I just cannot stand the required knowledge for changing the branch anymore.

shamanssss

I have played this game for over 2 years. Today when I was doing daily quests, my roommate accidentally clicked my mouse and the branch of the talent was changed. Now I require over 10k knowledge to change it back. This could be the most frustrating time for me in my 2-year playing. I really cannot understand why changing branches could cost knowledge and sincerely hope this required knowledge could be removed or reduced. Please.

I dont really understand it either, my best guess is that the idea behind it probably is to keep kl somewhat relevant after all the talents have been studied, but surely there are way better ways of doing that. At the very least there should be an option to pay for the swap using both gold/mcoins.

Alongside that you could add, for example, a arena point style shop where you can spend your kl on some things to keep kl relevant. Maybe you could even buy tradeable tokens that allow you to swap branches or to sell them to other people when you have no other need for it? Something like that could be decent anyway.

1 hour ago, vavavi said:

At the very least there should be an option to pay for the swap using both gold/mcoins.

I agree. Or they can add it to the bp benefits like personal hairdresser.

I think there is also a balance aspect. For most classes, branches define the class, I can speak for Paladin more specifically, you can play a warden-like tank, magic damage/support, or tank physical single targeted damage. 3 totally different playstyles and their strengths and weaknesses compensate for each other, i.e. if you want to do damage, you can't have too much support and vice versa, and if changing between these 3 were not bottlenecked, be it knowledge or any other resource, it wouldn't make too much sense.

I would love to play the 3 styles all in 1 day depending on what I'm doing, but at the same time, if I would place myself as my enemy, I would hate the fact that the same player can have maximum potential in a raid boss war, then go into arena and also have the perfect build for it just because he can switch branches so freely. I feel like it would make everyone less counterable. 

Now whether it costs too much knowledge, or if it should be changed e.g. gold, or for free but just a time cooldown, it is a different story, but I do see the importance of such limitation. Regardless of what it is, I don't mind having to be "locked" into 1 branch for like 1-2 days, whether that's because I need that much time to collect the required knowledge or because it is free, but there is a cooldown.

One idea I have is to have a fixed amount of knowledge, maybe something like 10k max, rather it being scaled up depending on how much knowledge is spent, it punishes maxing out the talents. I have all my talents at level 1 so if I wanna switch I would spend something like 12k (not even 2 days' work nowadays), while maxed branches need like 24k, it is not really encouraging me to level them up... 

Another idea is a "grace period" - Swiching branches only starts costing whatever after like 1 minute of switching, so that mistakes like that don't happen. 

Edited by Gladiator

On 7/8/2024 at 6:33 PM, shamanssss said:

I have played this game for over 2 years. Today when I was doing daily quests, my roommate accidentally clicked my mouse and the branch of the talent was changed. Now I require over 10k knowledge to change it back. This could be the most frustrating time for me in my 2-year playing. I really cannot understand why changing branches could cost knowledge and sincerely hope this required knowledge could be removed or reduced. Please.

I have to agree with Gladiator's response. 

Though I do think it would be nice to have a "are you sure?" Window to help prevent accidents like that. 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, vavavi said:

I dont really understand it either, my best guess is that the idea behind it probably is to keep kl somewhat relevant after all the talents have been studied, but surely there are way better ways of doing that. At the very least there should be an option to pay for the swap using both gold/mcoins.

Alongside that you could add, for example, a arena point style shop where you can spend your kl on some things to keep kl relevant. Maybe you could even buy tradeable tokens that allow you to swap branches or to sell them to other people when you have no other need for it? Something like that could be decent anyway.

And I love the idea of a knowledge store. Perhaps it could sell exp, ap, and gp pots up to the regular variant?