Arantir, The Whisper of Death

Arantir, The Whisper of Death

[Note:

1. This happened before the Great Divide of Arinar.
  2. I know I've written a long, long story....sorry about that. : :)
  3. The attached images are mine only. I've used the game screenshot of ALTAR OF AVENGER to just tell location. 
  4. About the stats and skills: This boss is made keeping in mind that most players are now decently strong with all those new gears.]

We all know the boss "Avenger". We all have farmed it some or the other time. But from where did this evil creature come up? And how did it actually get the shape of a dragon? (its a skeleton dragon after all) The answer to these questions is Arantir. He's a necrolord. (meaning a very, very, very strong necromancer)

Necromancers get their name because they practise necromancy. Necromancy is the study of corpses with a view to resurrect them.(just an approximate definition) Arantir too learnt dabbling in the black magic of necromancy. Being a very, very, very strong magician he could resurrect a dragon as well.(normal necromancers can't do such resurrections) Arantir was a child prodigy. But he got entangled in the dark power of black magic. His strength is not a secret as he was the ancestor of Berengar, the greatest magician ever lived on Arinar. But this fact has been long forgotten. Soon he became arrogant about his strength and started calling himself a God. His arrogance led him to lay great waste to the whole of Arinar.

The God brothers, Harad, Nuadu and Garahan decided to stop this threat to the world. They led a great army against Arantir and his legions of undead warriors. Though the losses were uncountable, they finally managed to corner Arantir and eventually seal his spirit into a separate dimension. But they were too late. Arantir had already assigned his masterpiece: Avenger, the undead skeleton dragon; to guard the Altar of Avenger. That altar held a secret portal to his outworldly prison. The three Gods were very weakened from their fight so they just left the monster as it was. He constantly waits there for someone, having huge hatred against the world, to free him from his prison; so that the world will be covered in a second layer of darkness.

Arantir is supposed to be the one who manipulated Garahan, and then Orin, into trying to steal the Spear, which culminated into the War of the Spear. Again manipulating both of them through his outworldly prison shows just how powerful this person is.

[Note: Even the Nameless, ruler of the Forsaken faction hates this guy.] :crazy: 

Boss Mechanism; Location Traps:

Arantir wields a magical staff held in right hand; attacks every 3 seconds. Skills can be animated same as our regular caster characters. 

Location: The Altar of Avenger has a secret portal leading to his prison.
As for the location traps: 
I suggest two levels of traps-Point traps for single targets; area triggered traps for multiple targets.
1. Point traps include simple ranger traps (they will incapacitate the trapped player for 5 seconds), explosive traps (these will deal 1% of MAX HP of the trapped player as damage to that player).

2. Area triggered traps include the "Blazing ground" which is the mage expert skill which we all know very well; and "Cursed grounds" which is something new that I wanted to add. These cursed grounds will incapacitate a player walking on it for 4 seconds. The area of the Cursed grounds is 3 x 3 yards. 

THE LOCATIONS OF THESE TRAPS CAN BE DECIDED BY THE DEVS.

Drops:
>Spheres of Damage Enhancement III / Spheres of Defence Enhancement III (100%)

>Common essences/catalysts (35%)

>Energy essences/catalysts (30%),

>Ethereal essences/catalysts (25%),

>Level 24 unique weapons-1% chance for any of these (THESE WEAPONS MUST LOOK LIKE THEY ARE MADE FROM DRAGON BONES)
  1)Sacrificial Gladius of the Dragon-Summoner (1H melee, accuracy, crit rate, high life steal % )
  2)Ritual Dagger of the Dragon-Summoner (1H melee, accuracy, high attack speed, life steal %)
  3)Staff of the Dragon-Summoner (2H magic, accuracy, crit rate, high life steal %)
  4)Stick of the Dragon-Summoner (2H magic, cooldown reduction, crit rate, high life steal %)
  5)Souldrinker of the Dragon-Summoner (2H sword, penetration, high attack speed, 30% dmg recovered as HP)

I haven't added 1H mace, 1H axe and 2H hammer since I'm unable to decide what stats should I assign them. I leave it to the devs.

>Level 24 unique set armors(heavy, light, cloth) & unique shield - each 2% chance
   Again these I'll leave to devs to design.

>Level 24 unique rings, amulets, cloaks - 2% chance each
   One parameter compulsory to ring, amulet or cloak: 7% damage. Other 3 parameters left to devs.

>Unique Costumes: Emperor of the Necropolis-Three colours: Black, Red, Brown
                     Empress of the Necropolis-Three colours: Black, Red, Brown

Physical Stats:
>HP = 2.5m

>Energy = 2k; regenerates 200 energy per second.

>Physical 
   Attack = (750)***       Defense = 3k

>Magical
   Attack = 600   Defense = 4k

*** PHYSICAL ATTACK ONLY WHEN ARANTIR TRANSFORMS INTO A MELEE CLASS UNDER THE EFFECT SKILL #5 - THE MIGHT OF LOST MAGICS.

ARANTIR'S SKILLS:
1. Nightmares (Energy: 50, Cooldown=30 seconds, Usage Range=4 yards): Same as our necromancer class. Only changes are: Puts all players WITHIN RANGE to sleep for a duration of 3 seconds; and stops health and energy regeneration. 

2. Summon (Passive): At every loss of 200k health the boss falls asleep in an inactive state (it won't attack you, nor you can attack him) and summons TWO undead tanks and TWO  undead necromancers with following stats and skills. These summons disappear in 1 minute. It also summons 5 minor mobs [ONLY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SKILL IS USED, AFTER THAT THEY JUST RESPWAN ON DEATH AND THE BOSS WON'T SUMMON THEM AGAIN] which I've described below sections "A" and "B" of THIS skill. Summons:

A] Undead Tank:

Stats:

>HP=10000

>Energy=700

>Physical attack and defense & magical defense stats same as the stats of the melee mobs in lab b5.
SKILLS 
  • Displeasure of Undeads (Usage range: 4 yards, Energy: 25, Cooldown: 10 seconds): With some chance, it reduces the attack speed of the players  caught in the range of the skill. One player definitely gets a reduced attack speed.
  • Disarming Counter-Strike (Usage: Melee, Energy: 30, Cooldown: 15 seconds): Unleashes a furious counter-attack with a power so strong that makes the player unable to attack for 5 seconds.

• Scar (Usage: Melee, Energy: 45, Cooldown: 20 seconds): Bewitches the weapon with magic to deal 500% of the usual damage; plus deals 1% of the player's max HP as damage over time to the same player, for 5 seconds.

• Aggressiveness (Usage range: 5 yards, Energy: 5, Cooldown: 10 seconds): The undead tank provocates all players in the range to attack it, letting go of their previous targets. Increases its own defense for next 5 hits it sustains (this number WILL NOT stack up). 
B] Undead Necromancer:
Stats:
>HP=7500
>Energy=600
>Physical defense, magical attack and defense same as the caster mobs in lab b6.

SKILLS:
  • Energy Field: (Usage range: None, Energy: 15, Cooldown: 10 seconds) Creates a energy field on itself and the undead tank which consumes a damage equal to 25% of the max HP of each of them respectively.

• Block Flow: (Usage range: None, Energy: 25, Cooldown: 10 seconds) Heals itself and the undead tank by a preset value (say 4k HP) and reduces cooldown on skills of the undead tank.

• Leech: (Usage range: Locates the closest caster, Energy: 45, Cooldown: 30 seconds) It absorbs the enemy caster's health for 5 seconds, with the absorb rate being 1% of the max HP per second.

• Unholy Sacrifice: (Usage range: 5 yards, Energy: 45, Cooldown: 30 seconds) Transfers 20% of its own HP to the tank and with some chance activates the energy field too. This skill won't work unless both have a minimum 30% HP left each.

C] Minor Mobs: These mobs permanently summoned (ONLY ONCE) by Arantir's passive skill "SUMMON" have all stats equal to lab b1 mobs; and they respawn after every 12 seconds.  They are 5 in number: Two melee warriors, two casters and one ranger.
  • Melee Warrior #1: Uses a 1H weapon (gladius or mace), heavy armor and a shield and has "Shield Strike" expert skill of barbarian, "Harad's Banner" & "Harad's Call expert skill of paladin.
  • Melee Warrior #2: Uses a 2H weapon (axe or sword) and heavy armor; and has "Steel Hurricane" and "Sharp Shadow" expert skills of death knight.
  • Caster #1: Uses a staff (with penetration parameter) and has "Hex" expert skill of warlock, "Mental Pit" expert skill of necromancer and "Flaming Totem" expert skill of shaman.
  • Caster #2: Uses a staff (with cooldown parameter) and has "Healing Dew" skill of druid, "Valor Aura" expert skill of priest and "Overload" expert skill of mage.
  • Ranger: Uses a crossbow and has "Powerful Shot", "Ranger Blessing" regular skills & "Fire Arrow" expert skill of rangers.

3.Spirit Snatcher: (Usage range: Random player, Energy: 75, Cooldown: 30 seconds) Targets a single player and deals damage over time. This DoT is different as it also reduces energy over time.
If the player dies while under the effect of this skill, the skill "Nightmares" will get activated with a reduced duration of 1 second only.

4. Random Curses: (Usage range: 5 yards, Energy: 100, Cooldown: 40 seconds) Curses all players in the specified range with random effects, such as lessened physical/magical attack/defence (20% chance), lowered attack speed (20% chance), lower accuracy (50% chance), FREEZEE (50% chance) stun with a certain chance. MORE THAN TWO EFFECTS ON SAME PLAYER CAN HAPPEN! HERE I ADD A NEW EFFECT: "FREEZE" (freezes the player for 5 seconds)

5. The Might of Lost Magics: (Passive) The boss uses ancient magics, now lost; to transform into one of the 12 existing character classes randomly, GAINS ACCESS TO THEIR SKILLSHowever the health must be below 600k, and transformation occurs for every 100k HP that is lost additionally.

6. The Ultimate Curse!: (Usage range: Random player, Energy: 500, Cooldown: loss of every 300k HP) Curses a random player which causes HIM TO LOSE HP AND ENERGY AT 500 PER SECOND IF HE TRIES TO MOVE and ALSO all his equipment to break mysteriously, both for 5 seconds (equipment break happens regardless of movement), WITH NO REPAIRS POSSIBLE. After 5 seconds are over that player's equipment will be restored to previous value.

Here is the final boss drawing!! Hope you all like it!! :give_rose: I may not be able to add anymore since I'm still quite busy with my internship training with ARM Microcontrollers.  :pardon: 

P.S.: Sorry for the crappy drawings....I've drawn after a long time! :blush:  ;D

Altar of Avenger.png

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Edited by Praveer

Hoping for some good suggestions

//// secretly hoping to win and get this boss out there!!! ;D for us all to farm!! :friends:  :drinks: 

MODIFIED THE BOSS DRAWING!!! ROLAND PLEASE UPDATE MY DRAWING ON FACEBOOK!!

IMAG0613.jpg WAS CHANGED TO IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Great work, sire!
Your story is amazing and the twist for Warspear's lore is possible. 

I personally liked the skill "The Ultimate Curse!"

6. The Ultimate Curse!: (Usage range: Random player, Energy: 500, Cooldown: loss of every 300k HP) Curses a random player which causes HIM TO LOSE HP AND ENERGY AT 500 PER SECOND IF HE TRIES TO MOVE and ALSO all his equipment to break mysteriously for 5 seconds (equipment break happens regardless of movement)WITH NO REPAIRS POSSIBLE. After 5 seconds are over that player's equipment will be restored to previous value.

Very creative, I must say.
I suggest you increase the duration up to a minute or two..
(Let's piss them off *chuckles*)

I don't have anything to suggest with the boss' illustration since it's already good. I was about to suggest wings, but they are so overused and hood may block the facial features so.. nevermind.

A'ight, I bid you good fortune with this "Necrolord" of yours, sire. *thumbs up*

*vanishes*

DO YOU WANT THE BADDEST BOSS EVER SINCE OUT THERE, WHOSE PRISON IS IN THE HIDDEN SANCTUARIES?? THEN HIT LIKE ON THIS LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/warspear/photos/a.853089728060018.1073741846.136652359703762/855819864453671/?type=3&theater

• 8 months later...

Due to the fact that I have nothing to do during weekends, I desided to give ZU-EID a new look.

Attached ZU-EID. Sorry Gary for coping your design I chance your lightning strike to a "W" for Whisper.