necromancer vs casters

As a player with his main as melee i tried getting back on my old necro.

Bought 3 experts atm poison, pit, fear.

Pve does perfect being able to run labs without any problem.

Does really well in pvp too against bds,rangers and mages

But as a necro how do you take down a heal caster?

Wait until mana reaches 0 and hit?

Spam pit and dot (poison shield and eye poison) fear and be able to crit hard enough during first array of attacks?

Would love to know how most necros here deal with casters themselves.

Off topic question(my apologies):

"Lulls the enemy to sleep for some time. While the target is having nightmares, it cannot regenerate it's health or energy. If the target gets damaged, it will wake up."

Will a shaman/druid's heal be stopped if a necro uses nightmare on them?

Off topic question(my apologies):

"Lulls the enemy to sleep for some time. While the target is having nightmares, it cannot regenerate it's health or energy. If the target gets damaged, it will wake up."

Will a shaman/druid's heal be stopped if a necro uses nightmare on them?

No

Ok I will give some PRO advice regarding mental pit and using it at max potential. You need to be descent at math and good at timing your skills.

Suppose you are fighting a Shaman. Before the fight, you must inspect him and see how much is his cooldown stat.

Suppose the shaman you are fighting has 20% cooldown.

Blind normal cooldown is 15 seconds minus 20% = 12 seconds.

When a target is under mental pit, he recharges all of his skills 10 times slower (if mental pit is level 4) and 5 times slower (if mental pit is level 3).

On this example let's suppose your mental pit is level 4.

You must use mental pit as soon as possible after you got blinded.

If shaman has level 5 blind, you will be stunned for 4 seconds before you can use mental pit, so at this point he already recharged 4 seconds from 12 seconds total cooldown.

Now you will use mental pit level 4 and for the next 7 seconds, he will be recharged extra 0.7 seconds. Which means at the time you see the icon of mental pit disappear from him, he still have to wait 7.3 seconds until he can use blind again (12 seconds minus - 4.7 seconds).

Keep using attack skills on the shaman and use nightmare or panic right before he is able to use blind again.

The same principle applies to all other classes in the game, just check the timing of the skill with shorter cooldown and try to use nightmare or panic right before the enemy can use it again. If you are pro and have a good cooldown stat like me AND if you timed nightmare and/or panic right, you will be able to use mental pit AGAIN before he can use blind, which means he will be forced to use heal while under mental pit.

Good luck.

Edited by nabnecro