Dad wont buy me a (gaming) PC

MCocktail

Here is the Problem:

I want a computer, but use it mainly for gaming.

But: My Father is strictly against that.

My mom is ok with that, as long as i dont overuse it.

Not only he is against gaming, but i need a reason why i would buy a computer.

Tbh, he told me that if i would NEED one he would give me a high end pc anyway.

Also, since he works in IT stuff on his own and is not naive like normal parents are, things like "i need it for school and stuff" wont work.

There is also allready a computer, which is old, but fully functional.

The fact that i would pay it all myself after i am done saving scares him even more, because, what am i hiding if i would try to get it as independently as possible.

I allready have much Conputer-s

skill-basic stuff learned, so i dont have any reason anymore. And building a pc gives u alot of understanding abt the computer is a good one, but fairly weak since i wont build one everyday.

I cant just say i am trying to render some 3d high end fancy shit because well that is kinda boring for me, and hell notice right away im not serious.

So, any argument ideas to convince my dad? Note that thats no normal parenting, but asian advanced parenting + he has way more knowledge about computers than ill ever have.

Ps: in the answers ill try to counter the arguments as good as i think dad would

Pps: Also, it may sounds a bit weird since my image wouldnt have suggested something like that, but u know what happens.

Edited by Molotow Cocktail

There are certainly low-cost computers suited for gaming. I had one with pretty mid-range to high-end specs. The thing is, it was 4 years old (Samsung RC730)

I now have a new laptop, with a not that great processor as well as gpu (i5-4210u/geforce 820m). Not that great, but can play games fluently at low resolutions with medium to high graphics quality. It also has 8 Gigs of RAM. But don't tell that to your dad. Now the point is: This computer, entschuldigung, laptop, has low-end hardware, so "not suited for gaming and stuff". But you can pretty much do anything with it, even play... quite demanding games on it. On low graphics with low resolutions, but I hate light bloom anyway. Your dad knows that an i5 is not a top-of-the-end processor. In fact, it's dual core, but hyperthreaded (4 logical cores instead of 2, in this case). The Geforce card ain't that great too, but will pretty much lets you run most games at 60 fps.

It is not about the price. Im not sure if i am allowed to at all, which means even if i would get a 20€ computer he would be sadly dissappointed

I allready have my own build

how to convince ?

Tell him like :i have a super sexy gf and we love to skype, but she is so pretty that i need a very strong and fast computer to have high synchronization, high graphics to enjoy her beauty , good speakers to hear her voice and do mot miss even a word in high quality , and a call of duty game to make her a pro gamer , please dad if you want my good , do me this favor amd i wont dissapoint you . Dont forget , she is super hot u will like her, promise.

So easy bruh, gluck

Here's a cool trick you can try:

Step 1: Wait a couple of years

Step 2: Move out of home

Step 3: Check wallet for money

Step 4: (Optional) Get a job

Step 5: Buy the airplane

how to convince ?

Tell him like :i have a super sexy gf and we love to skype, but she is so pretty that i need a very strong and fast computer to have high synchronization, high graphics to enjoy her beauty , good speakers to hear her voice and do mot miss even a word in high quality , and a call of duty game to make her a pro gamer , please dad if you want my good , do me this favor amd i wont dissapoint you . Dont forget , she is super hot u will like her, promise.

So easy bruh, gluck

Sounds good too bad i dont have one xD

And owl its not really about the money, its about the permission that i can have one

Also i dont want to wait goddammit ofc when i move out i will be able to xd

Upgrade the processor (i5 or something) and put your graphics in SLI. (Almost) Doubled performance guaranteed. Remember: you only got to purchase those two, not a whole new system.

Well, uh, this way is trickier but will likely work: make your dad super proud of you. Win a Nobel Prize or something.

This WOULD work if i didnt mess up and set expectations high

Upgrade the processor (i5 or something) and put your graphics in SLI. (Almost) Doubled performance guaranteed. Remember: you only got to purchase those two, not a whole new system.

Ofc, but how do i convince him to allow me to buy one? :o

Well, buying a "workstation" laptop for 600-700 bucks is the easiest option I believe.

Please understand it its not for how much and how but if i may get one

You always say the truth with every detail to him ? 

well, no, but its too suspicious to suddenly have a super dope gf which i have only told of because of a computer

got an idea

i got a laptop, but its basicly a potato. Dad doesnt think its a potato, since he worked with it for many, many years, successfully.

actually its a laptop with pride, if you buy a porsche right now it contains elements that have been forged on this laptop

but its a potato at modern standards- ill let it look like one. But its uncertain that thats enough

I came up with a brilliant plan involving terrorists, weird sexual fetishes, conservative people, conspiracies, swordplay, perverse fantasies and a national weightlifting contest. Unfortunately, I deemed it too inappropriate to post.

Please understand it its not for how much and how but if i may get one

well, no, but its too suspicious to suddenly have a super dope gf which i have only told of because of a computer

got an idea

i got a laptop, but its basicly a potato. Dad doesnt think its a potato, since he worked with it for many, many years, successfully.

actually its a laptop with pride, if you buy a porsche right now it contains elements that have been forged on this laptop

but its a potato at modern standards- ill let it look like one. But its uncertain that thats enough

tried, and failed. dad kinda pissed now, almost or allready backfired

duh how u hide a computer but properly use it

ALSO WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT MONEY
IT ISNT ABOUT MONEY HELL
I AM SAVING ALLREADY SHEEEESH

> Just kill yourself :facepalm:

If your dad wont buy it for u, then go get good grades and ask the pc as the reward or collect the money by yourself then buy it.

again its not about the money, im not sure if i may keep it if i bought it myself

and i get them grades anyway, getting good ones wont be impressing enough...

Well, what do you think you make your daddt more proud of you? Getting low grades or high grades? Trust me, they like it more when you get a high grade>_>

noso, i am asian. Obviously good grades will statisfy him, but not make him proud :P

Also, this year i planned of activating nerd mode anyway

nerd mode /on\

*buying a turbo expensive door locker*

*writing outside door /nerd here dont enter\*

*buying a laptop high extra specs*

Make it's a'pearance like a laptop of 90's and put a bunch of passwords n say cant give you access have some personal stuff in n you cant see em bcs it is embarassing . Done

how to convince ?

Tell him like :i have a super sexy gf and we love to skype, but she is so pretty that i need a very strong and fast computer to have high synchronization, high graphics to enjoy her beauty , good speakers to hear her voice and do mot miss even a word in high quality , and a call of duty game to make her a pro gamer , 

If this don't work nothing willl do it lol

But you can build a good one with a Quad core processor 1.2 or 1.3 Ghz  with 4gb of ram and 2GB of Vide card with those stuff you can play 90% of the new 3D game include ps3 and xbox 360 games (How do i know it?) thats my pc and i play Naruto shippuden Storm 4 everyday wich need  so much requirements. Build a pc like that it's cheap (well it was for me) and i wasn't even working.... PS (don't forget the 36 inch monitor) for a better experience :D 

Edited by baskentliii

This might be a little weird but this is what I did back when I'm 17.The way I convince my parents to buy me a Gaming PC is I promise it won't disturb my school and play it for 2 hours everyday at max except Sunday.That's all I did.