Hokata - The Last Hope

Ikafati

Must read before proceeding

Hokata is designed to be a dungeon boss. Only her auto attacks deal % damage - the damage of her skills is based on your physical and magical defense. I didn't provide health or damage values because I believe devs will balance those according to current level cap, power of classes, etc. The Protector should have less HP than the Corrupted. If my entry wins, the questline, behavior of both bosses or something else may be changed, which I expect to happen. Also, pardon my drawing skills, and for a lot of text, I tried my best. But anyway, enjoy

Taken from the diary of Hel-Anull, commander ironclad of the Golden Lions

14th of Moonfall. Midnight

I should not be here... writing this... My place is in that ravaged battlefield behind the walls. So many of us have fallen. The stench of dead bodies can be felt everywhere. I should be one of those corpses... But our oracles didn‘t lie. The guardian, she saved us...

For the past days the news we were getting have been worsening after every report. Our rangers have spotted Odin‘s army just days away from Maliat. Barbarians, their shamans, warlocks, necromaners and undead, controlled by them... And our brothers, resurrected, their dead, soulless eyes, starring into the nothing. And this filth, crawling from the north, corrupting wildlife and us, the elves. I don‘t remember the last time I saw a torchbug, dancing in the leaves... It seems that this filth has affected our oracles the most. Day and night, they sing about some ancient elven hero, who will save all of us. Hokata.... the guardian... last hope... All oracles keep singing her name, but it‘s just them. The rest of us face the reality. I still remember the face of a Moon Priest, when the oracle she was protecting stopped praying. Her expression, when she saw her dead body in a pool of blood and an arrow, stuck in her head. Her scream pierced the city and the sky. How did we fail to notice the sky – cloudless and red. The arrows started falling soon after. The reports of our rangers were always spot on – how could they miss by an entire week? I rushed outside of the city. And there it was – the entire Odin‘s legion, gazing at our walls. I have no idea what magic they used but this attack was a surprise. Not many of us were ready to fight but we started to setup our defenses as fast as we could. Our ironclads and battle mages fighting below the wall and our rangers shooting the dead from above. It was hopeless... These zombies took our arrows like pincushions and barbarians were crushing our armor like paper. Not many of us were skilled in the art of elemental magic – ranged combat and divine healing were our strongest aspects in battle. This power was unseen, we could not fight back, especially when we were outnumbered at least 10 to 1. I remember how my strenght left my legs, And this voice in my head... I looked around and saw my brothers fainting. It‘s over... The ground was shaking below my face. I pushed myself from the ground but, without any strenght, fell again on my back. The gates... The wall, covered with blood and dead bodies... All in front of me. And our Tree of Life... Its leaves were shining again, probably for the first time since the start of the war. And torchbugs, dancing... I saved this view in my mind so I could take it with me to the afterlife. But I never reached that place. Upon opening my eyes I saw her. Hokata... the voice in my head kept repeating her name. The oracles never lied. She is the guardian, the creation of Ayvondil itself. She stood next to me and fiercely looked at our enemy. At least 8 feet tall, brown hair, golden eyes, a huge sword in her right arm. Almost fully covered in armor with some kind of shining blades covering her left arm. One blink and she was gone. I could hear the shouts and screams of our enemy as she was cutting them down. Magic did close to nothing to her – a barrier was protecting her. She caused havoc everywhere. No undead was safe, anyone who tried to run away was melted in some kind of purple mass, falling from the sky. Just her presence boosted our morale and gave us strenght – we rushed in to support her. Minutes later, the battlefield was covered with corpses and ashes. It was over. Or so we thought. A huge figure was approaching. A dragon. Black scales and body, purple, burning eyes. It was Garaan. What would a God do in this battle? We ran, but our savior stood still. We tried to call her but she didn‘t listen. She simply leaped into the air to cut the beast in half. And just a moment later, she disappeared in his flames. As Garaan‘s shadow sweeped through the city, all of us felt a chill in the air. Some of my brothers started pointing at this black ball of fire, floating in the sky. Strong magic and dark fog was emanating from it. Suddenly, it exploded and spewed 2 figures from it. The first one to stand was some dark creature. Red eyes, boiling with anger. Long black hair. A spiky sword with a strange eye on it. Pretty much armorless with sharp, enormous blades covering her left arm. I knew who she was. I couldn‘t believe it... She glared at us, but her eyes locked upon noticing the Tree of Life – the Heart of Ayvondil. Without a second thought, she rushed towards it at such speed that even the best archers in our ranks could barely see her. She saw no obstacles, few were unlucky to stay in her path. Their bodies disintegrated into black ashes with their screams still in the air. Just a few seconds later, the second figure stood up as well. She was a complete opposite of this woman, running towards our city. Golden eyes, filled with calmness. Suited in the best quality armor - none of us saw a better one. She didn‘t have any blades on her left arm, just a ball of white flame in her hand. What attracted our attention is her huge shield-like sword. She picked it up with ease and dashed after her evil copy. We followed, but her speed was insane. When we reached the the Tree, both of them were gone. Those, who were still alive, told us, that before this evil woman‘s blade could reach the trunks of the Tree, it was stopped by a divine protector. When their blades met, both twins dissapeared. And to this today, some of us still hear steel bouncing off of each other near the Heart of our city. Both of the warrioressess, locked in an eternal battle. None of us are destined to see it... But we still pray, that when we will hear evil near our gates, when our lives will be hanging on a thread, she, Hokata, will rise and save us, as she‘s our guardian... our last hope...

Meet Hokata - The Last Hope. Created by the forest itself to protect her children, but corrupted by Garaan, 2 of her enbodiments - the Protector and the Corrupted - exist. The twins fight an eternal battle near the roots of the Tree of Life, but you, the player, will decide, who wins this duel.

Your quest will begin in the hall of the Council of the Twelve. Here, Yawweh-Lynn, who you probably already met before, will tell you about strange ghosts, wandering the forest. Your first task will be to examine, and if possible, talk with the phantoms. These ghosts can be found anywhere - near Whispering Shore or maybe in the Desecrated Grove. After locating one of these ghosts you will be given an option to talk with it. These ghosts are actually warriors, who fought in a battle long ago. They will ask if you can end their misery and put them to rest. To do this, you must take the dearest thing, belonging to the ghost, which he will materialize, and put it near the roots of the Tree of Life. After your entire party does this, all of you will suddenly be teleported to, what it seems, another dimension. Sadly, your party won't be the only ones here - various creatures from other worlds will be blocking your path onwards. You probably met them before in Astral Labyrinth - Messengers, Scarabs, Strangers and other creatures are ready to fight you. After you and your friends reach the end of the dungeon, you will meet an old figure - a messenger of the White Wanderer. He will tell you a tale about 2 warrioressess, who are fighting near the Tree of Life to decide the future of Ayvondil. After he tells you the story, you party leader will be given 2 options and a choice to make. You can grab the hand of the messenger or kill him...

Hokata - The Protector

Protector.jpg

Upon slicing the messenger in half, your party will be teleported to the Tree of Life. Here you will see 2 female figures fighting each other. Because you killed the messenger, The Protector will feel your evil and attack you. She won't be alone - her minions will aid her in battle. Luckily for you, the Corrupted will turn to your side. The Protector's minions will cast fireballs and ice arrows which reduce your attack speed, so it's recommended to dispatch them first. You may notice, that Protectot's damage to your tank is not the same - sometimes it's just 10, sometimes it's over 300. This happens because her damage on your party from her auto attacks will depend on the type of armor each player is wearing. Players, who are wearing heavy armor, will receive 1-15% of their health as damage with each hit. Leather armor means 1-20% and cloth 1-25% of damage. Casters should be careful, because the maximum % hit, that criticals will remove half of their HP. Remember, auto attack damage is random, if you're low on health, don't panic, because next hit from the boss may deal only 1% of you health as damage. As the fight continues, you will notice that the Protector starts shielding herself, therefore, this fight may last longer. Occasionally, she will cast Harad's Tears on your party, so make sure to watch your health bars. Sometimes she will try to sweep her sword across your healers, make sure that they stay back. Her Mass Shackles spell wil bind your arms and will lower your damage. Only a healing spell can remove it. When the fight will seem to be almost over, the Protector will put her sword like a shield against you and cast a holy barrier. You may notice the white ball of fire in her arms growing bigger and runes on her sword beggining to shine. She's casting a spell, which, if succeeds, will heal her for a huge amount and revive her minions. Note, that this spell will only be cast once throughout the battle. If you break her barrier before she casts the spell, the Protector will turn into a white shining ball, floating in the air and you will win. Your party will be awarded with Garaan's gifts from the chest futher away. The Corrupted will try to hit the Tree after the fight. After her blades reach it, the forest will lose a part of it's energy and you will be teleported back to your own dimention. But remember, the Protector will rise again and you will have a chance to defeat her once more.

Hokata - The Corrupted

Corrupted.jpg

After you take the messenger's arm, your party will be teleported to the Tree of Life. Here you will see 2 female figures fighting each other. Because you are with the messenger, The Corrupted will feel your good will and attack you. Luckily for you, she will be fighting against you alone and the Protector will aid you. But beware, because dying will cause a lot of problems. If anyone from your party perishes, the Corrupted will take their soul and revive your friend as one of her own. Your friend will attack your party, so it's rcommended to kill him again fast. Just like the Protector, auto attacks from the Corrupted will deal % damage based on your health - 1-15% for heavy, 1-20% for leather and 1-25% for cloth armor. Occasionally, the Corrupted will cast Garaan's Blood on your party. It will deal moderate damage to players and will leave a pool of blood on the ground. This mass won't disappear and will damage players, who are standing in it. Sometimes, the Corrupted will stop attacking, you may notice her blades starting to glow. After a few second she will use Void Rush. She will rush across the battlefield and will deal tremendous amounts of damage to anyone in her path. The less HP she has, the smaller the charging time of the skill will become. She will cast it more often as well, so be careful. Just like the Protector, she will try to reach your healers with her blades, so stay as far away as possible. After you defeat her, the Corrupted will turn into a black foggy blade, floating in the air and the Protector will open a chest further away from the field. After your party takes the treasure, you will be teleported back to your own dimention. But remember, the Corrupted will rise again and you will have a chance to defeat her once more.

Edited by Shilan

Did u add the skills and location + Boss info like Hp dmg and status in this long writing too? I ask cz im too bored to read :D

So why do you ask these questions if you didn't read?

So why do you ask these questions if you didn't read?

The formatting is terrible, I agree.

The formatting is terrible, I agree.

Thats why i asked him without reading, but he seems a rude guy ^^

Man i just wanted to help, if u didnt add u could add no? And understanding that a massive amount of letters together r not easy to read for all, u could make the formatting easy way to read :D i didnt want to be rude

Thats why i asked him without reading, but he seems a rude guy ^^

Man i just wanted to help, if u didnt add u could add no? And understanding that a massive amount of letters together r not easy to read for all, u could make the formatting easy way to read :D i didnt want to be rude

Wasn't trying to be rude, just asked a question