Traveling Merchant

GRAAv

I was thinking of a concept of a NPC called the Traveling Merchant & his function will be to offer you gold for your items similar to the market system but instead the Traveling Merchant will offer you market price for a item minus 5-10% gold. So that way you can ether chose to sell your item on market & wait for the gold price you asked for or you can get fast cash but less in return for the item then you would normally get selling it for. Another function could be this NPC resells the items players sell to him on the market that way we can still keep the market economy going maybe even boost the player economy

Like example you have a [smoking Spear] & the market says its worth 70k but no one buys it for weeks or they don't buy it at all. So now youre

stuck with a item you don't want & you need some gold to do other quests ect. You can trade it to The Traveling Merchant for 60k fast cash or you can keep waiting for a player to buy in market for 70k. As soon as you sell Traveling Merchant the item would then be re posted up on market for sale but the Traveling Merchant's item sale slots don't time out like normal market slots so that way the item would stay on market visible until a player bought it.

Just a thought that might help the economy a little bit? lol :crazy:

Meh, I prefer putting an "offer" function in the market

Also should display the name of the seller

Nope coz usually market is overpriced for that reason , to be anonymous .

I'll stalk you ingame for that

jk

Idk what game your talking about but it probably sucked anyways if they implemented this npc it would help players out alot more. idc about some rikin game i care about warspear & how crappy it is atm lmfao it could have potential if they changed it so it wasn't  basically pay2win oriented

Edited by GRAAv

Idk what game your talking about but it probably sucked anyways if they implemented this npc it would help players out alot more. idc about some rikin game i care about warspear & how crappy it is atm lmfao it could have potential if they changed it so it wasn't  basically pay2win oriented

Lol i see you are new player if you dont know Rikin ... long story probably if you search here you will find much . 

But as i understand by your topic anyone could get much more by that npc than he would by dealer as prices are never stable , and if he tricks him can become from poor to rich with a simple click .

market price is is set buy demand and supply forces so it's not stable and it can be ridiculously high

Btw Dealer price for any new item is 0 So let's say you got a eternal frost wep and no one got it and you tried to put in dealer you will find the default price is 0

So no it won't work and anyone can get 2 items even if they are crap and put for 3m

And if you want to define market price based on demand and supply forces at Wc and Tc it won't be possible

Ohh jeahh the same system like in World of Warcraft,im absolutly sure its works fine.

market price is is set buy demand and supply forces so it's not stable and it can be ridiculously high

Btw Dealer price for any new item is 0 So let's say you got a eternal frost wep and no one got it and you tried to put in dealer you will find the default price is 0

So no it won't work and anyone can get 2 items even if they are crap and put for 3m

And if you want to define market price based on demand and supply forces at Wc and Tc it won't be possible

simplistic view of the topic. Obviously your not gonna sell your eternal frost if the NPC says its 0 cause of the market -_- meaning new items would be player sold basically. Yeah sure the prices are set by player demand but think about it minus 10% you would get 900k if it was worth 1m on market ether way you can make it so players can't ABUSE the npc system like you guys stated as for being a "new player" I've been playing for 6 years on us sapphire as MC i don't care about some other player.

simplistic view of the topic. Obviously your not gonna sell your eternal frost if the NPC says its 0 cause of the market -_- meaning new items would be player sold basically. Yeah sure the prices are set by player demand but think about it minus 10% you would get 900k if it was worth 1m on market ether way you can make it so players can't ABUSE the npc system like you guys stated as for being a "new player" I've been playing for 6 years on us sapphire as MC i don't care about some other player.

do u even think before u type?

Story: i go put a unique cheap item at market for 1'000'000gold

i buy it, i lost 100k doing this but no prob

thus making average price for unique cheap item 1'000'000gold

i go to your so called Traveling Merchant and i sell each my unique cheap items to him, 1m/piece Boom im rich in 1minute

i go amp +10 maybe lvlup guild also buy gp omg wht to do with all this free gold omg omg bq99.gif

do u even think before u type?

Story: i go put a unique cheap item at market for 1'000'000gold

i buy it, i lost 100k doing this but no prob

thus making average price for unique cheap item 1'000'000gold

i go to your so called Traveling Merchant and i sell each my unique cheap items to him, 1m/piece Boom im rich in 1minute

i go amp +10 maybe lvlup guild also buy gp omg wht to do with all this free gold omg omg bq99.gif

My point of view

And items price rest overtime and you don't really have to put something rare to sell it many ppl will use swamp items to set high price for it and boom rich

Edited by Kitige

Bad suggestion, you just want one easy way to avoid negotiations/thinking about the optimal price to sell.

I suggest instead, an auction system like someone here mentioned.

Edited by nabnecro

This reminds me Rikin season

no comment

Those answers explain everything. :rofl:

You guys are ridiculous do you think before you read? It doesn't matter the supply and demand price because GM can alter that to accommodate the NPC system plus it takes alot more then 1 person to set the demand price. So next time you type don't try to be rude to me ;)

Edited by GRAAv

The economy is good as it is.

.... like you guys stated as for being a "new player" I've been playing for 6 years on us sapphire as MC i don't care about some other player.

Wait, wait, wait!

Again i will quote elie's remark "Do u even think before u type?"

WS was launched for worldwide in 2011. How could u have played in US-Sapphire as a MC for 6 years? Omg.

Edited by Lady Livi

Lel , why boom the economy , you just trying to bring loads of gold from 'nowhere'into a server , that won't boom it actually will lose it's value definitely .

Last time I checked this topic was about what I posted as a suggestion. so what I played RU server on warspear also lordy lordy no one cares about a typo overall I've played warspear for 6 years. 6 years of my life I wasted on a game that has barely changed for the better of a gamer lifestyle.

Anyways the economy on US sucks Elfs always had a decent economy cause theirs more players playing. I've heard alot of complains and I see alot of poor players who cant get strong cause quest grinding is a hassle & farming Dungeons is almost not worth it. as the strong get richer & stronger how does the noob population get? maybe like a little better? 

Alot of people even pmed me in game saying that my idea would help alot so before you try to criticize from a  simplistic point of view think what you're talking about.

Literally every suggestion I post on this forum is bombard by simple minded kids who think the game is perfect as is & it really isn't at all any decently smart gamer can see the flaws so stop being ignorant & take what I suggestion in a positive manner that could be implemented to improve the game.

Last time I checked this topic was about what I posted as a suggestion. so what I played RU server on warspear also lordy lordy no one cares about a typo overall I've played warspear for 6 years. 6 years of my life I wasted on a game that has barely changed for the better of a gamer lifestyle.

Anyways the economy on US sucks Elfs always had a decent economy cause theirs more players playing. I've heard alot of complains and I see alot of poor players who cant get strong cause quest grinding is a hassle & farming Dungeons is almost not worth it. as the strong get richer & stronger how does the noob population get? maybe like a little better?

Alot of people even pmed me in game saying that my idea would help alot so before you try to criticize from a simplistic point of view think what you're talking about.

Literally every suggestion I post on this forum is bombard by simple minded kids who think the game is perfect as is & it really isn't at all any decently smart gamer can see the flaws so stop being ignorant & take what I suggestion in a positive manner that could be implemented to improve the game.

In my times playing ws, it was always legion side who has better economy :) cheaper items' prices etc... Well... I hear that this current 1 year, elf economy is better tho.

ur still denying and abit accepting the fact of that ur suggestion can be abused for generating a large amount of gold from nowhere

yes from nowhere, selling to npc for gold isnt like selling it for players, ur idea is bad and full of flaws

face the fact of it, u gona make warspear worse cause ur too lazy to try and sell ur stuff harder, case closed ^_^

Bad side effects >>>> Good side effects

which of course is a simplistic point of view like i stated... I didn't realize warspear staff liked to shut down the ideas of other players & then sarcastically make fun of them. Bravo. close my topic I'm already done trying to talk about stuff on this games forum..

With few words , if this is applied gold will be everywhere and warspear wont have poors / medium in economy people.

Edited by heavybowus

With few words , if this is applied gold will be everywhere and warspear wont have poors / medium in economy people.

thank you exactly what I mean players would definitely enjoy the game alot more!

meaning more item farming meaning booming economy

the npc system is just a fix of course its gonna have flaws because Its just a idea atm which is what I'M SAYINGG

thank you exactly what I mean players would definitely enjoy the game alot more!

meaning more item farming meaning booming economy

the npc system is just a fix of course its gonna have flaws because Its just a idea atm which is what I'M SAYINGG

I dont say the suggestion will ruin game but what i wont like in this is that if gold really rules in warspear every simple character will become a +10 in 1 day just , that will be a problem indeed and you havent thought of it well .

Would you find this enjoyable ? Think by miracle coins selling by devs side as well .

Edited by heavybowus

ofc suggestion will ruin the game lolz

if all have unlimited amount of gold than how can we determine each item really costs? nobody would be +10 cause of this suggestion but Gold will be useless to use, nobody would use it anymore, please wtf O.O

mcoin/ap/cc will rule warspear, maybe even gp wil become a sellable currency if Gold becomes useless

if ALL got Gold than NOBODY got Gold!!

You forget you must have a item worth gold to get gold -_- you dont just get gold from nowhere ya nub if you have empty inventory you get no gold if you have eternal frost maul you get 80k ? ya see theres no way to get unlimited gold unless you have unlimited high level items worth cost.

It's not interesting and fun if no poors :(

that's a really sad answer so you purposely want people to be begging because they suck and can't move on in-game cause their weak& poor? thats messed up I'm sorry I like helping players advance and have fun :cray:

You forget you must have a item worth gold to get gold -_- you dont just get gold from nowhere ya nub if you have empty inventory you get no gold if you have eternal frost maul you get 80k ? ya see theres no way to get unlimited gold unless you have unlimited high level items worth cost.

who said frost maul is worth 80k?

i say its worth 80000k yup seems gd

Are u gona still keep denying its a bad suggestion? i see nothing gd about it, plz show us 1good thing about ur suggestion without having a bad side effect

Alot of people even pmed me in game saying that my idea would help alot so before you try to criticize from a simplistic point of view think what you're talking about.

+1

You guys shouldn't insult someone for their own point of view/suggestion

People have the right to express their ideas so don't be negative

I already did but you're being ignorant. market price demand isn't set by 1 player its set by multiple sales  & most of the item prices are already set in market it's not often anymore then you get items worth 0 from what I've seen from my own game play. As I stated before GMs or Devs can change the market demand price to accommodate the system im not repeating myself... but literally you would have to have abunch of items worth alot of gold to even get alot of gold plus the fact the npc decreases ur gold by 10%-15% depending on gold price -_-

+1

You guys shouldn't insult someone for their own point of view/suggestion

People have the right to express their ideas so don't be negative

I love you :give_rose: :blush:

yeah then they could maybe incorporate kinda a market economy chart on the warspear forum or something so you can see whats raising in price on market kinda like a warspear stock market so you can sell items some day to get more bang for ur buck :]