU server: Organize a solid defense at Legion camp. Recruit scouts on W.C. to report the elfs' numbers (real numbers, not "99999 elfs!") and locations (gremlin cave, gordir cave, griduar cave). Go into the cave, die, and then count them. Better to die in cave and report on elfs than to stand outside cave and wait to get swamped. Use spies to listen in on elf organizing and planning. Elfs usually gather at gremlin cave, but keep scouts in caves to see if they travel up through caves to other exits and bypass defenders at the gremlin cave entrance. Of course gather lots of players at Legion. Start spamming W.C. 30 minutes before the event (thank you bepower :D) to get people to come to legion. Remind people that it's a good chance to do elf-kill quests, get revenge, etc etc. Keep the chatter fun and friendly. Don't complain or argue in world chat. Stay focused on giving instructions, keeping the team together, and stopping the elf horde.

Don't give up on defense even if it seems impossible. If you can just stop or slow the initial attack, some attackers will lose interest and drop out of the fight. Eventually some will switch sides. The attacks will become less organized and easier to manage. I've seen it happen on mc side when elfs are winning and on elf side when mc are winning.

Keep up the attacks at Riff so that elfs will defend instead of attacking MC flag.

Try turning off "show names" in settings to reduce lag when in areas with many players.

Elfs have the advantage in numbers, but the extra challenge makes it that much more satisfying to stop the attacks. It was sometimes more fun when we fought hard to save MC towns than when we actually won the event. When we first stopped elfs from winning a single town on mc side, people celebrated on W.C. that we had won (even though we didn't win a single town ourselves), and it felt like a great victory. And that got people interested to fight for the MC side.

Maybe the MC on US server are already doing all this. If so, sorry for your pain, and I hope the devs will somehow balance to the event to make it more fun for you. :D

By the way, how many elfs are in caravan in that screen shot? It doesn't look like very many.

Why in other servers mc manages to win then? Sure, theres aoa in eu with their life scrolls, but if i recall correct, sithlords do exist in us, and from what i can tell they could afford it. Point is to have people who believe they can win and therefore try. In eu,after mc has kept winning,elves wont even try really, just defend a bit. Used to be other way around.

When it comes to war Dont count sithlords as mcs. Lol They maybe help once in 2 months, Number of leaders mc at US is zero. That effects the participation too. today there were just a tad bit more MCs on t5 than usual. fecbhy2z.jpg so this time it took 5mins . :D rhpdwdwz.jpg

Pummy :o

Yeah, biggest reason that mcs are losing all the time is because there is a lack of leaders.

Follow EU-Emerald's example, just attack :)

Another strategy for MC - make a mc character named after a notorious ganker on elf side, and then use it to viciously mock MC on world chat starting one hour before the war. It will piss people off and rally them to fight. This, in reverse, is part of how MC lost on EU last week.  :D

Mc lost in eu? Even tho they have a barb god and his array of lethal assasins along with a maxxed guild.

Nerf nerf nerf xD

It was an interesting war on EU. The MC got a little overconfident (and a bit unlucky) and did not communicate well.

Some MC spammed elf world-chat with rude comments before the war and made elfs angry/motivated.

Many MC expected an easy victory, and MC defenders went to attack Riff. Elfs had been scarce at the start but then counterattacked in large numbers while MC were en route to attack. There was not good reporting in world-chat that the elf horde had arrived at Legion, so the MC attackers did not know to suicide/return to Legion. Instead when the elfs killed the legion flag and the message popped up "... is defeated. ... now available for capture", many MC mistakenly thought that MC had killed the Riff flag and they went to attack elf caravan.  :D You can imagine the rest...

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow on EU.

Sorry it's still so lopsided on the US server. Hang in there. :aggressive: 

The reason why theres a lack of leaders in US is because everyone wants to be one.

"Atk u stupds defnd is nob*z*" we have like 20 people saying things like this, more saying defend, and people planning complicated attacks after the was has already started. No large enough group of people have trust in any single player to listen to him/her.

And what is it that creates a leader?

In all honesty elves do it collectively for the buff.

Mc do the same as well.

When it reaches the point that you win 1/40 times now? (approximate) there's something wrong.

Either devs don't take an entire server into consideration or they prefer long ears.. For some odd specific reason... I'd say that the first one is right. But yeah

And what is it that creates a leader?

In all honesty elves do it collectively for the buff.

Mc do the same as well.

When it reaches the point that you win 1/40 times now? (approximate) there's something wrong.

Either devs don't take an entire server into consideration or they prefer long ears.. For some odd specific reason... I'd say that the first one is right. But yeah

That what creates a leader? Make people believe in you.

Buff wars are stupid. Le good old wars were fantastic, now wars just start and are finished within... 3 minutes? Old wars used to be fun

Leaders in mc side are noobs lol, I would honestly lead them to glory easier than any of those ''Leaders''.

The only war where we really won something was when ''Fastmandy'' lead us and she did it better than those who are called ''pro'' and ''leaders''

PS: Fastmandy is also new in our side,she was an elf.

If you aren't from our server please stfu cuz there is a big reason to delete wars and is the imbalance of players in our server,its really sad how 200 elfs eat 50 mcs alive in every war.

Elfs win about 3x as many cities as MC on average.  These are the totals of cities captured across all servers.

Total for all months

Sentinels 637

Legion 224

or was that a rhetorical question? :D

I feel your pain. :D Either way elfs win more than MC. But why consider the US server independently? The only difference among servers is the player-base, and I'm not sure it makes sense to modify parts of the game for a portion of players. If there is a arena team that loses all the time, are they right to demand the removal of the arena?

I think everyone can see that the war is unbalanced. It's pretty obvious from the stats. Maybe a better solution is to make adjustments so that elfs don't win every single time (e.g. after each victory decrease flag HP for the winning side in the next war).

if they are going 3v5 all the time, yes.

This war event is about having different numbers of players. If you can gather the most players, you win (more or less). So if this imaginary arena is open to arbitrary numbers of players, you are only able to get 3 players in your party and your opponents get 5, tough luck. It's the power advantage, same as +1 vs +10.

Maybe what actually pisses people off about the war is that it's very difficult to pay-to-win. :D Hassn helped EU MC with many life scrolls in the last war and it was a 1-1 draw. Many MC complained bitterly.

Like I said before, I agree it's unbalanced. I'd rather fix it than throw it out.

dont delete war i say switch it up thou, capture the flag, raid boss invades nadir, massive death match between factions i just dont wanna see the same war over and over id like a change in protocal

• 4 weeks later...

Don't delete war :) If Mc were intelligent to make a tactic thwy could capture at least one town easily. For example Elves always attack t5 from Nadir and it's a bit walk to t5, so why don't you Mc gather at Bg tower? It's so near to Elves t5 and if you do it like Elves (start to run to town 2 minutes before war starts) you could easil destroy us. It just needs a try

play dota 2 and learn what tactic/strategy is.

Not sure if people who are trying to say that tactic can overcome numbers are trolling or just want to feel good about themselves winning wars.

thanks bruh you make my day  ;D

seriously... what tactic can be made in wars? many people dont even speak english,many wont listen,many wont understand,many just wont care. And since when gathering in a place is called tactic? I would understand if something like "warlocks should block bridges with dark circles" was suggested. But such things are most likely never gonna happen and if numbers arent close to each other elves will always have advantage