Critical and resilience

Bdsc

Question

We know that resilience lower the chance to get critical hit

But lately resilience doesn't stop critical as before and most classes hit me critical BD _ Druid (ranger supposed to hit critical but nah only 2 ranger hit me 1 critical hit out of 7-10 hit , while bd hit critical each 3-4 hit )

I have 19% resilience

And dung bosses , avenger, spawn hit critical too

What is the use of resilience if it can't stop criticalcritical even from bosses :bad:

24 answers to this question

resi not work for bosses and mobs

I agree with sky's words. Resi is used for PvP and Arena only.

Sorry for offtopic : Well, resi is a substitute stat for defence on PvP mode. While defence is used for PvP and farming.

Edited by Nestly

I agree with sky's words. Resi is used for PvP and Arena only.

Sorry for offtopic : Well, resi is a substitute stat for defence on PvP mode. While defence is used for PvP and farming.

Listen to the miss knowledge  :good:  :blush:

Well resilience work for lower critical chance on mobs not dmg

Want to test it go to 0 resilience and tank a group of mobs you will find you get critical hit from them

Now try +15% and if you get a critical hit take a screenshot of it

Resilience bound

1 increase the chance to avoid critical hit ( didn't say players)

2 reduce critical hit dmg

3 reduced dmg of other players

Back to topic

Resilience suppose to increase avoiding critical hit

How is that and still bd hit insane critical

I fought rouges with full kw and lower resilience and the whole fight was 3 critical hit max

Edited by Kitige

Well resilience work for lower critical chance on mobs not dmg

Want to test it go to 0 resilience and tank a group of mobs you will find you get critical hit from them

Now try +15% and if you get a critical hit take a screenshot of it

Resilience bound

1 increase the chance to avoid critical hit ( didn't say players)

2 reduce critical hit dmg

3 reduced dmg of other players

Back to topic

Resilience suppose to increase avoiding critical hit

How is that and still bd hit insane critical

I fought rouges with full kw and lower resilience and the whole fight was 3 critical hit max

Hard players to ask you this since we dont know how game works , 15% resi on 30% crit still has 15% chance to hit you one 

Just pvp one time without any resilience and you will see how lifesafing your 19% resilience are :P My resilience is 15% around and I don't get crits often.

Just pvp one time without any resilience and you will see how lifesafing your 19% resilience are :P My resilience is 15% around and I don't get crits often.

Ya I used 15% vs rouge (critical master and it work )

And I'm 19% heavbowus and this is not Critical rate = Critical% - Resilience %

Edited by Kitige

Incorrect, i dont think its as easy as 30% crit minues 20% resil = 10% crit chance.

I have played a ranger with 35%+ resilience however critical strikes still occur, as skrillex said, we dont know the game mechanics.

Resilience only affects damage/critical chance from other players. That is what resilience is.

Incorrect, i dont think its as easy as 30% crit minues 20% resil = 10% crit chance.

I have played a ranger with 35%+ resilience however critical strikes still occur, as skrillex said, we dont know the game mechanics.

Resilience only affects damage/critical chance from other players. That is what resilience is.

Idk exactly just said so .. i really dont know how it works , when crit or not 

Actually 19% resilience isn't enough for fighting rogues, rangers, or any class actually. Since we have now the option "inspect" you can have enough info about how much resi you should have.. Calculate his crits n choose ur mix of sets (ofc not only resi n crit, but also other stats u have to keep in mind).

It would be pretty safe to have even 1% resi more than enemy's crit.

And regarding PvE, let me tell you, you will need some resi (especially if u r a tank) because it does reduce the crit chance of the boss or mobs. Against bosses you still receive crits, cuz all bosses have very high crit u won't be able to avoid them.

Actually 19% resilience isn't enough for fighting rogues, rangers, or any class actually. Since we have now the option "inspect" you can have enough info about how much resi you should have.. Calculate his crits n choose ur mix of sets (ofc not only resi n crit, but also other stats u have to keep in mind).

It would be pretty safe to have even 1% resi more than enemy's crit.

And regarding PvE, let me tell you, you will need some resi (especially if u r a tank) because it does reduce the crit chance of the boss or mobs. Against bosses you still receive crits, cuz all bosses have very high crit u won't be able to avoid them.

I still do not think it does reduce critical chance from players.

I use 12.2% resilience and do perfectly fine, it depends on your defense to resilience ratio.

High defence and low resil is equivalent to high resil and average defence

If you have great defence, 10% resilience will be more than sufficient against rogues

Well it is clearly written in the description that it does  ;D

Anyways I find the idea of when having greatly high def (for example like 10k for tanks  :shok: ) and maybe little resi works fine too, but yeah when having low def go full resi and wish for the best.

But I still prefer balancing between them

Edited by gladiator

Well it is clearly written in the description that it does ;D

Anyways I find the idea of when having greatly high def (for example like 10k for tanks :shok: ) and maybe little resi works fine too, but yeah when having low def go full resi and wish for the best

Does not specify if it works in PvE though

Yup, even some players use full non arena set yet still cope fine

I'm on the side of gladiator and kitige, resil does lower the crit chance also in pve...

Some questions from me:
1. Resil lowers enemys chance for critical hits. Kitige said it's not Critical rate = Critical% - Resilience%, so from your experience what do you think how it is impplemented?
2. Resil lowers critical hit dmg. Does this affect mobs too? cuz its in the same sentence as its reducing dmg from enemy players...
2. Resil reduces enemy players dmg... Is it like 20% resil = -20% dmg? Or what ratio would you say it is, based on ur experience?

Another offtopic question: Penetration... How does it work?

One example: my enemy has 4k def (~33%) and no resil. If i have 10% penet, is it like 4k-10% = 3.6k (~30%) or is it 33% -10% = 29.7% or is it 33% -10%points = 23%?

Edited by Thiefmastr

Some FACTS :

1. Resil DOES lower critchance of mobs. Good tank or aggro-person MUST have not less than 7% resil. Random crits for 600+ from boss is kinda hard.

2. Resil DOES lower critchance as 1 to 1. 30% resil lowers enemie's critchance for 30%.

3. Resil DOES lower critdmg as 1 to 1.

4. 15-18% resil is not enough for PvP, because middle statistical ranger/rogue has 23%+ critchance.

5. Resil DOES lower all player's damage like 1 to 0.86.

All facts were tested 1000 times by Testfive from Russian Server :P

Edited by Gone offline

Just higher up your resilience and you gonna see the difference, and what Nestly said is right. Resilience is for PvP, not PvE.

WOW I had been busy a while so

Physik

Great Def lower dmg so a even a critical from a low dmg won't be noticed in health bar

But Def has no Effect on resilience each one is separated

Gladiator

19% is good vs rouges I got owned by sparttacuz :P but without any critical hit

Thiefmastr

1 From my exp resilience is normally below critical that all I know

So you can have lower resilience% and still don't receive critical

2 Idk since mobs don't hit me critical :D

3 20% resilience doesn't lower you dmg by 20%

Penetration don't work on resilience

It's something like you said I guess but it's not accurate cuz dmg points can be like 123.67 so it won't do 0.67 part

Gone offline

Since when those facts where posted cuz things changed

Bugs Bunny

Mainly yes but I'm sure even you would use some resilience in pve right :blush:

Resilience doesn't lower the damage from mobs but yes it reduces the critical hits from mobs.

I've tested it when you let a group of mobs hit you with 0% resilience they'll crit often like every 2nd time and when you let them hit you with 20% or more resilence you won't get even one crit hit. So I believe resilience rune definition is wrong and devs need to change it or make it work the way they described it.

19% resilience is not good enough for PvP, I'm sure everyone has more than 20% critical and some rangers/rogues have 32% + . My resilience is 25% and I barely get critical hits but yes some classes with 30%+ critical still crits me.

Resilience doesn't lower the damage from mobs but yes it reduces the critical hits from mobs.

I've tested it when you let a group of mobs hit you with 0% resilience they'll crit often like every 2nd time and when you let them hit you with 20% or more resilence you won't get even one crit hit. So I believe resilience rune definition is wrong and devs need to change it or make it work the way they described it.

19% resilience is not good enough for PvP, I'm sure everyone has more than 20% critical and some rangers/rogues have 32% + . My resilience is 25% and I barely get critical hits but yes some classes with 30%+ critical still crits me.

25% pretty high , my 17smth im ok with that 

If someone goes tower without resiliene be sure to have 2 healers in party 

Edited by heavybowus