[2015.07.03] Moments of history. Warspear Chronicles. Chapter III

Peter_Munk

%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0.jpg

The balance shifted dramatically when the warriors of Chosen and Forsaken joined the war. After dealing with plots and conspiraces of the past, new heroes left their native islands and landed on Irselnort. After receiving reinforcements, new ferocious battles started again, but they all soon realised that the their warring forces were equal (3.0.0 Crossroads of the Destiny).

It became obvious that the war on Irselnort would be a long one. At the same time, vanguards of Sentinels and Legion failed in their attempts to settle on Ayvondil – the Eternal Forest didn't take kindly to strangers. They found shelter in the Norlant Swamps – a huge stinking territory on the way to Ayvondil. Traveling there was only possible using teleports, left there by the people of Norlant – an ancient kingdom of men that allied with elves. Vitold – the last miserable king of this land lived on one of the tiny islands. He told strangers about the statue of the elven queen Valaria who carried a huge crystal spreading the old magic. Aborigines believed that the swamps were a living being who helped them find this ruined statue. Having this great source of old magic, both alliances could finally travel to the Eternal Forest. (3.1.0)

In winter, both sides were fatigued and frustrated by the constant state of war. They desperately needed some rest so declared a short truce. During this uneasy peace, a mysterious trickster called Sam Hein brought his Horror Circus to Arinar, on Median Night. Some say he once even tricked Garaan himself. Many stated that his companion's apperance was truly shocking and terrifying. Nobody knew what Sam's real aim was, but after a while he and his Circus suddenly disappeared. (3.2.0)

After dark Median Night was the time for World Creation Day. Sentinels and Legion travelled to the Snow Boundary to help the White Elder defeat the Ice Queen and her servants: the masters of four winds. It was the first time she wept and her might melted for all to see. With the help of the heroes of Arinar, a great threat was swept away. (3.4.0)

New spring brought new hope for an end to the war. The leaders of Sentinels and Legion came to a conclusion: small well-organized groups would be more efficient in the battle for Ayvondil. Veterans of battles on dusty Irselnort coasts and soggy Norlant's swamps joined under the banners of Guilds (3.4.0-3.6.0). At the same time, wizards had spent many sleepless nights reading Berengar's scrolls. This gave them the means by which they could envoke the old magic, allowing them to cast minions. In the bodies of each of these creatures was a part of Elam's nine souls – a mighty jakkar that used to serve Berengar in the old days. (3.7.0)

The fifth year of war was over.

To be continued...

Previous part

Edited by Reivenorik

It may be a random question but...what happened to Kuzmitch?? Promoted?? Fired?? Moved to China?? Just curiosity xD

Edited by Zeusthegod

Great story! *claps*
Uhmm, in "Echo of Centuries" quest, Vitold mentioned Oldris as Orin's Son.. who conquered Norlant.
But in the "The King of All People" quest, the left stele said Oldris is Orin's Father..
Well, atleast it's clear now that.. uhhh..         who is who again? *chuckles*

I remember Ruberius was different from this version of Snow Boundaries..
More like the mobs outside his dungeon in recent Snowy Bound.
Then Sandro made a little "make over" with his mutilated body that was buried in North's permafrost..
Then voila! New Ruberius.. the wing is gone though.

I know, I know.. who cares, right? *smiles*

Waiting for the 4th Chronicles' tome!

*vanishes*

It may be a random question but...what happened to Kuzmitch?? Promoted?? Fired?? Moved to China?? Just curiosity xD

He just quit, simply because he got tired of working on Warspear for 4+ years and he has his own projects that need more attention :) 

Great story! *claps*

Uhmm, in "Echo of Centuries" quest, Vitold mentioned Oldris as Orin's Son.. who conquered Norlant.

But in the "The King of All People" quest, the left stele said Oldris is Orin's Father..

Well, atleast it's clear now that.. uhhh..         who is who again? *chuckles*

I remember Ruberius was different from this version of Snow Boundaries..

More like the mobs outside his dungeon in recent Snowy Bound.

Then Sandro made a little "make over" with his mutilated body that was buried in North's permafrost..

Then voila! New Ruberius.. the wing is gone though.

I know, I know.. who cares, right? *smiles*

Waiting for the 4th Chronicles' tome!

*vanishes*

We all care, but you have to understand that some things may be changed slightly :) Bosses at the first place, esprecially if they are getting better.

Orin is Oldris' son, of course, we will fix it, thank you very much!

We all care, but you have to understand that some things may be changed slightly :) Bosses at the first place, esprecially if they are getting better.

Orin is Oldris' son, of course, we will fix it, thank you very much!

Ahe, I just shared the story of Ruberius for those who might be interested. *smiles*

But what I meant is, they changed in a good way.

I remembered I was darn surprised when I was expecting the old Ruberius within the dungeon when suddenly, we face a different one.. far different and more intimidating! Which is great, of course. *thumbs up*

I see.. So Orin is the son.

Now it's all clear. Thank you, sire. *salutes*