amplifying?

yigit-arsy666@outlook.com

hi i had this idea i wanted to share, it might be good or totally stupid idk :D

As you know amping can be hard, sometimes its lucky and you amp very easily, sometimes its not and you spend 30sets to amp a piece of weapon but nothing.

What i will suggest is that, to atleast make the signs we spend worthy, increase the amping from +10 to +100. For example we are trying to amp our staff staff +8 to +9, we used 40set sign but nothing happened. This way, you might atleast get +84 instead of +90 which will give like the half bonus you would get. And why should devs do this, what will they earn? When we are amping from +2 to +3 we will most likely amp in 1,2 signs. This way, you will atleast use a set sign(+21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30) to amp succesfully. Sounds stupid so far, making things hard for poor's and easier for richs. To balance things out, add an item called "signet of imperishability"

which will be used to amp a gear only to +50. It will be cheaper than regular signs, and a drop from dungeons. Please let me know what do you think. :)

The game is made this way because the spark of excitement from occasionally getting another + on your weapon triggers the brains reward system and makes you want to come back for more. That is how these games make money. Surprise chests, random amps, random drops... If the result were predictable, then people would lose interest and would have an easier time tracking where their money goes in the game.

"Psychologists call this PRE, or Partial Reinforcement Effect, in which the reward is only offered randomly, some of the time, such as in gambling. This leaves gamers hoping that just round the corner lies the suit of armour, gold, or some other reward they've been waiting for. That "reward" plays a part in the psychology of addiction is certain: Plenty of gamers will be familiar with the phrase "just ten more minutes".

http://theweek.com/articles/451660/psychology-video-game-addiction

So now instead of me, trying to get a +90 weapon, I'll need to get through extra 9 steps to get it. as you said, I may get lucky or I may waste everything and stay with my +80. I definitely disagree

Edited by Shil

actually the point is that everything will be 10x easier, possility to get atleast +84 for example will be greater than getting +9 in the system now.

amplifying system success rate is random and i think its good thing to maintain balance. a poor player can get +10 amplification too :

1) he must be extremely lucky to reach +10 with less signs or 2) he must play ws with patience for a longer duration

Let's say the chance of amplifying one weapon from +9 to +10 is 0.1% (1 out of 1000), a player with "average" luck would use 1000 signs to amp from +9 to +10 and get extra 40 attack. What he is suggesting is to implement intermediate amp levels so that in the example I used, the player with "average" luck would still get a attack bonus after using 500 signs (20 attack instead of 40) rather than having used 500 signs and get nothing in return.

In other words, the chance to amp from +9 to +10 would still be the same, but you have intermediate amp levels between +9 and +10 with a higher success rate but smaller bonus.

You could use a small number of signs and amp from "+9" to "+9.2" . It is certainly a more encouraging system to players who want to amp but are afraid of the very low success rates.

Edited by nabnecro

By expanding the amp range, everything would be the same, except the

number you will see behing the "+".

Amping the weapon to +100 would be the same as +10,

pls don't say that it's damage would go above it's max at +10 by going +11 etc.

really, basically it would be the same, simple amp, but wider range.

update: now I get it,

but still disagree, what's the point in easier amp when

you get less power than the others in the end?

Edited by Raezer

Let's say the chance of amplifying one weapon from +9 to +10 is 0.1% (1 out of 1000), a player with "average" luck would use 1000 signs to amp from +9 to +10 and get extra 40 attack. What he is suggesting is to implement intermediate amp levels so that in the example I used, the player with "average" luck would still get a attack bonus after using 500 signs (20 attack instead of 40) rather than having used 500 signs and get nothing in return.

In other words, the chance to amp from +9 to +10 would still be the same, but you have intermediate amp levels between +9 and +10 with a higher success rate but smaller bonus.

You could use a small number of signs and amp from "+9" to "+9.2" . It is certainly a more encouraging system to players who want to amp but are afraid of the very low success rates.

Nope, it won't work like that

If amping from +9 to +10 has a 0.1% chance to succeed, then amping from +90 to +91 will have roughly the same chance, which will even go down while you get closer to +100.

This means that instead of wasting 1000 signs to get +10, now you will waste ~10000 signs to get +100. How is this "a more encouraging system"?

Edited by Shil

The idea is that it would take the same number of signs to go from +9 to +10 but you'd get incremental improvement along the way. I think the OP used a range of 0 to 100 just to avoid decimals in the amp, e.g. +9.1 = +91.

The idea is that it would take the same number of signs to go from +9 to +10 but you'd get incremental improvement along the way. I think the OP used a range of 0 to 100 just to avoid decimals in the amp, e.g. +9.1 = +91.

Well, that's not gonna happen, obviously. Also, since amping is mostly luck based, you can't really implement this, because there is no predetermined number of signs you will need to use in order to get +10. Basically there is no number to even out between +91 and +100

Edited by Shil

2hgvcz5.jpg

You can quess my answer.

Edited by Raislin

Nope, it won't work like that

If amping from +9 to +10 has a 0.1% chance to succeed, then amping from +90 to +91 will have roughly the same chance, which will even go down while you get closer to +100.

This means that instead of wasting 1000 signs to get +10, now you will waste ~10000 signs to get +100. How is this "a more encouraging system"?

That's the part where you didn't get it.

His suggestion is to make amping from 9.0 to 9.1 10 times easier but also the bonus becomes 10 times lower.

Same thing when amping from 9.9 to 10. 

Edited by nabnecro

A better way to say your suggestion is:

Every time we fail to amp an item, "your chance of successfully amplifying an item to the next level has increase slightly"

And when you finally amp it to the next level, it the amp chance resets back to normal until you fail again.

But I doubt it'll be considered, anything to reduce their revenue is a big no no.

Have a nice day

Cant be done

Ur suggesting devs to change amp formula right? But u dont even know the factors in the formula, its not only number of signs and amplification lvl, by doing as u said u might corrupt the formula :) case closed

its more of an expanding than changing.

people with +10 lvl19 arena armors amped the lvl21 ones for 30more def and 0.1 more stat lol. The chance you would amp from +9 to +10 is same as +90 to +100. +99 to +100 will be 10x easier than +9 to +10, many people would amp.

is this too hard to understand?

people with +10 lvl19 arena armors amped the lvl21 ones for 30more def and 0.1 more stat lol. The chance you would amp from +9 to +10 is same as +90 to +100. +99 to +100 will be 10x easier than +9 to +10, many people would amp.

Cant be done

Ur suggesting devs to change amp formula right? But u dont even know the factors in the formula, its not only number of signs and amplification lvl, by doing as u said u might corrupt the formula :) case closed

Apparently it is, I counted 3 people who actually understood the suggestion :D